Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

OFFICIAL DSC SPORT DISCUSSION FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 01:50 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

I recently added the DSC Module & Accelerometer to my car. This weekend I put 700 miles on it running through the Smokies including the Dragon 4X. I have to say that this is the BEST mod I've done to the car. It is so, so, much more compliant vs. stock. The car handled like a completely different vehicle. Whether fast switchbacks, or long high speed sweepers; the car was just balance and compliant regardless of the tarmac condition. What a great product!
The following 4 users liked this post by 007DT:
Big Swole (07-14-2020), jayi836 (07-14-2020), kru911 (07-14-2020), Tom@TPC Racing (07-14-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 01:12 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 213 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by 007DT
I recently added the DSC Module & Accelerometer to my car. This weekend I put 700 miles on it running through the Smokies including the Dragon 4X. I have to say that this is the BEST mod I've done to the car. It is so, so, much more compliant vs. stock. The car handled like a completely different vehicle. Whether fast switchbacks, or long high speed sweepers; the car was just balance and compliant regardless of the tarmac condition. What a great product!
Glad to hear!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 07-17-2020, 09:03 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 969 Likes on 534 Posts

My interview with Taz Man from Racecraft was just released. The interview was fun. One take, Whew!

Here's the full story-
https://www.racecrafthq.com/blog/the...hGzqNo6rpu-2lI

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Old 07-20-2020, 07:35 PM
InTgr8r
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts
Default Tractive DDA with PASM controller

@Tom@TPC Racing
For a car under waranty, I have a dealer that's reasonably mod friendly when it comes to things like CAT back exhausts etc.
But they draw the line when it comes to electronics etc connected.

With Tractive DDA installed, is it possible to temporarily switch out the DSC controller back to the PASM controller for trips to the dealer?
Old 07-20-2020, 08:29 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by InTgr8r
@Tom@TPC Racing
For a car under waranty, I have a dealer that's reasonably mod friendly when it comes to things like CAT back exhausts etc.
But they draw the line when it comes to electronics etc connected.

With Tractive DDA installed, is it possible to temporarily switch out the DSC controller back to the PASM controller for trips to the dealer?
Yes, you can run Tractive DDA coilover with stock PASM controller. You won't get the full damping range and the DSC Sport active control, but its fine for a dealer service visit.
The following users liked this post:
InTgr8r (07-20-2020)
Old 08-18-2020, 01:55 PM
thefunkygibbon
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just took delivery of a unit for my 997.2 and have a few questions if somone could so kind.

I see that there is a 997_5N_20S_G RollSport_NOLNC_02-12-2020.pdts file available on the files part of the dsc website.

Would this be what would be already installed on my unit or should I apply it? (Date is penned on the side of my unit saying it was made a few weeks ago)

it mentions in the settings of the app and also the documentation that there are essentially 3 maps on the unit at any time, normal, sport and track. i'm assuming normal is when the 911 doesnt have the pasm light on, sport is when pasm button pressed and light is on, but how would you go about activating the 3rd map?

Also after downloading my existing maps into the app and looking at the above pdts file, there doesn't seem to be any setting changes which consider the acceleration or steering values. (ie all values are 0%). I thought that these units consider these and the default maps would too? is this not the case and are only considered if you were to make your own custom map? Dmif you have a gen1 you have to order the acceleration sensor thing, it seems odd that it doesnt have any settings out of the box to use that

Thanks

Last edited by thefunkygibbon; 08-18-2020 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:27 PM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by thefunkygibbon
Just took delivery of a unit for my 997.2 and have a few questions if somone could so kind.

I see that there is a 997_5N_20S_G RollSport_NOLNC_02-12-2020.pdts file available on the files part of the dsc website.

Would this be what would be already installed on my unit or should I apply it? (Date is penned on the side of my unit saying it was made a few weeks ago)

it mentions in the settings of the app and also the documentation that there are essentially 3 maps on the unit at any time, normal, sport and track. i'm assuming normal is when the 911 doesnt have the pasm light on, sport is when pasm button pressed and light is on, but how would you go about activating the 3rd map?

Also after downloading my existing maps into the app and looking at the above pdts file, there doesn't seem to be any setting changes which consider the acceleration or steering values. (ie all values are 0%). I thought that these units consider these and the default maps would too? is this not the case and are only considered if you were to make your own custom map? Dmif you have a gen1 you have to order the acceleration sensor thing, it seems odd that it doesnt have any settings out of the box to use that

Thanks
Since you purchased your new DSC recently it should have the new calibration file.

Even though the Steering and Accel functions are there, we have not found the Steering and Accel table to have additional performance value on a 997. We experimented with this 7 years ago and found no additional performance on 997 Carrera S, Turbo, GT3, and Cup.
For example, we typically use Steering table for custom build cars that don't have sway bars.
Another example, we typically use Accel table on cars with very high-torque engines such as supercharged large-displacement V8 engines. Even then, when the DSC Launch Control option came out it had pretty much eliminated the need for the Accel table.

PASM -equipped 997 cars have two suspension modes. You are seeing three modes because you have selected the wrong vehicle type in the DSC software. You should be using 9x7 two-mode.

sales@dscsport.com | (410) 799-7798
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Old 08-18-2020, 06:41 PM
thefunkygibbon
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
Since you purchased your new DSC recently it should have the new calibration file.

Even though the Steering and Accel functions are there, we have not found the Steering and Accel table to have additional performance value on a 997. We experimented with this 7 years ago and found no additional performance on 997 Carrera S, Turbo, GT3, and Cup.
For example, we typically use Steering table for custom build cars that don't have sway bars.
Another example, we typically use Accel table on cars with very high-torque engines such as supercharged large-displacement V8 engines. Even then, when the DSC Launch Control option came out it had pretty much eliminated the need for the Accel table.

PASM -equipped 997 cars have two suspension modes. You are seeing three modes because you have selected the wrong vehicle type in the DSC software. You should be using 9x7 two-mode.
ah brilliant. Thank you. I , for some reason, thought that the 3 mode meant the 997.2 with the accel sensor .. no idea why I thought that.
Old 08-29-2020, 08:14 PM
Kyle Higgins
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 997.1 Accelerometer / DSC Troubleshooting

Hi everyone,

I am hoping for some advice. I have a 997.1 and followed the installation instructions last year, and believed the equipment was working as intended. I worked with the equipment yesterday to connect the DSC tuning software. I drove to test the system utilizing the data logging function to ensure it is working properly just recently.

When driving I noticed all the suspension current out remaining at around 1400 which I believe is the soft settings., and the GLat/GLong remained at 0 the whole time. I was registering throttle and speed, and had connection to the DSC. Based on this I suspect there is an issue with the accelerometer.

The biggest challenge I face is troubleshooting as there is no way to know if the accelerometer is functioning properly, or I have a poor connection. My questions are as follows:

1) is there a way to test / prove the accelerometer is functional and have no defects with the actual unit before redoing connections?
2) based on the info above do you have any recommended trouble shooting solutions to resolve the 0 recording?

If there is a member of the DSC team on this forum, I have sent a similar email to the general mailbox this morning. Looking for any advice from members or The TPC team.

Kyle

Old 10-12-2020, 04:49 PM
ZMC-ZH
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I finally got my DSC box and love my 1st contact with it. Haven’t done much kms yet but I was a bit “disappointed” by the dynamics in the normal mode (confort is great and rattling much reduced).
More specifically, I thought there was still quite a lot of body movements (dive/roll) and decided to look at the map.
I was expecting to see a shock calibration table that didn’t go full hard and thought that would be my 1st adjustment trial but the range actually goes from 1500ma to 500ma which, based on posts I have seen is the full OEM shock range. I will “play” a bit with the brake and g tables instead once I drove a bit more and made a stonger opinion.
My question however Is that the sport map goes from 1200ma to 200ma. Is this intended as OEM shocks are full still at +/-400-500ma?
Doesn’t this mean full stiffness will be reached sooner than expected in the G table?
I have the latest (feb 2020) map installed

Last edited by ZMC-ZH; 10-12-2020 at 04:51 PM.
jayi836 (10-15-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 09:53 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ZMC-ZH
I finally got my DSC box and love my 1st contact with it. Haven’t done much kms yet but I was a bit “disappointed” by the dynamics in the normal mode (confort is great and rattling much reduced).
More specifically, I thought there was still quite a lot of body movements (dive/roll) and decided to look at the map.
I was expecting to see a shock calibration table that didn’t go full hard and thought that would be my 1st adjustment trial but the range actually goes from 1500ma to 500ma which, based on posts I have seen is the full OEM shock range. I will “play” a bit with the brake and g tables instead once I drove a bit more and made a stonger opinion.
My question however Is that the sport map goes from 1200ma to 200ma. Is this intended as OEM shocks are full still at +/-400-500ma?
Doesn’t this mean full stiffness will be reached sooner than expected in the G table?
I have the latest (feb 2020) map installed
Thank you for your feedback. It seems contradicting to me that you love it and disappointed at the same time. Perhaps it just a language difference.
Anyway, the standard DSC shock calibration from Normal mode is 1500mA to 500mA to use the full range of the shocks based on your driving load; the harder you drive, the more g-force is generated, the higher the load becomes, then the stiffer the shock commands become to counter the load in real time.
If you don't want to use the full range of the dampers then you can change the shock calibration via DSC Tuner software. For example, you can change it to 1500mA to 1000mA, or 1500mA to 900mA, etc.
In Sport mode the max value om shock calibration is 200mA to change the shape of the command curve leading to the peak, which works very well to reduce body roll. Again, if you don't prefer this method the software allows you to change it to your personal personal preference.

jayi836 (10-15-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 11:09 AM
ZMC-ZH
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry Tom, the “disappointed” was in bracket for lack of a better (less strong) word. English isn’t my 1st language.

Sport mode, for the little I have driven on it, is pretty much spot on to what I have been expecting after reading this thread and around. I was just surpised to read 200ma for OEM shocks. Your answer makes sense, thanks.

Normal mode does bring a lot more confort but I was expecting more body control when you start “hammering” the car, be it hard braking, cornering etc.
I am lucky enough to live in the Alps so dream roads for many where I can really drive the car are at my doorstep.

Once again, my apologies if my comment seemed harsh, it wasn’t meant to be.
I have been lurking to get the box for a while, reading your posts, here or on your build. I finally pulled the trigger when I decided to address the harmonic issues and got the damper from Dundon with the DSC.
Now my problem is that the car isn’t driven enough and I cannot justify the tractive dampers yet (abt 15k miles). I will work on that while “playing” with the DSC software.

Is a Bluetooth connectivity still planned?
jayi836 (10-15-2020)
Old 10-15-2020, 02:23 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,391 Likes on 641 Posts

Your command of the English language exceeds 98% of the posters on this site.
The Swiss are among the most proficient multi-linguists in the world- rivaled only by the Dutch.
The following 3 users liked this post by Liste-Renn:
AitchUK (10-15-2020), Big Swole (10-15-2020), jayi836 (10-15-2020)
Old 12-08-2020, 12:32 AM
The Mick
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi Tom,

I have a DSC module and the accelerometer in my 997.1 GT3. If I was to remove the DSC module and replace it with a 997 GT3 RS 4.0 module would it work?
Old 12-08-2020, 10:47 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by The Mick
Hi Tom,

I have a DSC module and the accelerometer in my 997.1 GT3. If I was to remove the DSC module and replace it with a 997 GT3 RS 4.0 module would it work?
No, it will not work because the OEM PASM module are uniquely coded to communicate with other electronic systems on the car that the OEM module was intended for. If you plug a 997.2 GT3 PASM module to a 997.1 GT3 car you will immediate get an error message on the dash and the commands will be locked out. I think the OEM people coded each part number module differently to prevent end users from swapping modules to different models of 997 cars, i.e., if you want a certain stiffness level of command for the dampers don't buy the another OEM module, buy the whole car! I know this because during the development period of the 997 DSC module we had to compile every possible comm code...it was a real pain. But the effort had proven to be fruitful.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL DSC SPORT DISCUSSION FORUM