Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old Today | 12:36 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bdonahue54
you were wrong.
Can you be a little more vague? Stated a few facts, then asked a question, of which only the answer to the question can be wrong. Paint meter readings are posted so that's just a reiteration. Then asked a question on if they knew why the muffler bracket bolts were replaced. I'm not part of the BAT cheerleaders but rather in the camp of "Transparency is key when someone is shelling out this kind of cash".

Originally Posted by pputkowski
You made that comment during the final bidding (3 minutes left) on a 7-day auction. Total dick move.
A seller might think that if they had something to hide. However, I would think a bidder would welcome any comments that might bring to light any hidden information that is not being disclosed about the car. Heck most of the opening comments pertained to the importation process of which, if anyone is bidding on a Canadian car they should already have that information sorted.

Also there is a more diplomatic way in telling a fellow member that you didn't approve of his/her comment, on another platform, than the language used.

Last edited by RAudi Driver; Today at 02:03 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RAudi Driver:
FrankG458 (Today), heymikey (Today)
Old Today | 01:21 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

BAT only works because of the self policing community, otherwise it would become more of a cesspool of fraud than it already is. Where was Raudi when I bought my GT3RS on BAT... I hope he wasn't keeping to himself in a corner knowing I was about to drop $20k in undisclosed items.
The following users liked this post:
JpCrp (Today)
Old Today | 01:35 PM
RyanH.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HpIzKing
https://www.grandprimotors.com/used/...c2986359dd.htm

Another Speed yellow .1 GT3. PCCB. this one has 22,6xx miles and is priced at $175K. I have not run the vin but the carfax is good

WP0AC29987S792549
https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AC29987S792549/

and this: https://www.kellymotorcars.com/Listi...e-911-GT3.aspx YOU MUST HAVE A STRONG CONSTITUTION TO OPEN THIS LINK---price was just $105K at that time--made me a bit queasy lol UGGGG
I was thinking about making an offer on this one since I love SY and it would be a good continuation of my 996 GT3 that I'll be replacing; otherwise, I'd get a black one and eventually strip it down to repaint Miami Blue. Still trying to mentally adjust to the price of these at the moment while it seems all other markets have softened meaningfully (996 and 991 sides). With that being said, I want a car to make mine (read: lightly modify...e.g. 3.89 R&P, interior improvements etc...) and enjoy for many years to come, not an investment. The .1 RS's seem like they are all now in investment category and they don't really offer much different of a driving experience other than being able to say you own the top of the food chain at the time, the RS.

Anyone know anything about this one? I couldn't pull up any info its past based on VIN. Grand Prix seems to have good Google reviews, are they are pretty reputable dealer? They've been pretty responsive to my questions thus far.
Old Today | 02:02 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wonderdan
BAT only works because of the self policing community, otherwise it would become more of a cesspool of fraud than it already is. Where was Raudi when I bought my GT3RS on BAT... I hope he wasn't keeping to himself in a corner knowing I was about to drop $20k in undisclosed items.
I wish I could see inside the engine and transmission of a car and honestly the only time I venture over to BAT is when there is link and the latest link was the black .2 where Rapid posted, "Auction Ends Today". So getting called out for posting late about something I'm curious about, well, it's people speaking without knowing the entire story.
Old Today | 02:28 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RyanH.
I was thinking about making an offer on this one since I love SY and it would be a good continuation of my 996 GT3 that I'll be replacing; otherwise, I'd get a black one and eventually strip it down to repaint Miami Blue. Still trying to mentally adjust to the price of these at the moment while it seems all other markets have softened meaningfully (996 and 991 sides). With that being said, I want a car to make mine (read: lightly modify...e.g. 3.89 R&P, interior improvements etc...) and enjoy for many years to come, not an investment. The .1 RS's seem like they are all now in investment category and they don't really offer much different of a driving experience other than being able to say you own the top of the food chain at the time, the RS.

Anyone know anything about this one? I couldn't pull up any info its past based on VIN. Grand Prix seems to have good Google reviews, are they are pretty reputable dealer? They've been pretty responsive to my questions thus far.
Looks like a roll bar was installed and then removed. Also could just be the exposure but it sure looks like those rotors have seen better days, in fact better days just 3,351 miles ago.

One other thing, those screw tabs at the front, wheel area, of the front fenders are not a normal thing.

ROTOR CONDITION AT 19,261 Miles. Pictures from KMC

ROTOR CONDITION AT 22,612. Pictures from Gran Prix Motorsports

Last edited by RAudi Driver; Today at 02:29 PM.
Old Today | 02:41 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wonderdan
They do have a fair share of ultra woke/liberal mods. A year ago or so there was a "moke" being auctioned. I made the joke "I might buy this Moke but I'll never go woke".... I was the high bidder. BAT emailed me that I was banned. Ive bought and sold multiple cars on there. Im sure if I made a more liberal friendly joke they probably would of highlighted it and mentioned it in their weekly "recap" email... rolleyes...

Last edited by flsupraguy; Today at 02:47 PM.
Old Today | 03:21 PM
DD GT3 RD
Rennlist Member

that yellow car is insanely cheap. What am I missing besides the weird blacked out parts.
Old Today | 04:17 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
that yellow car is insanely cheap. What am I missing besides the weird blacked out parts.
LOL, what are the weird blacked out parts? I'm only catching the tinted windows. It's super shiny and that yellow pops. Also, is $175,000 now considered cheap for a 997.1? Man I'm falling out of touch with this market.
Old Today | 04:54 PM
RyanH.
Rennlist Member

This is a pretty close comp at 165k from April of this year:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...he-911-gt3-82/

Arguably better since it's a single owner and has original exhaust.

The dark spots on the engine case seem odd to me:

Old Today | 05:08 PM
RyanH.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
LOL, what are the weird blacked out parts? I'm only catching the tinted windows. It's super shiny and that yellow pops. Also, is $175,000 now considered cheap for a 997.1? Man I'm falling out of touch with this market.
He may be referring to the previous listing where there are a lot of weird blacked out parts (and at 105k, is insanely cheap these days but probably not whenever the listing was):

https://www.kellymotorcars.com/Listi...e-911-GT3.aspx

@DD GT3 RD The 105K car is now 175K at Grand Prix, so definitely not cheap, and at best, circa where the BAT market is for a rare color but a big premium over a white or black one.

Last edited by RyanH.; Today at 05:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DD GT3 RD (Today)
Old Today | 05:22 PM
DD GT3 RD
Rennlist Member

He may be referring to the previous listing where there are a lot of weird blacked out parts (and at 105k, is insanely cheap these days but probably not whenever the listing was):

https://www.kellymotorcars.com/Listi...e-911-GT3.aspx

@DD GT3 RD The 105K car is now 175K at Grand Prix, so definitely not cheap, and at best, circa where the BAT market is for a rare color but a big premium over a white or black one.
correct. Didn’t realize that was an old listing. Seemed still up at 105.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...