Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Corvette Z06 Images - Wow

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 07:30 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't take credit for these photoshops. But good lord this car looks ridiculous in black.

click

click
Old 01-12-2014, 08:34 PM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 351 Likes on 217 Posts

^^ my god! I dont like the quad exhausts...they need a slight gap in the middle so that they look like two pairs rather than four in a row, which looks artificial.

everything else though, im speechless.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:39 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

THE LIVE REVEAL OF THE ALL-NEW 2015 CORVETTE Z06:
Monday, Jan 13, 9:30 EST

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-z06-supercar-reveal.html

Old 01-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

lots of cars are fast on track....

Porsches are rewarding to drive well....slow ones and fats ones....its the weight distribution

Hope this corvette doesn't drive like a dump truck like the others
Old 01-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In black it reminds me too much of the last Firebird in the same color. All you need is that Faux grill applique on the rear brake lights and you got it.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:49 PM
werks
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
lots of cars are fast on track....

Porsches are rewarding to drive well....slow ones and fats ones....its the weight distribution

Hope this corvette doesn't drive like a dump truck like the others
I'm not sure what was wrong with the last Vette that you were in but I've never experienced one that drove like a dump truck. There are not too many cars that you can turn lap times in within a few seconds of a well driven full blown dedicated race car like a 997 Cup and just swap to street tires to go on a 300+ mile weekend get away with your S/O without them complaining about the ride. If you want to hear someone complaining about a car driving like a dump truck I think that if you figured out how to put a second seat in a Cup car and took most of our GF's/Wives for a 100 mile drive on the street you would get an ear full about what they consider a dump truck lol!
Old 01-12-2014, 09:58 PM
redleg321
Racer

Originally Posted by werks
I'm not sure what was wrong with the last Vette that you were in but I've never experienced one that drove like a dump truck. There are not too many cars that you can turn lap times in within a few seconds of a well driven full blown dedicated race car like a 997 Cup and just swap to street tires to go on a 300+ mile weekend get away with your S/O without them complaining about the ride. If you want to hear someone complaining about a car driving like a dump truck I think that if you figured out how to put a second seat in a Cup car and took most of our GF's/Wives for a 100 mile drive on the street you would get an ear full about what they consider a dump truck lol!
That inflammatory statement is what's known as a troll. A Z corvette driving like a dump truck? That's the funniest thing posted on this thread! Don't take it too seriously, IMO.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:02 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
In black it reminds me too much of the last Firebird in the same color. All you need is that Faux grill applique on the rear brake lights and you got it.

I don't see it?
Old 01-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Al Pettee
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

'Vettes have always had that cheesy/middle class appearance to them, but this C7Z looks totally badass, and this comment coming from a P-car guy, not a Corvette guy.

Rumors are that there will be a 7-speed manual as in the C7 Stingray, and a paddle-shifting 8-speed auto (8L90E), but maybe GM will surprise us all tomorrow am.

And keep in mind, the blower on the C7Z is also rumored to be a small (? 1.7L) centrifugal, spinning up to 20K rpm's with max. boost of 9.5psi, so maybe a ZR1 down the road could use a bigger blower good for 700HP with a DCT tranny added then for differentiation.

Not that I will buy one, but if I could fit that engine into my Noble or my RS4....
Old 01-12-2014, 11:54 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by redleg321
That inflammatory statement is what's known as a troll. A Z corvette driving like a dump truck? That's the funniest thing posted on this thread! Don't take it too seriously, IMO.
Yes I did mean a z06 corvette....I must troll here a lot so suck it up

I've driven on track at speed: bone stock z06 (both variants), the new zr1, and have been a passenger in a well set up well driven vintage one....I've also spent my fair share of time in a cup car

Yes the Chevys are fast, my point if crap loads of low end torque excites you and a vague shifter and not much overall feeling go for it...or a viper same thing. To me a bone stock '86 Carrera is more fun to wheel around the circuit

And as far as it being faster, that's exactly what we need...more under qualified drivers in faster cars without proper safety gear

If u got offended because u have a corvette.....I'm sorry because u are that guy

Let's hope Chevys new miracle car can keep its engine in one piece so we can run races under the green flag

Old 01-13-2014, 01:12 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by redleg321
Troll? This isn't Corvette forum.

If you are a Corvette fanboy, you should expect jabs to be thrown at Corvette's on a rival manufacturers forum.

Besides, you are talking about one of the more well known posters in this forum, so calling him a troll isn't going to carry much weight.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:32 AM
m5trol
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dump truck was a bit much though.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:44 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 359 Likes on 216 Posts

You know what...I don't like Corvettes either...
I don't like this one and I highly doubt their overall quality is so much improved... There's no way this thing is selling below 100K and somehow has the same quality as its competitors!
I've never driven one so I have 0 experience when it comes to Corvette.
But
I'm curious. Lots of power,cheap,a manual tranny,maybe handles well and fast....driver's car? Mmmmm.... What if....?
In the end I see no reason not considering it....

Just my 2 c...
Old 01-13-2014, 03:56 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by m5trol
Dump truck was a bit much though.

Trust me, I completely disagree with Randy's assessment. But this is a PORSCHE forum. Completely biased comments should be expected. You can't post about another brand on any forum and not find a few posts like this.

But a guy with 95 posts calling him a troll in defense of a Corvette on a Porsche forum is a bit ironic, no?
Old 01-13-2014, 05:14 AM
werks
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Yes I did mean a z06 corvette....I must troll here a lot so suck it up

I've driven on track at speed: bone stock z06 (both variants), the new zr1, and have been a passenger in a well set up well driven vintage one....I've also spent my fair share of time in a cup car

Yes the Chevys are fast, my point if crap loads of low end torque excites you and a vague shifter and not much overall feeling go for it...or a viper same thing. To me a bone stock '86 Carrera is more fun to wheel around the circuit

And as far as it being faster, that's exactly what we need...more under qualified drivers in faster cars without proper safety gear

If u got offended because u have a corvette.....I'm sorry because u are that guy

Let's hope Chevys new miracle car can keep its engine in one piece so we can run races under the green flag

Different car makes will always have different driving characteristics, that's the beauty of variety. Each individual is entitled to their preference of those. Audi has been doing things differently with their diesel race cars and their "crap load" of low end torque and it's hard to deny that they have been successful going down that route. My experience lays more with motorcycle racing in the early 90's and that is no different than the is two stroke or four stroke faster in GP bikes debate. The "purist" will say that the 500cc two stokes were the ultimate in light weight performance that truly took finesse and skill to master. The riders from that time will say that those bikes were fast but every time they rode one they felt like the bike was trying to kill them and it literally scared the **** out of them lol!

Bottom line is that every car (or bike) is going to have advantages and disadvantages when compared to others. The race track is the great equalizer because lap times don't lie. No matter how you look at it, it takes skill and practice to turn fast lap times no matter what type of car you are in. The assumption that more underqualified drivers are going to be faster in it (the new Z) which is the last thing that we need I think is a fallacy. In my admittedly limited amount of experience contrary to what their ego's might be telling them, bad drivers in fast cars are still slow. At our track those often seem to be the guys showing up with MP4's and R8's with shiny new race suits only to turn 2:08's and slower. Most of the vette drivers are more concerned with making their cars look good than trying to go fast, which is a shame because of the potential the cars have. But they most often show up at the track with the intention to just cruze around and enjoy their cars so I can't fault them for that. The P-car guys are certainly the most dedicated and focused track group out there and I've been fortunate enough to become friends with one of them that has given me quite a bit of feedback on driving. That along with my regular 2 day per month with a Pro coach have helped improve my driving and lap times considerably even though there is imho still plenty of room for improvement. So for me, going fast all boils down to commitment, effort and practice along with a well sorted car.

At the end of the day though I'm just a car lover no matter what brand they might be. The one thing that I am glad about is that we all have another potential choice to consider as a track car. I'm also happy that at least GM decided to keep offering a manual transmission so we at least still have a shifter in our cars to enjoy. As far as the engines staying together, any track prepped C6 Z06 vette should have some minor upgrades done to their dry sump system which really is no different that the modifications that I believe you guys need to do with your cooling system on the 997GT3's so that you do not spill coolant all over the track or converting your cars from center locks to 5 bolt. The bottom line is that no matter how these cars are marketed these are all at best track "capable" cars, that does not necessarily mean they are track "ready" when you drive them off the dealer lot.

Quick Reply: Corvette Z06 Images - Wow