Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

FS: 2007 GT3RS - Orange

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 10:48 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Erik in a 3.8 RS is going to set the bar to new heights, he's the best of the Aero Beetle drivers, no off-roading, no 2 off, no 4-off, perfect line, Mr. Smooth.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:54 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Dog it's just...Brutal...real brutal! LOL

Congrat's Jamie...you're going to have a great ride across the USA! Keep a camera in the passenger seat because I'm sure you're going to get a lot of thumbs up on the way home.

If you are coming up I-75 through Tampa I'm right off exit 246 and would gladly meet you at this cool pizzeria right off that exit and buy you lunch.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTHO
CONGRATS Jamie! Drive safely and enjoy bonding with the car on your journey back home. Hope to see the car around the PNWR tracks soon.

CONGRATS Erik! Looks like I won't be driving TRAKCAR v1.0 at 2013 Winterfest at Sebring.
Stephen, you can always come down and drive it a few sessions, I have no problems with that, you drive nice and smooth. Clarke on the other hand.....
Old 07-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Erik in a 3.8 RS is going to set the bar to new heights, he's the best of the Aero Beetle drivers, no off-roading, no 2 off, no 4-off, perfect line, Mr. Smooth.
Rad, you're putting a lot of pressure on me.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:19 AM
DJN
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Erik
Car had 4.0 clutch and pressure plate installed less then 1K miles ago, Jamie should be fine for years
Originally Posted by 85Gold
Jamie,

....... I know if I was picking up a car on the Left Coast I would be hitting a few tracks before I shipped the car home. Eddie, Erik, myself, and other FL Rennlisters would make you welcome.

Peter
Originally Posted by mdrums
Dog it's just...Brutal...real brutal! LOL

.........If you are coming up I-75 through Tampa I'm right off exit 246 and would gladly meet you at this cool pizzeria right off that exit and buy you lunch.
Wow, these Florida Guys are great! Now I want buy a car there (and I ready have one!) !!!

Doug N
Old 07-20-2012, 01:23 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Erik
Stephen, you can always come down and drive it a few sessions, I have no problems with that, you drive nice and smooth. Clarke on the other hand.....
Thanks Erik! You're too kind.

Unlike Clarke, I try to leave a bit on the table and focus on driving smoothly. You've shown me that I can certainly be more aggressive and much more smooth at the same time!
Old 07-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

^Stephen,

I predict you'll be shopping for a blue .2RS next week...
Old 07-20-2012, 02:17 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 45 Posts

Tim - I need a shrink. My wife and close friends have told me that for years. PM sent
Old 07-21-2012, 03:20 AM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So for those curious, compression was 130 across the board and leak down was 2%. These are damn good numbers from any engine let alone one with 38000 miles that sees the track 20+ times per year!

I'm flying in my partner in our little BMW tuning company to help me drive home. No recline of the seats will be a bit uncomfy, but will keep us alert!

Total miles is about 3150 heading north to catch I 90 so we can stretch her legs across Montana. Figuring 10hours on thursday gets us around Nashville or so, 14 hours on Friday gets us to sioux Falls, another 14 gets us close to the Montana border, and another 8-10 and I'm home. Will be dropping my buddy at one if the major airports to get him back to DFW by monday.

I'll try to get picts and video up throughout the trip!!
Old 07-21-2012, 06:38 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,652 Likes on 768 Posts

Didn't Erik put his reclining stock seats back in? Should be comfy?

I hope you are packing radar detectors to make those times
Maybe put some fuel in the trunk too, this is going to be a cool trip :-)
Old 07-21-2012, 10:24 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

The seats aren't as bad as you think. The stocks or the fixed backs. I'm done some real high mileage journeys so far. It's not a Lincoln, but it's doable. So far I've done Minnesota to Florida, Florida to Boston, Florida to Atlanta, Florida to New Orleans, Florida to Birmingham, and Florida to Savannah. I suggest rolling up two t shirts as cushions. One for the left armrest and one for the right. Your elbows will get really sore if you don't. And twizzlers. Must have a big bag of twizzlers for any long road trip.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:25 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie_GT3
Howdy Gents, new to the forum and new to porsche, am a bmw guy, but a GT3 has been on my bucket list for a long time... spoke with Eric, Rodger and Eddie today about this sweet car. Will be getting the PPI done at orbit and if all goes well, flying out from Seattle to drive it/see it and hand over a check... Considered driving it home, but 3400 miles is a long way in a race car!! Will ship it, any recommendations for a shipping company?
Welcome to the club.
You bought this car very well and hope to see you on the west coast to get a photo of our two cars side by side! (i assume you will be at the Ridge at some point )

I have bought my last two RS porsches across country and had to drive them from one coast to the other. Made for a great trip, even with upright GT2 seats.
(i even slept in the car one night)

You could always have the car transported, but to take delivery in Florida is a great opportunity to get to meet the owner and to know the car! (street alignment will be needed to save tires for long haul)

You could always drive it across country with stock seats and ship the race buckets if Erik/Orbit was ok with it.....
My advise is to buy everything Erik has and ship it home. It is all pennies on the dollar for great stuff that you will want sooner than later.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:23 AM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
Welcome to the club.
You bought this car very well and hope to see you on the west coast to get a photo of our two cars side by side! (i assume you will be at the Ridge at some point )

I have bought my last two RS porsches across country and had to drive them from one coast to the other. Made for a great trip, even with upright GT2 seats.
(i even slept in the car one night)

You could always have the car transported, but to take delivery in Florida is a great opportunity to get to meet the owner and to know the car! (street alignment will be needed to save tires for long haul)

You could always drive it across country with stock seats and ship the race buckets if Erik/Orbit was ok with it.....
My advise is to buy everything Erik has and ship it home. It is all pennies on the dollar for great stuff that you will want sooner than later.
Thanks, I'll definitely see you at the ridge, and pacific. Need to get some NT01's mounted and the alignment checked. Looking forward to trying out the new car and driving it across country.

Originally Posted by deputydog95
The seats aren't as bad as you think. The stocks or the fixed backs. I'm done some real high mileage journeys so far. It's not a Lincoln, but it's doable. So far I've done Minnesota to Florida, Florida to Boston, Florida to Atlanta, Florida to New Orleans, Florida to Birmingham, and Florida to Savannah. I suggest rolling up two t shirts as cushions. One for the left armrest and one for the right. Your elbows will get really sore if you don't. And twizzlers. Must have a big bag of twizzlers for any long road trip.
Thanks for the advice and encouragement! I'll see about getting some gel keyboard mouse pads for me and my co-pilot!

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Didn't Erik put his reclining stock seats back in? Should be comfy?

I hope you are packing radar detectors to make those times
Maybe put some fuel in the trunk too, this is going to be a cool trip :-)
Valentine 1 is coming with me (crossing my fingers that there is a 12V to plug into!) I think the Euro GT3 seats are still in there.

I put this in the NT01 thread, but where are you guys buying your tires? figure I'll use the brain trust that is rennlist!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:57 AM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Car has nice comfy stock seats installed, Euro Seats will have to be shipped. I'm going to DMV right now to get a paper title that they don't issue anymore nowadays in FL and dropping all the stock parts off at Orbit.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:23 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

NT01 = Discount Tire Direct.

Peter

Quick Reply: FS: 2007 GT3RS - Orange