Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

FS: 2007 GT3RS - Orange

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012 | 08:40 AM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JMon
How many of those miles are track miles?
Has any sort of PPI or equivalent been done? If so, do you have the compression / leak down numbers?
For me, the mileage is the scary part. 4 years out, I'd be left trying to pawn off an 70kmi RS. Plus I'm thinking with all those track miles, the engine / transmission may be ready for a refresh $$$$ soon.

Ok, now the real question. What kind of lap times do you pull at
0) Sebring
1) Homestead
2) Road ATL
3) Barber

And on what tires?
1) Sebring 2:22-2:23 normal, fastest lap 2:21.000 (on Peter's traqmate it would've been a 2:20.999999999999999999 )
2) Homestead 1:37's if remember right
3) Road Atlanta, normal 1:37's, fastest 1:35.7
4) Never did Barber.
All on GT3DE Cup sanctioned tire (RA1)

But you may be too late, unless something shows up on PPI, I think Jamie is pretty serious.

Jamie, nice talking to you, talk to you after the PPI
Old 07-17-2012 | 08:49 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Erik
1) Sebring 2:22-2:23 normal, fastest lap 2:21.000 (on Peter's traqmate it would've been a 2:20.999999999999999999 )
4) Never did Barber.

But you may be too late, unless something shows up on PPI, I think Jamie is pretty serious.

So according to Rad you are in the coffee cup
Old 07-17-2012 | 09:02 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Erik, hope it works out with Jamie.

I find it entertaining all the comments about the mileage. On the 996 GT3 board we have a heavily tracked car that has now reached 100k miles, Rad's old car is still alive and kicking and must be > 50k miles by now, I rode in one at Mid Ohio a few weeks ago with 42k on it most of them track miles.

The GT1 block cars have proven to be bullet proof. Even in cup car form turning many more RPM's there are examples out there with twice the porsche recommended hours on them not only running strong but running at the top of the pack.

I think the car is very attractively priced for the options and mileage and I'm really suprised it's lasted this long.

Andy
Old 07-17-2012 | 09:06 AM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Randy in a 3.8 those are coffee cup, in 3.6 those are platinum.

Andy I agree 100%
Old 07-17-2012 | 09:17 AM
FLA997
Drifting

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s

I find it entertaining all the comments about the mileage. On the 996 GT3 board we have a heavily tracked car that has now reached 100k miles, Rad's old car is still alive and kicking and must be > 50k miles by now, I rode in one at Mid Ohio a few weeks ago with 42k on it most of them track miles.

The GT1 block cars have proven to be bullet proof. Even in cup car form turning many more RPM's there are examples out there with twice the porsche recommended hours on them not only running strong but running at the top of the pack.

I think the car is very attractively priced for the options and mileage and I'm really suprised it's lasted this long.

Andy
+1...and on dyno day a few months back Erik's car didn't so much as puff one bit of smoke. Fingers crossed for you Erik...and it will remove my desire/ability to scoop the car up.
Old 07-17-2012 | 12:24 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

If I can add my 2c here for Eric - I would post results from a leak test on the motor, provided exact number of track hours on both engine and tranny and added dyno chart. then those who may be looking for a track car would have a good reference. Right now with this amount of milage on the obvious track car it just adds a bit of a confusion. Those miles are nothing for a street only car, for competitively driven race car it would mean it had to have 2 motor rebuilds already. So i guess a lot of people are confused.
Old 07-17-2012 | 12:45 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Randy in a 3.8 those are coffee cup, in 3.6 those are platinum.

Andy I agree 100%
and that's on 305 rears....even more impressive.
Old 07-17-2012 | 12:49 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jamie_GT3
Howdy Gents, new to the forum and new to porsche, am a bmw guy, but a GT3 has been on my bucket list for a long time... spoke with Eric, Rodger and Eddie today about this sweet car. Will be getting the PPI done at orbit and if all goes well, flying out from Seattle to drive it/see it and hand over a check... Considered driving it home, but 3400 miles is a long way in a race car!! Will ship it, any recommendations for a shipping company?
Jamie you are buying a good car. Erik is Mr. Smooth, does not hack or beat on the car, yet put down great laptimes.

I have pushed my brother to buy it, but something bla, bla about my niece turning 2 years old soon, babies being expensive, bla bla...

There are easy 20 RL's that know this car very well. 1000% sure it was never damaged or we would know.
Nothing was broken besides what you have been told about the knows cooling lines, clutch etc. etc.

The smart money buyes everything Erik has with the car and you end up with the cheapest RS in the country.

4) Never did Barber.

FWIW, Champion does PPI for about $200.00, I did it with my car for Stephen who bought it. I did it just so it was a Porsche dealer and not just our friends at Orbit. But anyone who knows, knows that Orbits will do a proper PPI.

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s

Andy
This car has a lot of street miles. Erik lives in Juno Beach and drove it to Sebring and Homestead. He plays 2x a week in Boca. Google map it and do the math.

Whomever buys this car will drive it for nearly free for at least a couple of years. Some of that due to the color and some of that due to the parts that come with the car for easy resale.

I mean go find a 2004/2005 996GT3 for less then $40K, good luck with that and if they are super clean they are almost the same as the final cost of Erik's car, if you factor in actually driving the car, depreciation and the extra sets of wheels, seats etc. etc.
Old 07-17-2012 | 12:50 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Howdy Gents, new to the forum and new to porsche, am a bmw guy, but a GT3 has been on my bucket list for a long time... spoke with Eric, Rodger and Eddie today about this sweet car. Will be getting the PPI done at orbit and if all goes well, flying out from Seattle to drive it/see it and hand over a check... Considered driving it home, but 3400 miles is a long way in a race car!! Will ship it, any recommendations for a shipping company?
Intercity or Reliable. Trust me, I love my E46 M3, but it's been in storage since I got the RS....there's simply no comparison. Do it my friend!
Old 07-17-2012 | 12:57 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

A low miles 2007 GT3 RS is a $105k car, then it needs the following (mandatory if tracked)

1.- New LSD (Guard or OSGiken)
2.- New rear sway bar or GMG sway bars (I prefer the GMG units)
3.- Harnesses
4.- Race Seats ($$ or $$$$$)
5.- Rollbar
6.- Track brake pads
7.- Track brake fluid
8.- Coolant fittings welded (or dump coolant and pay repair bill to racetrack and other cars involved in accident)
9.- track wheels and tires
10.- alignment and corner weights
11.- revalved shocks and new springs, or a new coilover kit, PASM wasn't worthy until 2010
12.- Toe links to keep the rear from sending car to the wall

These upgrades add another $20k. Low miles 07RS ends up being a $125k, so a buyer ends up spending near $50k extra to buy a low miles car. $50k buys a spare 996 GT3, and almost pays for Erik's car.

For a street/track car, Erik's car is a bargain.

I sold my 996 GT3 back in 2008 with the same mileage, lots of upgrades, and the car lasted a few days in the market. What was missing from Erik's ad is the track mileage and track hours. My old 996 GT3 had around 3,000 track miles out of 34,000 total miles, somewhere in the 35 track hours on the street engine that runs for 200 track hours easily. It must be way over 50k miles with the 4th owner now, and it runs strong as shown on recent videos.

Just a few days ago, a 997.1 RS went to a dealer on trade-in for $90k, over 15k miles, car hit the market at $100k days later, and it sold within 2 weeks of being traded-in.

There are only a handful of 997.1 GT3 RS (around 500 units), it is the best looking GT3 ever made and they are difficult to come by.
Old 07-17-2012 | 01:02 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have used Intercity with all my toys, they are the best.

Reliable Carriers is more expensive, and offers shorter pick-up/drop-off times.

Either one is at the top.

If you fly from Seattle, check trackweekend.com, and you might have the chance to run 1 or 2 track days locally before shipping the car to Seattle.
Old 07-17-2012 | 01:26 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

+1 On Intercity and spending a few days with the car in Florida
Old 07-17-2012 | 03:34 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
+1 On Intercity and spending a few days with the car in Florida
Welcome to the forums Jamie!

I've had an E46 M3 6-speed a while ago and while it was a very well rounded, enjoyable car, there is NO replacement for the visceral, driver-connected feeling you get with a Porsche GT3. Not only will you be smiling ear to ear, you'll be patting yourself on the back from all the savings as well.

I hope you'll find RL as helpful as I have. I stumbled upon RL when I was looking for the "right" 997.2 GT3. My situation was much like yours -> saw a great car, don't know why it's lasted so long on the market, and pulled the trigger quickly. (Found the thread below: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-2010-gt3.html)

I also live in the PNWR and completely relate to buying a car on the other side of the continent. As Peter mentioned, might give you better piece of mind to have the car PPI'd at Champion vs. Orbit (avoids conflict of interest). However, with Orbit's and Peter's (TRAKCAR) reputation, it removed all my fears of the typical asymmetric information when buying used cars.

+2 on doing a "Florida delivery". Enjoy the car at some world-class tracks with great people before taking the car home! Here's the link to my experience in FL last month: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...deo-heavy.html (can't ever thank Peter and Eddie at Orbit enough for the great memories for life! )
Old 07-17-2012 | 03:50 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Hope this gets done Erik, it's been up for sale for too long
Old 07-17-2012 | 04:32 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

If I find one like jenk12m's for $105k I'm snapping it up.

Quick Reply: FS: 2007 GT3RS - Orange