COTA 2/1-3 ultimate DE Cup participant list

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 08:36 PM
zweebach
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I really don't know any more...
I was at a Drivers Edge event in October at Texas World Speedway and they (Rick) said that in their program, nobody is truly "solo". That is to say, for example, that on half of your runs, you have an instructor riding along. I don't know if drivers are able to work something out with their instructors to get set free or not.

Full disclosure: this is what I heard in the drivers meeting and I'm not in that top run group.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:12 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

SOLD OUT
Old 12-03-2012, 09:17 PM
4forme
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GT3DE
What is a Driver's Edge event like? Lots of fast cars, liberal passing in upper run groups? Is this a good place for fast drovers in GT3/RS????
I ran a couple of their events at MSR cresson last spring. Well run events. I think they require instructor ride along for at least one session if you have never run with them before. Their Red group allows passing anywhere including corners. I don't recall if pointby's were required.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave and Seth

I sent an email to Dave but I love the idea of you guys being there and coaching. I also love the shared opportunity.you have so much knowledge to offer my brain can only process so much and the individual time really helps me work on your guidance. Thanks for being there and Dave thanks for working with me this weekend and the eye opening ride.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:01 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 417 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by 4forme
I ran a couple of their events at MSR cresson last spring. Well run events. I think they require instructor ride along for at least one session if you have never run with them before. Their Red group allows passing anywhere including corners. I don't recall if pointby's were required.
Passing anywhere, but you need a point by.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:08 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by malmasri
SOLD OUT
As expected and hope most red lister got in
Old 12-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drivers Edge event not yet booked, still working on dates, I will start a thread when Rick sends out the confirmation to us mortals in Texas. BMW is also doing event in June however that is pretty much sold out before they even open it to registration as first priority was to recent DE participants, then Members from the three Clubs in Texas, and then the public as I understand it. Seriously doubt if it will get out of the club level.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:13 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Vonschmidt
Drivers Edge event not yet booked, still working on dates, I will start a thread when Rick sends out the confirmation to us mortals in Texas. BMW is also doing event in June however that is pretty much sold out before they even open it to registration as first priority was to recent DE participants, then Members from the three Clubs in Texas, and then the public as I understand it. Seriously doubt if it will get out of the club level.
I will never do a BMW event again after miserable experience at Calabogie this past summer. I am interested in Drivers Edge though.

For those that know about David Murry Track Days (2 day DE, unlimited open track all day - no groups, open passing WITHOUT point-by), David is trying to line up a COTA event in the Spring of 2013. Please refer to this link: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=99881
Old 12-04-2012, 03:21 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't group all of BMW events together. Different regions do/handle things differently.

That being said, I have never done, and from what I've heard would not do a BMW event either.

I honestly am more excited about just being on the track, getting videos, and the experience than anything. It's not a competition so I'm not too motivated to go really fast. And the track looks like it will be awesome even at 6/10ths. But that feeling might only make it through day one.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:23 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts

All BMW groups/events are not created equal. Badger Bimmers runs a great event at Road America. One of my favorites.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:39 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by tasman
All BMW groups/events are not created equal. Badger Bimmers runs a great event at Road America. One of my favorites.
+1...great group of people
Old 12-04-2012, 06:38 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 467 Posts

Nord Stern region PCA is my fav group for RA. If BMW club still treats everybody who isn't an Inst as someone who doesn't know **** then I just say NO

Peter
Old 12-04-2012, 06:40 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
I will never do a BMW event again after miserable experience at Calabogie this past summer. I am interested in Drivers Edge though.

For those that know about David Murry Track Days (2 day DE, unlimited open track all day - no groups, open passing WITHOUT point-by), David is trying to line up a COTA event in the Spring of 2013. Please refer to this link: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=99881
Actually DM does require point bye in turns. Straights are open passing.

Peter
Old 12-04-2012, 06:50 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Nord Stern region PCA is my fav group for RA. If BMW club still treats everybody who isn't an Inst as someone who doesn't know **** then I just say NO

Peter
Never run with Nord Stern. Have to give them a try. Think Badger Bimmers are a good group to run with. Can't speak for other BMW clubs.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold

Peter
Clarke snd Peter csnt take constructive critism ....I think the BMW club is the only place he didn't spin....just saying

Quick Reply: COTA 2/1-3 ultimate DE Cup participant list