Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

My GT3RS project: "Airborne Ranger"

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012 | 10:04 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by deputydog95
I know where my drain plug is. I'll never touch it, but I do know where it is.
There is two, what is torque spec.....lol nevermind
Old 06-04-2012 | 10:27 PM
mdrums
Race Director

What med's are you on?
Originally Posted by Izzone
I appreciate the post

Just igone 98% of the comments, most people on forums would have a hard time finding the oil drain plug.......and your parts are just pretty pictures that are too complex for them to relate to.

Rad is a good guy, I like his style, and one of the few who has showed me some GT3 secrects.

FVD is first class....so is M&M......but so is Akra. Just different options for different folks.

and a guinea pig for a 4.0 build will bring tough comments. I hope it works out great, when Giesha goes kaboom I will be looking for a refresh option.

Im not crazy about messing with Porsche engineering / relaibility, but to some it makes the hobby more interesting
Old 06-04-2012 | 10:30 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mdrums
What med's are you on?
Tonight vicadin
Old 06-04-2012 | 10:38 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Tonight vicadin
Vicodin....
Old 06-05-2012 | 12:09 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Tonight vicadin
Nice...LOL
Old 06-05-2012 | 01:25 AM
cbweaver1
Racer

The entertainment just never stops on this one. Please keep it coming!

Old 06-05-2012 | 01:58 AM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

That exhaust looks so nice. The design of the headers is so similar to the RSR.
Old 06-05-2012 | 02:07 AM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

I appreciate the post

Just igone 98% of the comments, most people on forums would have a hard time finding the oil drain plug.......and your parts are just pretty pictures that are too complex for them to relate to.

Rad is a good guy, I like his style, and one of the few who has showed me some GT3 secrects.

FVD is first class....so is M&M......but so is Akra. Just different options for different folks.

and a guinea pig for a 4.0 build will bring tough comments. I hope it works out great, when Giesha goes kaboom I will be looking for a refresh option.

Im not crazy about messing with Porsche engineering / relaibility, but to some it makes the hobby more interesting
While I agree that Porsche engineers fantastic cars (which is why I two), I believe that they too cut corners to be profitable since their parent company is a listed company. In fact how do you think they maintain a operating margin of 18% which is twice that of their peers? They do so by being very profitable and have mastered the science of maintaining the delicate balance between what their clients want and what their shareholders demand. The existence of a huge third party industry supplying a whole of gamut of parts attests to this fact. Names you mentioned like Akra, Moton, Ohlins, Guards, Brembo...etc
Old 06-05-2012 | 02:47 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer
Just curious regarding who produces this crank?

Also, is Champion doing any reinforcement of the cam tensioners and cam adjusters per the RS 4.0?
I don't know that we're going to see much more in this thread.

FWIW, I recall that photo being a generic reference to their services and that's actually a crank and rods for a turbo. I dunno.

As for machine work, since Champ etches their brand onto things, I'm not sure that any of the "branded" OEMs would supply their product, so pistons and cylinders, rods, crank ... all could be reverse engineered from Porsche race parts, then machined locally. Then again, even the branding in a Web site advertisement pic could be just as easily a quickie photoshop.

Hopefully we can lay this thread to rest and another thread will pop up once the car is on track and had some chassis dyno runs, fly-by's and maybe some rolling drags against "known quantity" cars to get a feel for its outright performance.
Old 06-05-2012 | 11:35 AM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RSRanger
Frankly I will leave it up to Champion Motorosport but they never wanted anything to be posted. They know their work and do not need promo. It was I who pushed for the membership to be informed.
Now I regret my decision.
I was guaranteed, guaranteed, did I say guaranteed? YES guaranteed that if I returned to Champion Motorsport it would be for something else but NOT b/c of anything related to this engine build!!!!!
All around here (excluding Nick Wong) believe all other tuners/outfits are the greatest excluding Champion Motorsport.
Of course none of you understand this especially a sanctimonious NJ-GT who believes he knows everything.

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/g...-ranger-5.html

Curious observation that Champion told you this, but they are posting all over 6speedonline with basically a duplicate thread. Any project like this is going to get all kinds of opinions. Good luck on the build....
Old 06-05-2012 | 12:05 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Ranger...I don't understand what the big dang secret is about this build. Heck if this was me I'd be wanting to share my joy with everyone. Tom from Champion has your build posted all over 6speed.

As for me...I just think some people on these forums are full of themselves, have ego issues or let their type A personality get the best of them. However I'm the type that is glad to see someone getting a new car or doing a interesting build...I always hope these builds turn out awesome and reliable...so with that said I hope to see you someday out on the track with the DE Cup group.
Old 06-05-2012 | 12:18 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

I'm currently having evo in AZ put a blower on my car. Good cheap hp with a 2 week install time.
Old 06-05-2012 | 12:24 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

It's easy to be a critic. Most are ignorant.

Hell, even I have doubts about posting here, or anywhere for instance, a lot of the time. For instance I've decided today, from now on, not to post more than twice a day. No point bring verbose, if the point can't get across once there's no point trying again.

For the record I think Ranger said Champion didn't want to post here, not that they didn't want to post elsewhere.
Old 06-05-2012 | 12:28 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by The Greek
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/g...-ranger-5.html

Curious observation that Champion told you this, but they are posting all over 6speedonline with basically a duplicate thread. Any project like this is going to get all kinds of opinions. Good luck on the build....
you belong on six speed......man purse carrying Eurotrash
Old 06-05-2012 | 12:29 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
Nice...LOL
Recommend norco instead of Vicodin. Less acetaminophen then Vicodin. You guys drink- not good with livers. Mike

Quick Reply: My GT3RS project: "Airborne Ranger"