Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Corvette Z06 Images - Wow

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 06:02 PM
werks
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skxf430
There will be plenty of bugs to work out.

I have a '13 Z06 and they never worked out all the bugs in the last model year of the C6.

And, with so much new technology on the C7, it may even take longer to work the kinks out.
Hey skxf, I'm going to have to agree with you on that one. Skip the first model year and let someone else be the guinea pig.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:10 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
lol

The new Z06 is basically a ZR1 rebadge as Z06. Super charged V8 making 620+ hp/torque. The monster 7.0L NA V8 is gone. My Z06 make 600+ hp/torque with bolt on intake and exhaust and on the track it easy gain and pull away from ZR1.

I like the new Z06 exterior treatment but not sure if I want a supercharged engine. NA is just so linear as far as power delivery. C6 Z06 still look great compare with C7 and it has enough curves to draw attention

Speaking of curves, could you move the camera a tiny bit to the right, pls?
Old 01-13-2014, 08:10 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

The new Z06 is basically a ZR1 rebadge as Z06. Super charged V8 making 620+ hp/torque. The monster 7.0L NA V8 is gone.
Well, not exactly. They essentially moved the SC V8 from the ZR1 to the Z06, and the NA V8 from the Z06 to the Z28. Sure seems like they are trying to make room for something at the high end...

While I applaud GM for developing these beasts while on the brink of bankruptcy...with two transmissions no less in the Z06 (ahem, Porsche, you have NO excuse)...to my eye, adding tack-ons is not the solution to the Stingray's odd angles and unresolved lines. Wish the design was clean and purposeful like the C6 Z06...
Old 01-13-2014, 08:19 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 359 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
...with two transmissions no less in the Z06 (ahem, Porsche, you have NO excuse)...
I'm really looking forward to see the performance numbers on this car!
As I've stated many times,I'm not a " numbers " kind of guy,but I believe GM made a really bold statement saying that an 8 speed automatic is faster than PDK! And what I'm more interested in are the numbers between the manual Z06 and the automatic. The difference might be minimal... How did GM manage to develop a drivetrain that works very well with both transmissions while Porsche is saying that the new engine works best with PDK-S?!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:26 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Nope...im sticking with dump truck

Don't get me wrong....I love my chevy pick up truck.....but Chevy does not build a rewarding sports car to drive.....it uis buit on a budget and handles / drives like a budget street car

This thread makes me think of this past weekend....Stu and I at gas pumps

Man in shiny blue ZR1 pulls up. Stu and I are in the process of buying 80 gallons of 98, so the Tyalor Dunn is blocking the gas pumps

Chevy guy "how much longer are you going to be"
Me "you need 98 or 93?"
Chevy guy "just one gallon of 93"
Me "one gallon, why so little"
Chevy guy "my car is on empty and Im not paying $4.50 a gallon for 93 so I just need one gallon to get to the next gas station"
Me "the 93 here is ethanol free, might be a bit better for ur motor"
Chevy guy "im already too fast, I don't need this fancy fuel to go any faster"
I quit talking at this point......dumbass
Bwaaa...hilarious....however I've seen it with P car guys too at the Sebring track pumps. To me its not worth my time to drive 10 minutes up the road to the Shell station.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:18 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skxf430
There will be plenty of bugs to work out.

I have a '13 Z06 and they never worked out all the bugs in the last model year of the C6.

And, with so much new technology on the C7, it may even take longer to work the kinks out.
yeah, the bugs in C6 Z06 is not as bad as GT3 but every car will have their issue when you push hard on track

Originally Posted by werks
Thanks Mike, I'm trying. Still have not adjusted to the new light weight racing clutch that I have on the car now. The thing has so little inertia that it's throwing me off every time I try to rev match. I blip the throttle and the rpm's are already dropping before I can let the clutch pedal up lol.
god ... now your Z06 will be like a mini cup. The trick is to brake ... clutch, blip and down shift in the same time then quickly release clutch. Took me a while to learn when I first drove my Cup and after you get it right it's totally sweet

Originally Posted by hf1
Speaking of curves, could you move the camera a tiny bit to the right, pls?
sorry, you meant this right? I really like how the line flows on the other side of the car

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Well, not exactly. They essentially moved the SC V8 from the ZR1 to the Z06, and the NA V8 from the Z06 to the Z28. Sure seems like they are trying to make room for something at the high end...

While I applaud GM for developing these beasts while on the brink of bankruptcy...with two transmissions no less in the Z06 (ahem, Porsche, you have NO excuse)...to my eye, adding tack-ons is not the solution to the Stingray's odd angles and unresolved lines. Wish the design was clean and purposeful like the C6 Z06...
No 7.0L in the corvette line up
Old 01-14-2014, 12:33 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

I think fleadh in his c6 zr-1 did 170 mph before brake zone at t1. That is scary fast. mike
Old 01-14-2014, 06:49 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 351 Likes on 217 Posts

That's the best spec of C6 Z06 right there. The carbon editions were pretty rare right?
Old 01-14-2014, 07:30 AM
Nan P
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Real life pics of the new Z06 look better, but still kinda....ah...in my eyes. The performance is still amazing for the $$$
Mikymu's blue C6 Z06 looks wayyyy better & is my fav Vette.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:29 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yup thats pretty awesome and you'll notice the CHic is leaning against the Vette!

Last edited by kosmo; 01-14-2014 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:42 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

These new Corvettes are likely to prove to be more durable on track than the new 991GT3 based on last weekend's experience with one of each in the solo group at Sebring.

The Corvette blasted away happily all weekend, the GT3 had nothing but problems that appear to be common now that they are hitting the tracks.

Such a sad direction for Porsche, they no longer deserve our GT3 business.
GM is working hard and really trying to earn our dollars I must say.

I hope I can learn to get over the initial build quality issues and ugly *** one day.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:25 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,580 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
These new Corvettes are likely to prove to be more durable on track than the new 991GT3 based on last weekend's experience with one of each in the solo group at Sebring.

The Corvette blasted away happily all weekend, the GT3 had nothing but problems that appear to be common now that they are hitting the tracks.

I hope I can learn to get over the initial build quality issues and ugly *** one day.
Yup. And the GT3 only had delivery miles on it. Brand new.

Sad...
Old 01-14-2014, 12:03 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 93 Posts

Being a Corvette protagonist here, you'd think I'd be happy to hear the 991 GT3 is having issues, but actually it genuinely makes me sad. I saw SamfromTX's car this past Saturday and it's just a flat gorgeous white GT3 and it ran fine the whole weekend. Actually, it ran more than fine, it hauled ****.

I really hope Porsche refocuses and makes the 991 GT3 bulletproof and the RS version even more so. At this point in my career and having already owned 3 Vettes and no Porsche's I'd honestly consider paying $50k-70k more for an awesome 991 GT3 RS over a loaded C7 Z06 just to try something different.

But if it can't hold up to sustained flogging at track days over the years, that'll short circuit my attempt to even try to get one. Also, if Porsche doesn't stand behind their product and balks at warranty repairs for issues caused on track, that'll definitely make me not buy one. GM has been standing behind their product the whole 13 years I've owned Vettes. I've never had an issue with any warranty repair. As a matter of fact, I'm taking my car in tomorrow for another round of cats/mufflers/o2 sensor replacements that will be a multi-thousand dollar warranty repair. 100% stock LS9 shouldn't keep blowing up cats no matter what.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:49 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

What problems did it have?
Old 01-14-2014, 01:04 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,580 Likes on 825 Posts

It totally stopped & shut down.

Quick Reply: Corvette Z06 Images - Wow