Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 12:21 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 943 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
Tom - quick Question: Are the PASM connectors polarised?
Polarity does not matter on the shock connectors. But it does matter on the controller/main harness end.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Old 08-11-2018, 11:32 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,321 Posts

I received mine today and decided to do a crude little install video. Hope this helps for those not sure about it. It was really easy.
I'll know more about how I like it tmrw. I didn't get a chance to drive more than around the block today.

Thank you again Tom at TPC. Sorry I jacked up the name in my vid..lol Brain fart.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:51 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Big Swole
I received mine today and decided to do a crude little install video. Hope this helps for those not sure about it. It was really easy.
I'll know more about how I like it tmrw. I didn't get a chance to drive more than around the block today.

Thank you again Tom at TPC. Sorry I jacked up the name in my vid..lol Brain fart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4_KPY-PbL0
Glad you received your DSC. Thank you for the video, Sir! Please let us know how you like it after you spend some time driving.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:14 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tom-TPC Racing
Glad you received your DSC. Thank you for the video, Sir! Please let us know how you like it after you spend some time driving.

Thank you again Sir!! I actually posted about it yesterday in my and a couple other threads, but forgot to put it here as well. Here's what I posted. I'll know more once I do a proper mountain road run, hopefully soon.

BTW, I just got back from an approximate 100 mile drive (city, highway, and some fairly curvy roads). It only took me just about 3-5 miles to feel the difference in city road driving. The ride is a good bit more compliant and smooth. This alone made this purchase worth it.

As soon as I threw it through the first hard curve, I knew it was better. The turn-in was very confidence inspiring and very smooth. The car seemed less twitchy and immediately felt settled. It felt flatter through all of the corners. Transitions from left to right and back were even more smooth and flat.

Needless to say, I'm Very happy with my purchase of the TPC DSC sport module. I hate to sound like a broken record, but for the money, it's hard to think of a better mod. I can't wait to do a true mountain run where I can get a good bit more aggressive than the roads I got on today. The track would be a real test, but that'll have to wait for now..
Old 08-15-2018, 11:00 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

I just got back from a 275 mile drive to the mountain and back. I'm totally Sold on this TPC DSC module!!!!

My car is even more fun and more confidence inspiring!!!

Thank you again Tom / TPC Racing!!

Last edited by Big Swole; 08-23-2018 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:16 AM
DSC Sport
Former Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
I just got back from a 275 mile drive to the mountain and back. I'm totally Sold on this TPC DSC module!!!!

My car is even more fun and more confidence inspiring!!!

Thank you again Tom!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIOSqdKwgoY
Thank you again for joining the DSC Sport Family that is growing so rapidly! We absolutely enjoyed the video!!! Please can we share your experience on our social media page?

Cheers!
Old 08-23-2018, 10:28 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
Thank you again for joining the DSC Sport Family that is growing so rapidly! We absolutely enjoyed the video!!! Please can we share your experience on our social media page?

Cheers!
Absolutely you can !! Let me know if you need anything else!

Thank you again for a great product. Best money spent yet!

I went ahead and added more info to my install vid and mountain road videos. I included links for each vid and a link to your website for purchase. I hope this helps.

David
Old 08-23-2018, 07:45 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

Allow me to echo what Big Swole said. A phenomenal upgrade. Turn-in is sharper. Ride is smoother. Well worth the money.

Last edited by WantA997; 08-25-2018 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:16 PM
DSC Sport
Former Sponsor

Hey guys! We wanted to address the difference between the OEM controller and DSC Sport controller because we receive uncommon tech support calls that DSC Sport family members don't feel the difference in modes with the DSC Sport controller. On the contrary we made an impromptu video that can be used for further diagnosis in relation to the way the OEM controller works which is either 20% in Normal or 80% stiffness in Sport. The DSC Sport controller uses different ranges for Normal and Sport that work actively in true form within the ranges unlike the OEM controller. With this video, Datalogs are explained and the data shows the DSC Sport controller working. Some say that it doesn't work but the data doesn't lie. You can even see the change in shock currents when modes are switched from Normal to Sport. Take a peak on how you can check your DSC Sport controller and how it will help you with diagnosis.

Old 10-02-2018, 06:30 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

You guys really need a marketing guy and an UX/UI guy. Seriously.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:43 AM
DSC Sport
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RennOracle
You guys really need a marketing guy and an UX/UI guy. Seriously.
Thank you for your feedback, we do have one if you haven't seen any of our videos before hand as he has been on vacation. This is simply a Impromptu video as stated in the Title. Feel free to take a look at our Youtube channel for more content that is not impromptu. We do the best we can to provide needed information to our DSC Sport Family and we had a bunch of users asking for this particular information while our marketing guy was on vacation, sorry about the quality this time. Thanks again we will do better next time.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:22 AM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
Thank you for your feedback, we do have one if you haven't seen any of our videos before hand as he has been on vacation. This is simply a Impromptu video as stated in the Title. Feel free to take a look at our Youtube channel for more content that is not impromptu. We do the best we can to provide needed information to our DSC Sport Family and we had a bunch of users asking for this particular information while our marketing guy was on vacation, sorry about the quality this time. Thanks again we will do better next time.
You are great, the thing is he should had done a guide on how to create this type of video and how to explain stuff to clients, you are blantantly obvious an engineer so you just try to explain everything as clear as possible, but you end up making something very simple almost too confusing. Treat language like engineering, less redundancies and more efficiency.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:31 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Luv2XcelR8
I live off exit 13 on 400! Let me know next time you hit the mountains.

I go all of the time!

-Heinz
PM sent! We'll link up soon!

Thx,

David
Old 10-07-2018, 12:39 PM
HarmonyJim
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 47 Posts

I plan on doing the diagnosis as you showed in the video. However, under normal driving, will we get any sort of 'idiot' lights or other indicators that will tell us if the system starts to malfunction? I have the DSC/accelerometer and TracTive shocks combo for my 2007 997.1RS.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:50 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by HarmonyJim
I plan on doing the diagnosis as you showed in the video. However, under normal driving, will we get any sort of 'idiot' lights or other indicators that will tell us if the system starts to malfunction? I have the DSC/accelerometer and TracTive shocks combo for my 2007 997.1RS.
PASM Fault message will display on the instrument cluster if the DSC connection system fails. You'll know it because all four shocks will default to full stiff command, this is the same protocol as factory PASM.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL DSC SPORT DISCUSSION FORUM