Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Nose lift, CPO, PCNA

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2023, 05:38 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Received 861 Likes on 408 Posts

Ok, I received my switch today from Porsche. This is the smaller thread switch with part # 997-341-964-90 calibrated for 13 Bar.
I can confirm the following: The thread size is 1/8 BSPP. It is NOT a 1/8 NPT thread as it has no taper.
The part # stamped on the switch is just 405903 which does not match anything in the suco catalog, although it shares the 5903 sequence of numbers from the larger 1/4 BSPP switch, which is Suco part # 140459032009.
My factory switch has the same 405903 part # stamped on it as the replacement I just received, so it doesn't look like there was a part # change, unless I received 13 year old stock (which I guess is possible).

Here is the new box and switch.

The "13" stamped above the part # refers to the calibration to 13 Bar pressure

Here is switch screwed into a 1/8 BSPP female adapter.

And lastly, here is another thread diameter measurement of the major thread size. My reading is within the margin of tolerance for 1/8 BSPP thread.

Happy to answer any other questions or take additional measurements if needed.
Old 05-10-2023, 07:57 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 315 Posts

The new switch we received has the complete part number engraved on it-you may indeed have an old stock that was sitting on a shelf.
What I suggest, is to contact Eric at Suco in Fl by email, and ask to order the switch you have, and explain it's hard to obtain the factory part number-and if it's ok to ship the old switch either there or to the factory in Germany to make sure. Or maybe include your picture witch the description of the thread and see if that's enough to identify it. Since it's somewhat a sensitive situation disclosing that it's used in P-cars(in my opinion), that the route I would take. My initial contact was with Mr. Weiss in Germany, head of International sales.
I'm looking at the site now, and there are other contacts:

Head of Pressure Monitoring, Mr. Guido Hering hering@suco.de
Technical hotline: tbs@suco.de

An email to both both of them would be a good idea, explaining the group already bought a batch of the other ones, delivered to the Boca Raton FL US distributor. They may authorize shipping direct to the factory, or maybe easily identify it with the pictures and provide the part number.

To me, that's the best route to take- as I posted, I had some initial friction with the manager in Boca Raton-part of it was that all suco emails went to my spam folder, and I didn't see the first answer until I looked in my spam folder.
Once I picked up the switches and said thanks, I said there might be another order-he said ok, but that they don't sell to the public.
So in my opinion, emailing the manager would be best with the correct part number, and contacting the emails above to confirm which one it is might be best.
Aside from this, there are 2 other switches-the 1 or 1.5 Bar one next to the 13 Bar one that malfunctions, and the other one which I believe is the18 Bar relief switch, so in the future more orders might be needed.
Also, it hasn't been determined yet who else needs the small thread 13 Bar switch- aside from me, there were 9 buyers, some bought an extra switch and one bought 3 switches. So there might be others needing the small version, only determined once they remove their old one-

JB
Old 05-10-2023, 08:03 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Also, please post on your new switch and how it functions. Last night I did yet one more test, my LIFT light comes on in an almost instant 5 seconds 👍
JB
Old 05-10-2023, 09:59 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

The box my switch came in has a date of October 2021 so on second thought I guess it’s not old stock. I’ll contact Suco and see if they can help.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:58 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 289 Posts

try and get under the car this weekend... see if suco switch fits my 2010.
Old 05-11-2023, 12:24 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Just popped in the new ‘964’ switch. The lift light on the dash definitely appears faster now. My old switch was working fine but it would be 1-3 seconds after the lift was raised before the lift light would come on. Now it’s instant as it reaches the top. I’ll keep the old switch as a spare since it’s still functioning.
The following users liked this post:
JB911 (05-11-2023)
Old 05-11-2023, 12:34 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ROK993
I am in as well if there's another group buy!
@ROK993 i cant reply to your DM because your inbox is full. Clear out some messages. The switch is yours If you still want it.
Old 05-12-2023, 04:45 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

I spoke with Suco. They no longer make the 1/8 BSPP size. This explains why both the ‘964’ and ‘967’ Porsche part # switches have 405903 stamped on them even though they have different thread size. Suco changed from 1/8 to 1/4 BSPP on this part number. Guys with 1/8 thread lifts have two options. Pay the Porsche tax and get the switch from a dealer while they are still available or use the new version with larger thread and a 1/4 to 1/8 reducing adapter. It will cause switch to sit about 1/2 inch from the valve body but there is enough slack in the wiring to make it work.
Old 05-12-2023, 08:52 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Good to know there's an option with an adapter, re-threading the hole would probably be a dangerous task unless done by a very competent shop-
JB
Old 08-22-2023, 03:10 PM
lawrence1
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 204 Posts

can someone let me know how to go about getting one of these switches? car is a 2011 (November 2010 production), and unsure if the FAL unit is original or not.

Currently, FAL works but it has the same issue detailed here where occasionally "Lift" doesn't show in the cluster (sometimes it takes a while, sometimes it doesn't come on at all), thus it won't lower until 40mph or so. Would be nice to get this fixed.

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2023, 03:17 PM
MJFDDS
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I replaced my switch about a month ago from the group buy. All worked well and now I'm back to the same symptoms. Will occasionally work, but more often don't get the LIFT to appear in dash. Seems to be when it's hot it doesn't function as it should.

Originally Posted by lawrence1
can someone let me know how to go about getting one of these switches? car is a 2011 (November 2010 production), and unsure if the FAL unit is original or not.

Currently, FAL works but it has the same issue detailed here where occasionally "Lift" doesn't show in the cluster (sometimes it takes a while, sometimes it doesn't come on at all), thus it won't lower until 40mph or so. Would be nice to get this fixed.

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2023, 03:37 PM
cdixon
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by MJFDDS
I replaced my switch about a month ago from the group buy. All worked well and now I'm back to the same symptoms. Will occasionally work, but more often don't get the LIFT to appear in dash. Seems to be when it's hot it doesn't function as it should.
Maybe try sticking some sort of heat sink over the switch? I discussed it earlier in this thread with JB.
Old 08-22-2023, 03:44 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Try disconnecting the lines at the struts. Careful with the copper washers on the banjo bolts. With the front wheels up, run the lift to flush the lines just in case. You can hear the air if pump is working fine-I suspect heat and humidity is a problem, I don't use mine in the hot humid summer here-
Also, when you installed the new switch, did you use the aluminum washer and torque it down correctly? I tightened by hand, don't think there are torque specs. But of course there is a danger in over tightening, the block is aluminum.

Someone could organize another group buy from Suco in FL by contacting Eric. As I recall the minimum quantity was 5 of them.
But as mentioned I was told they don't like to sell to the general public and made an exception for me after I spoke to Mr. Weiss in Germany.
Other people might have made an order since this is a public forum, and I really hope the bridge wasn't burned. It appears Suco in FL is geared for industrial high volume sales only. This is not a parts store with a retail front and they made this explicit the first time I contacted them a long time ago.
So I would send them a polite professional email asking if it's still possible to order some-

Best,
JB
Old 08-22-2023, 03:48 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cdixon
Maybe try sticking some sort of heat sink over the switch? I discussed it earlier in this thread with JB.
Mine has been working flawlessly, "Lift" light comes on in less than 5 seconds. But since summer swamp weather arrived I purposely haven't used mine, will wait a few months 😂
Old 08-22-2023, 03:53 PM
cdixon
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JB911
Mine has been working flawlessly, "Lift" light comes on in less than 5 seconds. But since summer swamp weather arrived I purposely haven't used mine, will wait a few months 😂
Im starting to come to the conclusion that this fault is environment related, as living here in cold and wet UK, I’ve never experienced this issue. Touch wood!

Quick Reply: Nose lift, CPO, PCNA