Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best bench racing thread... Ever!
Old 05-17-2012, 01:57 AM
jenk12m
Banned

World challenge slicks are tooooo much for a DE, but I'd fist pump a 2:17.5 when when the fiat can run 2:15 once all the coasting stops
Old 05-17-2012, 06:22 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Street tires (utqg 200+) for the October NASA event? we need to practice for OLOA 2013.
NO........
Old 05-17-2012, 06:33 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
NO........
They don't make slicks in 20" for the MP4 just yet, and aftermarket wheels are currently one-off projects.

Your car in Micheline Pilot Super Sports must be awesome, and we get to practice for OLOA 2013. The MrSideways (Ian) ran a 2:18 on street tires at Sebring in the Summer, so you can still break track record.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:52 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They don't make slicks in 20" for the MP4 just yet, and aftermarket wheels are currently one-off projects.

Your car in Micheline Pilot Super Sports must be awesome, and we get to practice for OLOA 2013. The MrSideways (Ian) ran a 2:18 on street tires at Sebring in the Summer, so you can still break track record.

I'm not buying a set for that. I have a stock pile of free tires in my basement, not buying street tires when I don't need to. And Ian has a lot of laps ay Sebring, I don't expect to bounce in there and match him immediately.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,690 Likes on 872 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
World challenge slicks are tooooo much for a DE, but I'd fist pump a 2:17.5 when when the fiat can run 2:15 once all the coasting stops
...and the braking in Bishops....
Old 05-17-2012, 10:43 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Rad, thanks for posting a video of me at Winterfest (see lap 2 of Rad's Winterfest video in post #517, I am in the black GT3 (non-RS) coming out of pits with cold Hooisers) - I guess the tires were warmed up enough by the time I dusted you in Bishops. lol
But your Fiat sure handles well on the back straight. lololololol
Old 05-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,690 Likes on 872 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Rad, thanks for posting a video of me at Winterfest (see lap 2 of Rad's Winterfest video in post #517, I am in the black GT3 (non-RS) coming out of pits with cold Hooisers) - I guess the tires were warmed up enough by the time I dusted you in Bishops. lol
ouch

Old 05-17-2012, 10:48 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
...and the braking in Bishops....
My Fiat needs to brake before Bishop. If no braking done, the car would enter Bishop Bend at 125 mph (real speed) and with no rear traction (car has 10 lbs of lift at that speed, my car even more due to wider tires), you'll bury the Fiat in the wall on entrance, guaranteed.

The 3.8RS gets to the same point 12-13mph slower, much slower speed and massive downforce rather than lift, yes you can keep it floored.

But I could be wrong, so take a F430 and enter Bishop Bend at 125mph (gps speed), if you do it, I will bring the good Absinthe or single malt to celebrate your survival.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Detour
Advanced

My Fiat needs to brake before Bishop. If no braking done, the car would enter Bishop Bend at 125 mph (real speed) and with no rear traction (car has 10 lbs of lift at that speed, my car even more due to wider tires), you'll bury the Fiat in the wall on entrance, guaranteed.

The 3.8RS gets to the same point 12-13mph slower, much slower speed and massive downforce rather than lift, yes you can keep it floored.

But I could be wrong, so take a F430 and enter Bishop Bend at 125mph (gps speed), if you do it, I will bring the good Absinthe or single malt to celebrate your survival.
Does Rennlist have an award for the guy who has an answer for everything? If so, Rad is my proud nominee for his efforts in this post alone. If you take all of his posts together, there would simply be no room for a second place finisher.... Which of course would be Randy.... or the Greek..... or DDog..... Need a larger podium now that I start to think about it.....
Old 05-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Doesnt braking at entrance cause the car to unsettle?

Since fiat is less HP than aero beetle whey do you carry so much more speed at the entrance?
Old 05-17-2012, 11:07 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3DE
on that lap, I hit the pot hole on the outside of bishop (look at g and speed compared to other laps), slowed down waiting for a flat tire, broken control arm or bend wheel, nothing happened, back to normal pace, went by you and Grady like sitting ducks, despite all the space I gave up at Bishop. You guys are slow.

My brakes are working quite well now, there were not at Winterfest, this is why my Fiat wanted to t-bone your AeroBeetle at track entrance.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:12 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Izzone
Doesnt braking at entrance cause the car to unsettle?

Since fiat is less HP than aero beetle whey do you carry so much more speed at the entrance?
check G gauge on the videos, braking done before entrance, then gas to load the rear-end and get some lateral traction (at a slower speed).

Fiat has to be driven to believe it, this is why I lose to my GT3 RS at the bowl on Cal Speedway, and I lose to the winged cars at the Homestead Grand-Am bowl, and pretty much any high speed turn.

The F430 Challenge with the FIA-GT3 wing goes by Bishop flat-out, I have the tech specs on that wing, and makes the 4.0RS downforce numbers look small.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

on that lap, I hit the pot hole on the outside of bishop (look at g and speed compared to other laps), slowed down waiting for a flat tire, broken control arm or bend wheel, nothing happened, back to normal pace, went by you and Grady like sitting ducks, despite all the space I gave up at Bishop. You guys are slow.

My brakes are working quite well now, there were not at Winterfest, this is why my Fiat wanted to t-bone your AeroBeetle at track entrance.
you have my email......please send data

velocity vs time graph will be helpful
Old 05-17-2012, 11:23 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Paul,

The Randy, The Greek & The Clarke give you a warm welcome to the Gold DE Cup.

Jenkins, mdrums and Deputy will miss you in the Coffee DE Cup.

Quick Reply: Any 4.0's for sale?