Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 03:16 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i see you have deviated floor mats as well, question... do they make brown ones for the brown interior? (i assume those are black?)
Old 04-16-2011, 03:44 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by RESP
Thanks WOOt, great review and pictures!
You have reinforced my buying decision - we have an order, waiting for the "lock" to a build date. Hoping for summer delivery.
You should be getting a referral bonus from PCNA for this thread!
Resp, you will love it. Congrats. Hmmm ... referral bonus sounds good. May be I should forward this thread to PCNA ???

Originally Posted by rome
Woot-- Have you gotten used to the heated windscreen yet or will you be swapping it out?
Rome, I will open a separate thread titled long term update, after 5K miles which will review all these options one more time. To answer your question, it is not bothering me nearly as much as I have gotten used to it. Our body/mind is such an amazingly engineered object ... there is no substitute

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i see you have deviated floor mats as well, question... do they make brown ones for the brown interior? (i assume those are black?)
Riley, the espr/cogn comes standard with espr mats. I am not a big fan of the winter mats which are black The interior looks so much nicer now as you can see.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:51 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Default Options on the w00tMOBILE: 20 " RS spyder wheel

Why did I order it ? Race inspired timeless design ... need I say more ?

My review: The brilliant 10 U-shaped dual arm spoke design with a platinum finish complements the jet black metallic perfectly. On close inspection, the color has an incredible depth and clarity that I have tried to capture with these shots. Many here are quite aware on how meticulous I am when it comes to keeping my cars clean ... I can tell you that the one downside to these wheels is the degree of time and effort it takes to clean them given the endless grooves and surfaces.

If I had to do it again: After seeing the shots, do you have any question .... I don't.
Attached Images     

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 05-13-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:35 AM
Nemic
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is an awesome thread

Keep the reviews coming
Old 05-14-2011, 04:53 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 206 Posts

Excellent photos, w00t- loving the mirror-like shine in the second shot.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Jsonorous
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great to see the Spyders on your CS!
Old 05-21-2011, 01:49 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Default Options on the w00tMOBILE: Adaptive cruise control

Why did I choose it? Cayenne will be spending quite a bit of time on the highways (> 80 %)

My review: The key advantage of A.C.C. is that the system automatically varies the vehicle’s speed to match the speed of the vehicle right in front of you up to the speed limit that the system has been set to. So I do nothing throughout a highway commute other than relax and enjoy the comforts of the interior ( like pana roof, Burmester, 18-way seats, noise insulating glass) without having to worry about tailgating, or having to engage and disengage the cruise control system. When you accelerate beyond the set speed the ACC the system is deactivated (ACC passive display shows up in the instrument panel). ACC is only active above speeds of 19 mph. It is a very nice feature to have. The throttle and braking is extremely smooth and progressive not abrupt by any means. It reminds me of how magnets repel each other when they're placed with their like poles together because they create a magnetic field. That is how your car responds to the vehicle in front of you. If the vehicle in front of you travels faster, than your vehicle accelerates until it reaches the top speed that is set in the system. If the vehicle in front of slows down then there is smooth braking to slow your Cayenne to keep it at a safe distance from the vehicle in front, the distance that you have set as default. The first shot shows that there is no car ahead of me. The dash gauge display at any given time displays the current distance from the vehicle, the top inverted triangle, the current speed of vehicle in front, the bottom red arrow and the desired distance that you have set between your car and the one in front. In this case I have set it to the third setting which amounts to a time gap of 1.8 seconds and this corresponds to 66 yards at a speed of 75 miles per hr. When you are following a slow car in a lane it is actually fun to change over to an empty lane and watch the effortless v8 accelerate to the speed that you have set the CC too in no time. I usually vary the default spacing based on the traffic flow, the slower the speed, the narrower the gap I set and faster the speed, the greater the spacing.

If I had to do it again? Smooth, seamless, better than natural…what more could one want ?
Attached Images    

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 05-21-2011 at 02:17 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:34 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I am big fan of adaptative cruise control, don't have to worry about speed limit and still can jsut blend in traffic when you want to stop bothering mainting a fixed speed.

only warning is that after a while you stop looking at your surrounding as much as you used to and rely on the computer a lot. I surprised myself looking around the car and letting the system apply the brake while the car in front of me was slowing down, without even thinking of should I do something.

good thing, bad thing... you need to trust the system or that defeat the purpose I guess.

QUESTION, does the Cayenne A.C.C offer start and stop function ? I mean does it brake the car to a full stop and then restart it back to cruise control speed, in case for example the traffic would come to a complete stop ?
Old 05-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

This is a great thread!
I just wonder if there is any option or feature you dislike on you new Cayenne?
Please let us know.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:45 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Great question Philooo...
Old 05-22-2011, 03:03 PM
eddiek
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Car! I bought my '11 Cayenne through Sunset as well. Very informative thread! I'll look out for you if you're ever around the Portland area!

Last edited by eddiek; 05-22-2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Question answered on 2nd page.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Why did I order it ? Race inspired timeless design ... need I say more ?

On close inspection, the color has an incredible depth and clarity that I have tried to capture with these shots. Many here are quite aware on how meticulous I am when it comes to keeping my cars clean ... I can tell you that the one downside to these wheels is the degree of time and effort it takes to clean them given the endless grooves and surfaces.
+1 to all of these comments. Since I just came in from washing my CS I most definitely agree with the fact that cleaning them is something of a PITA. But I love the way they look.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:24 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

85,000 miles on it now ...

Never used the following options:

-ACC, voice control, XM radio, Trailer coupling, Roofrails,fire extinguisher.

Wasted money on

- heated windsreen (frankly I hated the squiggly lines), Wheel arch extensions/side door protection moulding, compass display

So I could have done without $4855 worth of options !

Lesson here is please use restraint when you are ordering a vehicle where every option is $$$

Burmester alone is $$$$ and I am not sure if I put it to the real test all these 8 years.

Not sure why this thread is in the 957 section. Mods please move it to the 958. Thank you.
Old 12-07-2020, 03:43 AM
chandanYOGI
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

damn i could just fit only one tye in the trunk!!!

Quick Reply: Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar