Mancation; Road America-Calabogie-Tremblant-Mosport....OH CANADA

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 05:24 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
95F sweating!

Mid 1:30's still best time. We got faster, track got hotter and slicker.

I just play camera man and tape the lunatics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMWsXBZOJO4
Oops, forgot to say "thank you for the ride" of Tbolt. That was a fun watch. Even with the parts with the dirt runners!
Old 07-26-2012, 05:29 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
95F sweating!

Mid 1:30's still best time. We got faster, track got hotter and slicker.

I just play camera man and tape the lunatics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMWsXBZOJO4
How many Black Flags and 4-off did GT3DE pull today? He seems to have run out of French Blue crack stuff?

Nice driving, fun track. Lap times in the 1:30s on RA1 are solid.

I bet Izzone is still in 1st place at the Thunderbolt DE Cup.

Trakcar 1.1's clutch seems to be holding well so far.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:40 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
Oops, forgot to say "thank you for the ride" of Tbolt. That was a fun watch. Even with the parts with the dirt runners!
LOL> Thank you. Where are you??!! You could have schooled us here at your home track

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
How many Black Flags and 4-off did GT3DE pull today? He seems to have run out of French Blue crack stuff?

Nice driving, fun track. Lap times in the 1:30s on RA1 are solid.

I bet Izzone is still in 1st place at the Thunderbolt DE Cup.

Trakcar 1.1's clutch seems to be holding well so far.
Mr. Spin a lot did not get a black flag. I guess they know him here and that it is all part of the repartoir :-)

I tried longer harder. Miserable lurning curve, I am sure it's not pretty, but these are the last 3 laps of the day. All I had and just enough. Love to get a do-over on a below 98F day.. I am exhausted, you know you are getting faster and finding time, but the timer barely shows it.
I had to beat up the car pretty good. PP is giving up slowly but surely. Randy and Clarke both got high temp warnings or limp mode.

At least I kept it on track. There are not too many walls and the possibility of a spin or 4 wheels off was pretty good for me today ;-)

No I go drink beer and cool down>

Thanks John (luv2race)for making this happen for us today. Awesome. We owe you one.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 101 Posts

Nice! They love right hand corners there at NJMP....I'm guessing the drivers front takes a beating.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:09 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

^ Peter (or Reter ? lol) - Looks like a pretty good and fast learning curve! Apex speeds are good everywhere but T8. Using your vid, from 2:26 you hold good steering angle from T7 to 2:29. At 2:30 look ahead and you will see the bleachers at the esses. Aim for them, ie, open the wheel and brake there. Yes really early and relatively lightly. Look R and when you can first see (or earlier as you get the timing down) the curbing bend R, turn in (yes early). At apex, open the wheel, or you will spin or go off as you've documented, lol, and drive straight to the bottom, L side, on throttle (essentially crossing the track from R to L, from top to bottom, T8-T9). Ride the inside like you've been doing - cant do much more than what you are doing - be patient. Your T8 apex speed is dropping to 45 mph. Try to get it to 50+mph. I can do this in a stock (but for GT3 LCAs) 7.2C2S on Nittos, so you can too. I do 32s. So given the heat you are about right once you get that corner down... Very good driving! BTW, best summer laps at NJMP are the first ones in the AM so hit it hard early... GL & Best.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:39 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your there tomorrow I can take a quick look at your data Need to adjust T4 (no downshift) and use more track to the left entering T5 (toss away 5 for more speed in T4). Stay more left leaving the octopus left hand sweeper to straighten the essess to the bridge. Good speed in T3, T6. I will be there working with several GT3 drivers. Hope the rain holds off.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

LOL
Old 07-26-2012, 07:56 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Originally Posted by cello
^ Peter (or Reter ? lol) - Looks like a pretty good and fast learning curve! Apex speeds are good everywhere but T8. Using your vid, from 2:26 you hold good steering angle from T7 to 2:29. At 2:30 look ahead and you will see the bleachers at the esses. Aim for them, ie, open the wheel and brake there. Yes really early and relatively lightly. Look R and when you can first see (or earlier as you get the timing down) the curbing bend R, turn in (yes early). At apex, open the wheel, or you will spin or go off as you've documented, lol, and drive straight to the bottom, L side, on throttle (essentially crossing the track from R to L, from top to bottom, T8-T9). Ride the inside like you've been doing - cant do much more than what you are doing - be patient. Your T8 apex speed is dropping to 45 mph. Try to get it to 50+mph. I can do this in a stock (but for GT3 LCAs) 7.2C2S on Nittos, so you can too. I do 32s. So given the heat you are about right once you get that corner down... Very good driving! BTW, best summer laps at NJMP are the first ones in the AM so hit it hard early... GL & Best.
Thanks! I will try it.

Originally Posted by bobt993
If your there tomorrow I can take a quick look at your data Need to adjust T4 (no downshift) and use more track to the left entering T5 (toss away 5 for more speed in T4). Stay more left leaving the octopus left hand sweeper to straighten the essess to the bridge. Good speed in T3, T6. I will be there working with several GT3 drivers. Hope the rain holds off.
I agree no reason to downshift I agree. Just trying different thing and with grip going off so dramatically I tried over slowing and gear down. It was not needed when we started. I was staying more left in T5 but noticed cars in front had more exit speed and again every lap less grip. Just trying. I started with all left. Ideal might be middle?

Thanks!!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:59 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bobt993
Umm, guys, do take advantage of this offer... Bob is very good... Here is a vid -

Peter:
@ 15:39 is an example of the T8 entry (altho pinched - not as wide L before turn in - as a result of the race, etc) done right...
Old 07-26-2012, 08:25 PM
cwhota
Instructor

I like Clarke style !!!! was he on Crack or hoo hoo ??? for the rest , nice track and nice driving Wish i was there

996 is back in shape with a 40RS PP
Old 07-26-2012, 08:36 PM
luv2race
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 221 Posts

Hey guys and Sly, pleasure meeting all of you today. Hopefully I can join you in the future...point by ready. Enjoy tomorrow and safe travels back.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:36 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cwhota
I like Clarke style !!!! was he on Crack or hoo hoo ??? for the rest , nice track and nice driving Wish i was there

996 is back in shape with a 40RS PP
Now, stop running skinny wheels and tires, that car was built to run near 996 GT3 Cup lap times, and it did.

Clarke drifting on Michelin slicks is a great sight, few people have the skills to drift on slicks.

Nice that your car is fixed, I have a mother load of Sebring data for you to study before Winterfest, and I think I had a lot of seat time in your car, it would put to shame a lot of the newer hardware, perfect Sebring GT3.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:47 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cello
Umm, guys, do take advantage of this offer... Bob is very good... Here is a vid -

Peter: http://vimeo.com/27260784 @ 15:39 is an example of the T8 entry (altho pinched - not as wide L before turn in - as a result of the race, etc) done right...
What a top class level of driving, it puts to shame a lot of club racers on much faster cars.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:53 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
There are 4 possible configurations at Thunderbolt due to the two chicanes.

PCA CR times use the 2nd chicane. The same configuration applies to GrandAm DP/GT/GS/ST.

NASA NorthEast runs w/o chicanes, the TTS class record (where the 996 and early 997 GT3 runs) is a 1:28.3, while the TTU records (where the 3.8RS and 4.0RS runs) is a 1:25.9. TTS and TTU allow Hoosiers, TTU allow slicks, slicks should give 3 secs at NJMP-T, so Izzone is doing pretty good.

996 GT3 Cup with the last chicane ran 1:30 at this year's PCA CR.
Pretty sure you can run slicks in any class if you add the points.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:02 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Hearing you laugh as he went off mightve been the best part

Quick Reply: Mancation; Road America-Calabogie-Tremblant-Mosport....OH CANADA