Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 02:34 AM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts

You listed at 120k I believe? Market spoke and I know your hands aren’t tied with this gt3, but that’s some wishful thinking on their part. I’m sure you turned down offers of $115.

If it didn’t sell by the original owner, $10k more for a non-cpo car only to go through dealership? Pulllleeeezzzeeee

I have an epiphany: A lot of these dealers are trying to apply USED ADM on these 997’s.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:09 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 667 Posts

This was the original list of mods that were removed & car put back to stock correct? VIN:WP0AC2A90AS783153 ??

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-show-car.html

EXPEL Ultimate Clear Bra on Front Bumper, Hood, Fenders, and Rear Quarters done at GMG Racing
GMG Center Section Exhaust
GMG Sport Headers
BMC Filter
GMG Competition Alignment and Ride Height Adjustment
DSC PASM Control Unit
BBS Monoblock Wheels (1 of 5 sets ever made for the 997.2 GT3)
Clear Side Markers
Porsche Motorsport of Cup Car Shifter Cables (you cannot buy anymore)
GT3 RS Steering Wheel with 12 o'clock marker
Porsche Factory Passenger Seat Belt Deactivation and LATCH system (so you can install a child seat) (installed and warrantied by South Bay Porsche)
All mods done by GMG Racing (receipts included)
All routine service done by South Bay Porsche
This is a rare example of a 997.2 GT3, in mint condition. All original paint verified by paint meter. Price $136K (then dropped to $120k)

always loved the paint-to-match seat backs
Old 10-03-2019, 11:20 AM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 470 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by DYSL
Can't speak for the miles, but it's a 9.5/10 as far as condition. It looks brand new.
The spec on your car is amazing, and I always always tell people that condition is everything. Far more important than miles.

That being said....when excellent examples of 10-15k mile cars sell for <$120k, and a 5k mile car is listed at $123k, miles are not irrelevant. The market just is not there. I'm assuming you have it on consignment, if so I'd adjust your expectations. If not, congrats on moving it to the dealer.

Old 10-03-2019, 11:27 AM
pnorell
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by switchcars
The spec on your car is amazing, and I always always tell people that condition is everything. Far more important than miles.

That being said....when excellent examples of 10-15k mile cars sell for <$120k, and a 5k mile car is listed at $123k, miles are not irrelevant. The market just is not there. I'm assuming you have it on consignment, if so I'd adjust your expectations. If not, congrats on moving it to the dealer.
I totally agree - the market is dictating lowering expectations - and this comes from someone who has a really well-optioned and conditioned 7.2 RS sitting on the market. Expectations were close to $200k 8 months ago and now that is off 20%.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:28 PM
DYSL
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by switchcars

Yes, it on consignment and it has been put back to stock. The car still has the PMNA Unobtanium Cup cables installed.

2 local Porsche dealers priced it at the asking, and I decided to park it with Porsche South Bay, as I have a wonderful relationship with them.

In general we all bark at the "Asking price", including myself. But that's all futile until you PUT an offer down and get down to brass tacks.

They have a strike price on the car, but who has the means to go after it??

Last edited by DYSL; 10-03-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:43 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Originally Posted by DYSL
Yes, it on consignment and it has been put back to stock. The car still has the PMNA Unobtanium Cup cables installed.

2 local Porsche dealers priced it at the asking, and I decided to park it with Porsche South Bay, as I have a wonderful relationship with them.

In general we all bark at the "Asking price", including myself. But that's all futile until you PUT an offer down and get down to brass tacks.

They have a strike price on the car, but who has the means to go after it??

Who would make an offer on a ridiculous ASK? Your dealer is looking for a chump.

Let me out put it to you like this: There are countless 16’rs in the $150-155 ASKING range with less than 8kmi and the prices are falling by the month. That’s a 16rs. An RS. 30k more buys you a 2016rs. By your premise, the BUY might be slightly lower than the ASK. Soooo, who would want a 3.8gt3 that hasn’t shopped an actual 997.1RS of nearly equivalent value (it’s an RS. Let me repeat, an RS)? For 15k more, a 997.2rs can be had.

No no one ever buys a 3.8 GT3 unless 1), than cannot afford the same MY RS, 2) they wanted the “Performance” factor over the limited production 997.1rs. I know as I have many friends. For 30k more, you could have your joy riding 16’rs because you probably weren’t going to upgrade for DE purposes anyway. And....here’s the kicker....someone who buys a 3.8 gt3 isn’t concerned about residual value because they would have bought the 997.1rs.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:45 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,504 Likes on 806 Posts

Seems like an amazing deal on a white 997.2 GT3 with lower mileage, am I missing something?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=253786924

I'm in the market but hoping for a west coast car.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:54 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

^^^Realistic pricing honestly. Those snowstorms are just around the corner.....

Shipping is only $2500 with a good carrier.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:58 PM
QueueCumber
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

Wow, really going to miss driving the the 997.2 RS during the winter...
Old 10-03-2019, 02:10 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,504 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit
^^^Realistic pricing honestly. Those snowstorms are just around the corner.....

Shipping is only $2500 with a good carrier.
Yeah seems like if you want to sell your 997.2 GT3, it needs to be around 90-100k?

It isn't about shipping for me, its more about I want to look at the car in person before purchasing it but don't want to have to buy round trip flights just to go look at it. Ideally I'd like a one way ticket to a west coast city and then drive it back to Los Angeles.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:14 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 470 Likes on 191 Posts

Who would make an offer on a ridiculous ASK? .
Let me put it a better way. Many consumers are not going to make an offer on a car that's priced too high because they assume that either the seller is unrealistic and not negotiable, or that they will insult the owner with their offer. Realistic asking prices sell cars as much as offers buy cars. I've learned this the hard way on the selling end of things, and try to educate my clients to this end as well. Shooting for the moon usually backfires in the end, as you end up missing the earth in the process.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:19 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 667 Posts

.... No no one ever buys a 3.8 GT3 unless 1), than cannot afford the same MY RS, 2) they wanted the “Performance” factor over the limited production 997.1rs. I know as I have many friends. For 30k more, you could have your joy riding 16’rs because you probably weren’t going to upgrade for DE purposes anyway...
much of that doesn't make any sense to me, nor does it apply to my decision (and many other street DRIVERS who actually expect depreciation because we're enjoying the cars for many years). I'm glad you have "many friends", but your circle is not the entire populous.

Is that car over-priced for todays market (w/ those miles)? yes it is (IMO). But IF it is the spec you've been looking for, WHY NOT make a "ridiculous" offer. I would. I did!! and they accepted. I got the 3.8 /3 that matched perfectly the spec i was looking for (over 1.5 yrs!!). So yea, there are buyers out there, and its just a matter of waiting till the right one steps up. Timing is everything.

... just sayin',... not sure why you're trying to beat him up just because its now priced higher than market.

having said all that,.. it's also my opinion that the market is going to get even worse over the next year+. so if it were me trying to sell, I'd price it aggressively and move it FAST,... verses pricing it high and trying to wait it out. Never know, someone may think that cars spec is "close" to what they want, and would be willing to forgive other options they "may have wanted".
Old 10-03-2019, 02:34 PM
DYSL
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
much of that doesn't make any sense to me, nor does it apply to my decision (and many other street DRIVERS who actually expect depreciation because we're enjoying the cars for many years). I'm glad you have "many friends", but your circle is not the entire populous.

Is that car over-priced for todays market (w/ those miles)? yes it is (IMO). But IF it is the spec you've been looking for, WHY NOT make a "ridiculous" offer. I would. I did!! and they accepted. I got the 3.8 /3 that matched perfectly the spec i was looking for (over 1.5 yrs!!). So yea, there are buyers out there, and its just a matter of waiting till the right one steps up. Timing is everything.

... just sayin',... not sure why you're trying to beat him up just because its now priced higher than market.

having said all that,.. it's also my opinion that the market is going to get even worse over the next year+. so if it were me trying to sell, I'd price it aggressively and move it FAST,... verses pricing it high and trying to wait it out. Never know, someone may think that cars spec is "close" to what they want, and would be willing to forgive other options they "may have wanted".

Well stated....

Here's the beauty about living in a Capitalist Society. We are free in the US to price things in the value that we feel so inclined. If you as a consumer don't feel paying the amount....then simply move on...

As I tell my children. Don't worry about what the other person is doing...just focus on what you're doing.

So in summary to all the keyboard commandos....if you don't like it, whatever reason, don't buy it. Price is subjective to the individual.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:50 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

^^ I’ll add. If you don’t like an opine in a “for sale” forum, don’t post your ad. Keyboard Commandos you know not. I’d reckon if you were in the Bay Area and we had a beer, you’d change your tune real quick.

We’re all enthusiasts here. Some more than others. Our backgrounds may vary, but don’t disrespect someone because they disagree with you.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:08 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Originally Posted by bweSteve

Come on Steve. I never state the populous as a whole. What I did state was my friends and the factors used in determining their purchase. Soon to be mine as well I’ll add. If I’m wrong about why YOU purchased, state why you did? You’re not hurting my feelings and I’ve been proven wrong before. Look at it like your edifying the communities’ perspective on why purchases were/are made of fine cars.

Also, you as an poster having to come to the sellers side over factual ASKING data is odd. Consider the merit of this thread? I’d suggest you probably need to step back and evaluate what is the thread’s premise. It’s fair game, and you cannot assume tonality with text. Just a friendly FYI

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...