Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Did You Do To (or With) Your Cayenne Today ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2021, 07:14 PM
Travis
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Added an electronic doodad. Garmin mini dash cam hardwired into the car. Been sitting on this for over a month since not a lot of driving so might as well...

Was able to route the power wire through the vertical plastic two piece pipe that sends power to the rain sensor so no extra wire dangling. A small cutout was all that was needed to allow the power wire to exit the pipe and feed the dash cam.

Edit: I've since used a sharpie and blacked out the edge of the memory card since it was kind of sticking out a bit...OCD...

Last edited by Travis; 01-25-2021 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-25-2021, 09:10 PM
95_993
Race Car

Received 555 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
Enjoyed the new-to-me rig in the desert yesterday...

View this post on Instagram
Awesome! Welcome to the club.
The following users liked this post:
ilko (01-26-2021)
Old 01-30-2021, 02:39 AM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 103 Posts

So infamous issues with coolant fittings popping out happend so while engine was out got me some FVD downpipes since both flex pipes were shot.

Magdaddy (02-28-2021)
Old 02-21-2021, 05:07 PM
Uncle Jimmy
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Today I took the time to replace the water pump, thermostat, and flush the coolant. Since I bought the pig used, it started to show that it was not well maintained.
Old 02-22-2021, 08:06 PM
Craq
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just drove mine around on errands. I bought it four years ago next month as a toy. Since then I've retired and stopped my 40+ mile round trip every day which I did in an Infiniti G37; gone is the trusty Asian sedan, the CTTS is the daily, way less than the 200+ miles a week I used to slog...it (and me) live a pretty good life.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:35 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 251 Posts

Changed my thermostat today, drove around for a bit and so far no leaks and tons of heat. Top her off a couple times. I did not drain coolant or unhook any hoses or removed water pump behind the fan, but did change the water pump gasket. The pump was changed 20k miles ago and it seems fine. I tried getting the thermo out using the ziptie pull method but after a couple tries I gave up. I then drilled two holes in the intake socket and used a screw driver and hammer to split socket. Total cost including parts, silicone spray, distilled water and leftover coolant from the PO was about $125. I'll do a full system flush when the temperature gets above my age..lol
Old 02-27-2021, 12:10 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
Changed my thermostat today, drove around for a bit and so far no leaks and tons of heat. Top her off a couple times. I did not drain coolant or unhook any hoses or removed water pump behind the fan, but did change the water pump gasket. The pump was changed 20k miles ago and it seems fine. I tried getting the thermo out using the ziptie pull method but after a couple tries I gave up. I then drilled two holes in the intake socket and used a screw driver and hammer to split socket. Total cost including parts, silicone spray, distilled water and leftover coolant from the PO was about $125. I'll do a full system flush when the temperature gets above my age..lol
I've been putting off doing my thermostat for a while now but it is time to tackle it....right after I replace the all the suspension components and brakes on my wife's Toyota! The honey-do list is getting long.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:53 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by TomF
I've been putting off doing my thermostat for a while now but it is time to tackle it....right after I replace the all the suspension components and brakes on my wife's Toyota! The honey-do list is getting long.
I had to change it because I have emissions coming up soon and was getting a P2181. I did test the old and the new thermostat side by side and the old one was taking it's good old time to close.

Tools of the trade below, no brute force was used lol......

Old 03-01-2021, 05:54 AM
MrRoboto
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Did a little off roading!
Old 03-01-2021, 12:24 PM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 106 Posts

Backlog on mine, so I guess, from the top? Purchased 08 CTT in October, replaced D-pillar panels after discovering the walls cried water after carwash, traced this to mud/dirt build up in cavity where rear decklid shocks live. sealed polystyrene panels under this area to prevent future leaks. Changed front and rear pads/rotors with OEM rotors, Bosch pads and sensors. Installed auto on headlight switch and used VCDS to longcode the feature into place. Installed auto-dimming mirror, but did a hackjob (need to go back and re-do it now that I'm better understanding of where the wires should go.) Replaced PDC sensor along with clearbra and paintwork to the front airdam. Locals did hack job on clear bra which has already separated at three points from just driving the vehicle, too bad, so sad is their motto. Ironically my laughable (as in I trimmed off the extra bits) job applying a clear bra to the headlamps has stood the test of time better. Stereo voltage regulator failure, so sent the deck off to Becker (not a fun experience) and asked for Bluetooth connectivity. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Rebuilt the stock reverse camera as I got lucky; wires had rotted at the point where they enter the camera's waterproof casing, removed bad section, used a Heat gun to clear the threadseries/protective joint between wires and the body of the camera, removed section of wires with breaks in them then re-shrink wrapped the area. Repacked the wormgear/motor shaft on the base of the camera. Replaced the mirrors with units that have an auto dimming function, but owing to wiring harness in door panels without the two wire connection linking them to interior mirror, I'm only half way there. Changed all bulbs in the interior to LED, under watt condition leads to fun flickering in the footwells. Changed front panoramic roof panel, needs realigning as currently she leaks, but it's better than a big torque related crack running the length of the panel. After the Cayenne developed an oil consumption habit and given oil smoke in exhaust went to change the AOS membrane....and discovered all the crankcase breather lines are brittle to the point that looking at them funny makes them crack, so midway through that process to correct a serious 'lean' CEL problem. Ahead on my journey I first have to replace the components in the power assist rear decklid that are faulty (everything but the latching mechanism, it's not fuse 31 :-( ) I plan on changing all four drainage lines from the moonroof (the whole shooting match, like license plate lights they are apparently rare and came from Germany) I think at some point a coil/spark plug/gaskets around the assemblies is in order along with pulling the intake manifold to get at the vacuum pump behind it and the vacuum line there which is probably -actually- the cause of my P0445 issue. Also pressing, replace the transformers in the dash LCD display, and if I really want to be adventurous/make trouble, I have the components ready for the KESSY module. Kinda like to replace the instrument cluster backface as well, but that's actually pretty expensive, so...It'd be nice to have a GTS styled steel color. Way way WAAAYY out there; replace seating with GTS seats, replace aluminum trim with wood. But I didn't do any of that on my Cayenne today :-)
user 8298308 (03-01-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 10:10 PM
user 8298308
Banned

Received 688 Likes on 400 Posts

Holy cow. I love a good Ship of Theseus project!
Old 03-03-2021, 05:49 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 122 Posts

Installed LED license plate bulbs, 41mm Festoon. Last weekend I installed 18" wheels will all-season Primacys from a 2012 Cayenne. TPMS synched up and works fine. Also flushed the brake fluid.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:24 PM
jeff spahn
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 224 Posts

Paid Prestige Porsche in Denver (Lakewood) $2057 to replace two front wheel bearings and align the car. Normally, wouldn't pay a dealer to do this. Was on a trip and this dealer was first rate. Front wheel bearing failed and I wasn't sure I was even going to make it to dealer, never mind Vail. Got me right in during the week I was in Vail, provided a brand new Macan as a loaner car. Had my car fixed, washed and gassed up (I paid for gas but they were nice enough to get it on a test drive). Sometimes the dealer is what you need and paying the premium is worth it. Thanks Prestige!
BrianC72gt (05-04-2021)
Old 03-04-2021, 08:04 AM
Libast
Three Wheelin'

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

Discovered the pipe that connects *under* the AOS to the crank case is hemorrhaging oil.

Then discovered the AOS bolt is stripped.

Old 03-04-2021, 09:18 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,619 Likes on 4,207 Posts

Pulled it out of the garage for the first time since August for my wife to take my Mom to pickup her sister at the airport. Air tank for the suspension was empty, which triggered a regulation switched off error, PCM told me to select tire type I was running, etc. It stays on a Tender so the battery was fine. A quick spin around the neighborhood had everything back to normal for an uneventful pickup. When she got hack I had to run to the store to get a 32mm impact axle nut socket so took the Cayenne since it was out. Nice when they're pre-watmed-up for you. PSM deactivated and off I went. Love this thing. Lookig forward to some family trips and vacations in it in the next few months. Will need it's next oil change at the end of the month.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To (or With) Your Cayenne Today ?