Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 01:42 PM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi all,

Unfortunately we can't offer any sales or discounts, as we have a contract agreement with our DSC dealers. Our dealers are a vital part of our marketing strategy, and it would be unfair to them if we were to leverage our platform to sell at a lower cost than they are able.

However, because there's so much interest, I've created a code that offers free shipping via www.dscsport.com thru April 15. Use the following code to take advantage of free shipping!

RLshipfree

- Jordan
Old 03-28-2016, 09:48 PM
Jaybird33
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 22 Posts

Just submitted my order! Hopefully it gets to LA before April 9th (my track day at Buttonwillow). I'd love to be able to do some back to back comparisons.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:56 AM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Anyone try one of these on a 991 GT3 yet?
Old 04-04-2016, 04:43 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes. Search for Macca.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:10 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

I bit hard on the bullet and have the first set in the UK (I think). I am really hoping these work as hyped, they certainly look and feel of jewel like quality - being installed this week

Name:  IMG_7303_zpspw08fm0b.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  241.2 KB

Name:  IMG_7300_zpstqhfwxgw.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  211.6 KB
Old 04-05-2016, 09:20 AM
dariog
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TB993tt
I bit hard on the bullet and have the first set in the UK (I think). I am really hoping these work as hyped, they certainly look and feel of jewel like quality - being installed this week
Wow they look awesome! I wonder how they will work in compare to factory setup with DSC Sport box only in your 997 GT2? Did you test with that TPC Racing box alone?
Old 04-05-2016, 09:43 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dariog
Wow they look awesome! I wonder how they will work in compare to factory setup with DSC Sport box only in your 997 GT2? Did you test with that TPC Racing box alone?
I had a bad experience with the DSC box, one of them lit up a warning light and another left the car in rock hard sport mode (apparently it was a fault of my B16 dampers, an electrical connection), TPC's service in terms of communication and shipping out replacements was very good but I lost faith in it mainly because the difference wasn't that great on my GT2 and I could not tell if it was working or not ! someone at TPC explained it quite well that with my set up the difference will be quite subtle and my numb @rse probably couldn't feel it (he didn't say that last bit )

I'm very optimistic that the full Tractive/DSC package should deliver what I am looking for which is a much better ride for my daily driver yet all the benefits of the high quality dampers matched to the DSC bespoke software keeping the suspension's ability to control a lot of torque and keep stability at 200+mph.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:49 AM
dariog
Banned

I had a bad experience with the DSC box, one of them lit up a warning light and another left the car in rock hard sport mode (apparently it was a fault of my B16 dampers, an electrical connection), TPC's service in terms of communication and shipping out replacements was very good but I lost faith in it mainly because the difference wasn't that great on my GT2 and I could not tell if it was working or not ! someone at TPC explained it quite well that with my set up the difference will be quite subtle and my numb @rse probably couldn't feel it (he didn't say that last bit ) I'm very optimistic that the full Tractive/DSC package should deliver what I am looking for which is a much better ride for my daily driver yet all the benefits of the high quality dampers matched to the DSC bespoke software keeping the suspension's ability to control a lot of torque and keep stability at 200+mph.
Thanks Tobby

I was curious, I have a good experience with DSC box and I feel a big difference over factory setup with standard PASM dumpers. Now I wait for upgrade which will bring only two modes (Standard/Sport) fully integrated with prompt on dasboards insted of previous three mods. So the next level is setup like yours...

Darek
Old 04-05-2016, 04:12 PM
dariog
Banned

Originally Posted by bigkraig
Anyone try one of these on a 991 GT3 yet?
Here you are with a similar thread for 991:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8952...sc-module.html
Old 04-07-2016, 01:13 PM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Lucky you, let me know how that works out since you'll be getting them before me. I have mine on order just waiting. Even when they come in I don't think I'll be able to get them installed straight away thanks to significant, unexpected delays on my CAE shifter order (double to triple the lead time they originally quoted me) and I'd rather have everything installed at once rather than going back for installs repeatedly.

Waiting is hard. lol

Last edited by LateBraking; 04-13-2016 at 02:09 AM.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:09 AM
thekid96
Rennlist Member

Can anyone guide me to a link to the DSC software download? Website doesn't seem to help much.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:23 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,611 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by thekid96
Can anyone guide me to a link to the DSC software download? Website doesn't seem to help much.
Register for the app download then pick your platform ...
Old 04-08-2016, 09:39 AM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by thekid96
Sounds like you might be looking for it on the TPC website. DSC has its own website.

http://www.dscsport.com/software/
Old 04-15-2016, 09:10 PM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 111 Posts

Post deleted since I found a list of dealers with a little more searching.

Last edited by Ubermensch; 04-19-2016 at 01:09 AM.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:51 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

So my new Tractive shocks have been installed together with the DSC box, my car runs solid Tarett links everywhere and Cup lower rear arms and Cup 2 tyres, the Tractives came with the Swift 313lb front springs and 616lb rears.

Name:  IMG_7362_zpsd45w27zi.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  178.3 KB
Name:  IMG_7363_zpspt800f2v.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  189.3 KB

The shocks came pre adjusted and the chassis was set up to factory GT2 spec with rear anti roll bar at full soft.

This car is a daily driver, it doesn't do track days it is my vision of the ultimate street 911 turbo with maximum boost by 3000rpm and managing 800hp at 7000rpm. My first 911 was a '80 SC and I've always enjoyed the rawness of these early 911s and have attempted to keep my 911s raw and exciting yet still totally useable for the school run to cross continent driving.

I've run Bilstein B16 Damptronics on the car for the last 4 or so years and have been pretty pleased with them but the lure of this new set up from TPC was very strong, the possibility of breaking that impossible paradox of a comfortable suspension for cruising and a race set up for playing was very enticing.

Out of the box I found the high speed ride too hard, just too tight for the street. There was some excellent customer service which cumulated in an adjustment of the % of programmed damping at the higher speeds, I was quite amazed at how well this worked.

I spent a week driving round on familiar roads and can confirm that this set up really does what they say it will, over our awful rutted roads it does ride similar to a BMW i8 (this was Tom's assertion) maybe a bit harsher but nicely controlled and way better than the B16s it feels weird to be able to hit grids without gritting your teeth like previously in fact one finds oneself seeking out grids and imperfections just to feel how well they are dealt with !!..... As soon as you want to play and hit the gas and fling it into a corner it instantly changes to a tight race car feel set up, it is quite uncanny and adds another dimension of fun.
Downsides ? Well the springs make a bit of noise sometimes, there's a pothole near my house which if I go over at 30mph it sounds like the front suspension is coming through the turrets. I am getting a scraping noise at the rear when going over speed bumps, I think it is the tyres hitting the body due to the softer springs, I think the Cup 2s are a tad wider than the PSS I had on before and my wheel offset is 2mm more than stock, this is not such a big deal.

In summary I think TPC have the ultimate suspension product here for the Porsche 997.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL DSC SPORT DISCUSSION FORUM