Old 12-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 339 Likes on 225 Posts
Default Ultimate Motorwerks is pleased to announce 997TT Tuning

Ultimate Motorwerks is now offering tuning for the 997TT.

I personally have waited and watched for sucessful tuning solutions for this car platform.

This includes a programming solution for cars with a tiptronic. Ultimate Motorwerks solution addresses remapping the tiptronic ECU at the same time the engine ECU is programmed.

A few side notes:

While it is not mandatory to install a exhaust system, it is benificial. A person that installs a exhaust will get more power with his tuning due to the reduced backpressure/heat that is built up in the turbine housing. The exhaust gas temps are lowered with less backpressure. The ECU will allow sustained boost longer providing more torque. Additionally with less backpressure the turbine wheels will spool up quicker, the result is boost being produced sooner in the lower RPM range. The immediate benefit is more torque/sooner.

Pricing for the 997TT flash is $2,295 for the manual transmition car.

Pricing for the Tip is $2,595.00 This is due to the fact that the Tip ECU is also getting reprogrammed.

Power outputs will vary based off of your octane available and if you have a stock exhaust or aftermarket.

Feel free to email or Call me...

Last edited by Kevin; 12-13-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:31 PM
MichaelL
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not a turbo owner, but follow this forum. Who cares about $300 if they intend to modify a $135,000+ car? Who in their right mind would spend anything for parts from a supplier that can't post something that is coherent? Technically unconvincing and grammatically confused writing. Absolutely no proof of enhanced performance. Provide some real substantiation of results. This post announces nothing.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:03 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Little harsh ML, don't you think.
Kevin has been around the 993/996tt world for awhile now, and provides good technical info. But, I do cede your point that the thread could have been a bit more polished before hitting prime time.
c
Old 12-13-2008, 01:07 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 339 Likes on 225 Posts

Michael, Thanks
Old 12-13-2008, 04:51 PM
MichaelL
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My intention is not to be harsh. Any post or email whatsoever, should be well organized, grammatically correct and factually authoritative. Any electronic communication is the same as a formal and legally binding business letter. If you can't get sixth grade level writing correct, how reliable are your facts? We are talking about spending thousands of dollars on six figure cars here.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:54 PM
bbywu
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MichaelL
My intention is not to be harsh. Any post or email whatsoever, should be well organized, grammatically correct and factually authoritative. Any electronic communication is the same as a formal and legally binding business letter. If you can't get sixth grade level writing correct, how reliable are your facts? We are talking about spending thousands of dollars on six figure cars here.
A comma is used to separate independent clauses or after introductory clauses and phrases. It can also be used to set off phrases or clauses that not essential to the meaning of a sentence.

Your post is not grammatically correct.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:32 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

I for one would like to see what Kevin can do for the 997TT.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:52 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 607 Posts

some of the smartest technical folks I know suck at writing
Old 12-14-2008, 02:28 AM
prche951
Intermediate

I am not a turbo owner, but follow this forum. Who cares about $300 if they intend to modify a $135,000+ car? Who in their right mind would spend anything for parts from a supplier that can't post something that is coherent? Technically unconvincing and grammatically confused writing. Absolutely no proof of enhanced performance. Provide some real substantiation of results. This post announces nothing.
what an azz Do you have any friends?

oh and this too
Old 12-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eclou
some of the smartest technical folks I know suck at writing
Right, he was probably a EE not an English major...

I am curious to hear what type of gains are made, both with and without an exhaust. One thing I've been considering when deciding between an '09 Turbo and a DFI Turbo is whether the gains w/DFI in HP/TQ can be offset by a reliable flash/exhaust on the GT1 block. Most of the flashes I've seen are about 50hp/80lb-ft gains...
Old 12-15-2008, 02:47 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

because of people like you, many knowledgeable individuals do not post here. thanks a bunch we really appreciate your $0.02 worth...
Old 12-16-2008, 05:38 PM
deepblue
Rennlist Member

Dude,

FIRST, get a turbo, do a few upgrades then you MIGHT have a leg stand on, otherwise you're a bystander at best.

Seriously, WTF?

Old 12-16-2008, 08:00 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

regardless of what this idiot says kevin will sell plenty of kits and get plenty of testimonials from happy customers. I know because i am one. What i like about kevin is he only uses word of motuh advertising. you never see an ad of his in the magazines and his website hasn't been updated in years, but his products and attention to detail are unparalleled. Hi tuning will speak for itself. When i recieved my turbos i wanted to display them as opposed to install them in the car.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:17 AM
prche951
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sfbanchs
regardless of what this idiot says kevin will sell plenty of kits and get plenty of testimonials from happy customers. I know because i am one. What i like about kevin is he only uses word of motuh advertising. you never see an ad of his in the magazines and his website hasn't been updated in years, but his products and attention to detail are unparalleled. Hi tuning will speak for itself. When i recieved my turbos i wanted to display them as opposed to install them in the car.
idiot being the key word here. No excuse for that behavior.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Guys. Seriously?

Can we move on? Geeezummmm.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Motorwerks is pleased to announce 997TT Tuning