Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

PCA Suncoast is joking right?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 12:35 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,645 Likes on 763 Posts

I might cancel Saturday and Sunday.
The slowmotion first sessions of last year are coming back to me...

I'll dig through my files see if I have some video of the first sessions of last year. Horrable.
Coolest thing is all the Porsches there and the night driving..
Old 11-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I might cancel Saturday and Sunday.
The slowmotion first sessions of last year are coming back to me...

I'll dig through my files see if I have some video of the first sessions of last year. Horrable.
Coolest thing is all the Porsches there and the night driving..
So cancel, go sit on couch bored

I'll be drinking beer with Erik
Old 11-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,604 Likes on 2,343 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
One more reason that I don't enjoy driving with PCA.

This is the email that I just got about the 48hs.

Eduardo,

We think that you should have another year of seat time to qualify for the 48 hours, thus I will have to cancel your registration.
Keep working hard and not be at all down about this as we have to be very concerned as to who is on the track.

Page Obenshain
St. Petersburg Yacht Sales & Service LLC
more importantly, I'm very sorry to see that your dog died... RIP little fella.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:49 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
more importantly, I'm very sorry to see that your dog died... RIP little fella.
Thank you.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Screw it Eddie, go run where you are wanted. No need to beg

Peter
Exactly. Screw them.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:32 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Izzone
So cancel, go sit on couch bored

I'll be drinking beer with Erik
Oh, I will be drinking beer and drewl over Porsches. This is a drinking and drewling event, not so much a driving event....

I don't think the schedule is out yet, I have to check it out.
I really like the part where we can drive at night and drive between CUP cars from all over the country in their first practice session. Maybe just do those..

If I remember right the first few sessions Saturday and Sunday were parade laps where Eddie would post fastest lap in is wife's Toureg if there were actual point by's.
Disagreements about open passing or not, when and were, etc. Maybe i'll just drink beers in the bleachers Sat + Sun watch the races, go to the race tents and pay less for the event..

Someone deemed me sensible enough to lead out the group and even at 80MPH we caught traffic on lap 1 early in the day.

I just remember lot's of politicing, Erik needed a checkout ride LOL to be allowed in faster group because he's not a Suncoast PCA member, even other PCA groups vouching for him etc.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

My Opinion......for what it is worth

Most of the DE clubs have politics. They are all clubs for guys to go out and enjoy their cars. I do not see anything wrong with a club strictly enforcing the rules they put in place so they can have their members who meet the rulees run

All of these clubs have rules, the club makes the rules and enforces them as they see fit.

If any of us do not like the "rules", take action and get involved with the club to form rules that you belive are fair. If not buy a race car and race.....you will enjoy open lapping with no finger passing. You just need a race license.

There is nothing wrong with a club being over cautious, becuase you go online and will out some paperwork / pay money does not make you "qualified"

I just ran a Suncoast DE this past weekend, drove the Yellow session once with Rad in my car and Nick following. We never got a clean lap......it was by far one of the funniest times I have had at DE in a while.

PBOC has the same poiltics....you just have to play them. Try running PBOC non super solo......it is worse quality of drivers than PCA by far

Remember, most DE clubs outside of PCA were formed by guys who wanted their own set of rules.......Chin was formed exactly that way

I used to race, most of the complaints that are filed here you will not have if you race......

I have considered in the future buying a less horsepower car to DE in (boxter spyder). The corners are the most fun, and the HP of a 3.8 GT3 just gets you there quicker and eats more brakes
Old 11-14-2011, 02:56 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
My Opinion......for what it is worth
I just ran a Suncoast DE this past weekend, drove the Yellow session once with Rad in my car and Nick following. We never got a clean lap......it was by far one of the funniest times I have had at DE in a while.
I got the heck out of your way... I know better.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:59 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't agree with you. If they OPEN the registration, and the registration is open to PCA members and PORSCHE owners, what is the criteria they choose to say who is OK to run or Who is not OK. The point is that in my case there was no criteria, there were no questions asked, there were no information to back up their decision. So tell me what makes drivers QUALIFIED ?
Being an instructor ?
If there were a reason besides open more spots for those they now, maybe it would be fine.
If the case is just for Suncoast, so registration should be open first for those who are from Suncoast, and than for other groups, associations, or PCA regions.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:02 PM
my911rs
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Suncoast gives a bad name to PCA, always have. They have their own ways, and they collectively believe in their own BS, and always protect each other.

My last event with them was about 6 years ago. That was an instructor school, which I did pass successfully. During the event they insisted (I did put on a fight...) that their instructor would be driving my 996 Carrera 2 during coaching sessions. After the instructor missed a shift (5th to 2nd) on Sebring's back straight, I had him stop the car and had a talk with him. He explained that he normally drives a 944 and the 911 gear change is different. Anyways, he insisted that we need to go out and complete the session. I should have known better but relented. To my chagrin he did the same thing again, this time at a higher speed, causing engine damage. I was furious but got no sympathy (never mind a sense of responsibility) at all from Suncoast. As you know they can't be in the wrong because they are perfect.

Luckily, Porsche fixed the engine under warranty
Old 11-14-2011, 03:11 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Just got my confirmed cancel email...I'm out. I had a horrible time this Saturday with Suncoast PCA...a group I've been running with for 6 years but the politics and that the head of DE works at Bert Smith Porsche they have it in for me. I'm still upset over the way the head of DE talked down to me, accused me of and overal treated me. Bert Smith and I are having a dispute on service work done when my GTS was delivered and a scratch they put on the car. Plus the way they treated Eddie was the final straw for me.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:13 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like i wont be at 48hrs. i'll just run by myself at winterfest and watch all you guys in super solo
Old 11-14-2011, 03:23 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Eddie,

The 48 hours of Sebring is a very important event for the Florida regions. People come from everywhere for this event. Great opportunity for many PCA members, so naturally it is over subscribed.

The PCA National office has guidelines, then each Zone has another set of specific guidelines, and each PCA chapter has its unique idiosyncrasy.

Here are some recommendations that apply to any club, not just PCA, but every club:

1.- Participate in their events, social, DE, race, autoX, rallies, be an active member.
2.- Identify areas of improvements, and make recommendations, what is called constructive criticism.
3.- Help the organizers, it is a lot of work to run something as simple as an autoX, or something as complex as a Club Race or Instructor's school.
4.- Submit driving credentials. Include track days, organizations, dates, and be sure to include references.

If you think this is bad, please send them a letter and have them respond to you in written.

I tried for a few years to get to the Porsche Parade autoX, this is the equivalent to the National Porsche Autocross Championship, for a little while I accepted that being in the Porsche Parade autocross was a privilege, not a right. My intention was to run the Parade AutoX and get 1st overall, I had the car to do it. Finally, the year I was accepted (2009) was the year I sold the GT3 RS, I had the Cayman back them, but no way the Cayman could get first overall.

PCA is a great organization, it is not perfect, but it is vastly better than other organizations. Try a Ferrari Club event, and you will understand, or try a Lamborghini or Nissan Club (you had a Gallardo and GTR), and you will understand even better.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:25 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
sounds like i wont be at 48hrs. i'll just run by myself at winterfest and watch all you guys in super solo
Mike, never fear I'll try to keep you company in the non SUPER DUPER Group.

Peter
Old 11-14-2011, 03:39 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Eddie,

The PCA National office has guidelines, then each Zone has another set of specific guidelines, and each PCA chapter has its unique idiosyncrasy.
48 hours is a spectacular event. This will be my 3rd one only since I only have a Porsche for 3 years.
It must be tough to organize and there are rules to be followed. I understand but would it hurt to take a page out of the Gold coast, Crown, Citrus operational manual?

Quick Reply: PCA Suncoast is joking right?