Sponsored by:

Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 06:01 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Are you suggesting that someone has to ask W00t to chime in at the "Have you ever dated a stripper" thread in OT
Old 02-25-2011, 01:26 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Default Options on the w00tMOBILE: Jet black metallic

Why did I order it ? Nothing comes close to black when it comes to depth, warmth and clarity.

My review: Yup... I'll say this again: Nothing comes close to black when it comes to depth, warmth and clarity....But there is a price to pay for that. It will show every little pollen, dust particle, water spot and swirl mark. For a black colored car one should allocate time for regular hand-washing, polishing and waxing to keep it looking stunning and beautiful. When it comes to black, solid black is king but my biggest fear was that I would be spending more time correcting blemishes on the paint (swirl marks) than driving it. Hence went with jet black metallic instead which would certainly be a little more forgiving and does tend to hide imperfections a little better compared to solid black. I convinced my wife who really wanted solid black to go with JBM... hence sight unseen we went with JBM. I told myself, she would kill me if there were to be a bluish hue to the black.

On close inspection, the color has a nice warm shiny black finish with great depth and wetness that was more evident after a nice coat of a high quality carnauba wax. There are a few purplish and blue metallic flakes (noted only on close up ... see picture). 95% of the time it looks black, but under bright sunlight it looks minimally dark blue/purple. Many here know how **** I am about upkeep of a vehicle’s finish. I like to drive cars hard yet have the mentality to keep it showroom perfect condition as much as I can. I love correcting and protecting paint and have every single accessory that one can have in their car washing/detailing arsenal. Black car and auto car wash don’t get along well and my Cayenne will never see a car wash tunnel. So I am ready for the challenge that a black colored car throws at you … My question is: R U ready. If U R ...then go JBM or even solid black and let the craziness begin.

If I had to do it again: Why not. After all a black Cayenne corners sharper, accelerates quicker and sounds better
Attached Images     

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 02-25-2011 at 02:32 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:12 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Good stuff Woot... I was begining to think my having two black p-cars was indicative of some personality disorder
Old 03-09-2011, 02:44 PM
miketan
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woot, were your winter wheels (I think you purchased them prior to taking delivery) ready for TPMS?
I'm planning to use my 19" Cayenne Design whells, currently on an '04 Cayenne S without TPMS and I'm told by the sales guy that they need to be retrofitted for TPMS (special valve stems, etc). Makes sense but just wanted to check.
Thanks,
Mike
Old 03-09-2011, 03:47 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

I bought the 18 inch wheels used that came off a '08 Cayenne GTS. The dealer installed the new TPMS. IIRC, it did not need any special valve stems. Talk to Luke in the parts section at Sunset imports, Beaverton, OR. He is extremely knowledgeable.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Mad Villain
AutoX

awesome thread! love how you explained each option on your truck seperately! can't wait for mine to get here....sounds like your having an amazing time with yours!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:47 PM
jerry joseph
Pro

Originally Posted by cab&coupe
Good stuff Woot... I was begining to think my having two black p-cars was indicative of some personality disorder
Ohhhh,that explains everything...
...I ordered Jet Black metallic
Old 03-15-2011, 10:59 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Thread is to be continued this weekend.... after a little break all this time as I was away for work related stuff.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:53 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Default Options on the w00tMOBILE: Thermally and noise insulating laminated glass

Why did I order it ? With Burmester on tap, I had to go with this option to create a mobile concert hall..plus the mountain pass roads are battered and bruised with all the "de-icers sprayed 5 out of 12 months.

My review: I had to wait until now for this review as I just took off the winter traction tires. Now with the summer performance tires, there is close to zero wind/road noise even on highway speeds on smooth roads and about 5% noise on ratty roads. There are two layers of glass adhered to each other with some sort of sealant or glue. For the thermal insulation there is probably about 35% tint (first picture is 50% 3M tint on the front window and the second one is the stock thermally insulating glass on the rear windows). There is some haze effect see picture number # 6 due to the tint which may not be to the liking of some. The windows and windshield have a different (purplish) hue (see picture #3)due to this special glass which locks the heat in winter and in summer keeps the heat out. People have reported interference with toll transponders (EZ pass), radar detectors. I have not had any issues with my garage door opener. Bottom line is it works as advertised and I am very satisfied with this option.

If I had to do it again: Yes....the Burmester needs it
Attached Images       
Old 04-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you missing a sock?
Old 04-05-2011, 01:19 PM
King Luis
Track Day

huh?

For the thermal insulation there is probably about 35% tint (first picture is 50% 3M tint on the front window and the second one is the stock thermally insulating glass on the rear windows).
so it comes with 35% tint but you added more to just the front windows to make it 50% and left the rear windows stock?
Old 04-16-2011, 12:43 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Divot
Are you missing a sock?
My daughters love to mix and match their socks for school everyday

Originally Posted by King Luis
huh?

so it comes with 35% tint but you added more to just the front windows to make it 50% and left the rear windows stock?
The front windows do not come tinted even when you order the thermal insulating glass. Hence I tinted them. I hope you realize that 50 % tint is lighter than 35 % tint (It's the % of light passing through the tint film).
Old 04-16-2011, 12:56 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Default Options on the w00tMOBILE: Fire extinguisher.

Why did I order it ? Anyone who owns an air-cooled P-car would know why this is the most important emergency equipment one can ever have in their vehicle. This is my wife/kids ride and I just went all out for every single safety feature that this gen of Cayennes had to offer.

My review: This is one option that I wish I never would get a chance to review. I would much rather wish that this be a "wasted" option.

If I had to do it again: I have always had a desire to go for a red interior in my cars ... so far this is the closest I've come to realizing that dream
Attached Images      
Old 04-16-2011, 02:34 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Thanks WOOt, great review and pictures!
You have reinforced my buying decision - we have an order, waiting for the "lock" to a build date. Hoping for summer delivery.
You should be getting a referral bonus from PCNA for this thread!
Old 04-16-2011, 02:38 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Woot-- Have you gotten used to the heated windscreen yet or will you be swapping it out?

Quick Reply: Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar