Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Did You Do To (or With) Your Cayenne Today ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Thanks9527
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a set of NAVTV backup camera module on rennlist for my 09 GTS
So hard to find one for sale since PCM3.1 are more common than PCM3.0

Now I have backup camera on my Pig. No need to worry not being able to see kids running behind the car while backing up.
Old 03-08-2021, 01:39 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Emissions testing.....

OMG the lines were so so long, but still got through in 30 mins or so. I tried the self-service kiosk yesterday but they had 10 cars in line so that would of probably take forever.

Passed and good for a couple of years. In prep I had to get rid of some codes.
P0455 - changed a couple gaskets on the vacuum pump, cost $25
P2181 - changed thermostat, cost $125+
P0431 - ran Cataclean, cost $26

Next up on the DIY list is to clean the intake valves, change rear brakes and rotors, and maybe install droplinks.
Old 03-18-2021, 12:04 PM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 102 Posts

Updates; top end (read; easy part) of Crankcase breathing system swapped. Turns out y-pipe in crankcase assembly had a broken connector at the firewall linking unit with vacuum system. Changed both AOS diaphragm housing and its counterpart on the other side of the engine (because, like, it has to be even and all) also the section of crankcase hose that bolts into the intake plenum upstream of the MAF. Car still isn't smooth, I imagine the plugs and coils are going to look very very lovely when I remove them (kit ordered.) Cheapo Boreoscope means I can carefully stupidly stick the camera down into each cylinder and see if anything strikes me as 'that's not good.' Wood trim looks nice, 'root wood' is a weird name for it and links to creepy old man turning into tree statues on eBay. Rear GTS seats .get, but lacking method 'public static void String heatingElements, so prior to .put, I'm going to have fun first redying (the finish is toast, the leather is not) then stripping the hides. Alcantara strip feels like sandpaper on one cushion (no fun!) There is a five position heating system online with thermostatic controls in the elements that terminates in simple two leads out, so I'll probably put reinforcing stitches in corners/spray adhesive to the back of the hides before re-seating them... oh who am I kidding I'll probably just glue my hands and face to the hide, but I'll take pictures! Salvage yard sliced middle seat belt rather than unbolt it, a replacement unit is 236 dollars. They won't go back in without a replacement, second hand market is non existent. I mean, I -could- salvage it from my existing seats, but I'd like to sell those proudly in-tact if I can. Puncture on inner sidewall of tire means new DWS06+s, hurray! Changed stock Osram xenons with US rebadged daybreakers, did the same with halogen high beams. Found what I believe to be an example of the correct wiring harness incorporating the parcel shelf lighting and auto-dimming connection for the Lights Comfort package for the driver's door. Test theory before going crazy. 'Light Bars' coming from Germany. The good ship SS Thesaurus sails on until the engine mounts give out :-D
Old 03-27-2021, 09:13 PM
hcrubg
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight connectors

replaced headlight connectors
lot easier than I thought
got aftermarket units
had to fiddle with connection, but, all worked out

Old 03-30-2021, 12:07 PM
phL
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default starter

changed the starter - left the coolant pipes in. there is exactly one move to get it in and out.

however, had to replace the small coolant hoses, all barbed fittings and end connectors were brittle and shot.

same for the injector o-rings ...

New starter and new hose

old shot hose, broke from looking at it

shot connector, had to drill the rest out of the flange in the cylinder head

how did i get it out? yes, it ultimately worked, without lube and without a hammer

now the fuel pump does not run when i open the door, hence no fuel pressure and rough running...

Last edited by phL; 03-30-2021 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-30-2021, 01:27 PM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

gave my Cayenne the start of the 'guy really needs a wife/partner' exterior clean. I didn't take the clear coat off, honest! ....the pads were black however midway through, I guess no one figured it was worth it. After my cutting layer, two coats of Pinnacle wax. I'll need to hit it with the fine Menzerna diminishing compound sometime, then start layering on the Pinnacle. Old tech, I know, but it did all right for me in the past, and weird imperfections that looked like -spray paint- went away.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:46 AM
phL
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

suspected fuel pump issue was - after checking fuses, relays and a durametric read - a forgotten vacuum hose. the one that sits behind the intake and goes up vertically .

runs fine now, took it for a spin with the kid.

no more 3-4 cranks, fires up right away
Old 03-31-2021, 01:41 PM
zagamuffin
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Wife called yesterday to. Say she had gotten a low oil pressure warning on the 957,serviced last week so thought oil spec was wrong.I put the right stuff in all right so pulled the pressure switch to check wiring.I also changed cam sensors x 2 and crank sensor as I had them on the shelf.oil p switch elec connection was full of oil so suspect it’s failed .wiring checked out ok with a short to earth.new one arrives to moron so fingers crossed.
Old 03-31-2021, 03:31 PM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

As part of the GTS interior.append function, I couldn't find a driver's side seat top in black. Could find them in every other color and condition though. Before photo contains advertisement for seller, I have no affiliation nor do I sponsor them in any way. So, yeah, I figured how hard could it be? Well, Lint shavers are a thing (if your Alcantara pills up on you, felt and fuzz, electric sweater shaver is the term you look up.) Add leatherique, and finally a recommended spray dye for fabrics off an Audi forum for the Alcantara. Before and after below;

At least I don't have to add heating elements as they're already in and wired. Yeah...finish is a bit tired.

I plan on using Leatherique's care products once everything is done to remove the shine. probably also give the alcantara another coat.
Old 03-31-2021, 09:04 PM
Libast
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts

I hit an armadillo last week on a West Texas run, so looking at a front right jackpoint cap and the 3d printed fender flare that I had printed (and replaced)

I swerved significantly, but that just let him hit the side skirts instead of the wheel.
Old 03-31-2021, 11:17 PM
gosser
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Removed the cylinder head:
Old 04-05-2021, 05:41 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 212 Posts

Changed my AOS. I had no issues but saw folks were changing due to mileage and tears with the membrane. I used two picks to get the cap off, a couple tabs r cracked but non broke off.

inside of cap....

is this how it's supposed to look?

side by side of old and new bottom view.

side by side of old and new top view.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:50 PM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Installed GTS upper on the Front passenger's seat, so the two front seats are a wonderful horrible match. Decided I would finally deal with the rear deck-lid not functioning. Pulled polystyrene covers I had helpfully RTV'd out, inspected wiring and re-wrapped it. Replaced the three mechanical pistons. Going to have to re-RTV the panels, sadly. System's fine, relocating the fuse was my stupidity, but the rear decklid -really- works nicely...except the rear glass, the electric latch release no longer functional. Hurray. Quart of oil in 800 miles. Replacement motor and many parts due Friday at the mechanic's. Dread.
Old 05-01-2021, 02:54 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,270 Likes on 3,994 Posts

Nothing too exciting.

5,000 mile Oil & Filter change (45,000 total) with a sample headed to Blackstone and a brake fluid renewal and bleed before the summer family vacation season starts.

The following users liked this post:
ekstroemtj (05-01-2021)
Old 05-01-2021, 08:38 PM
ekstroemtj
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Nothing too exciting.

5,000 mile Oil & Filter change (45,000 total) with a sample headed to Blackstone and a brake fluid renewal and bleed before the summer family vacation season starts.

nice Garage!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To (or With) Your Cayenne Today ?