PCA Suncoast is joking right?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 03:49 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Eddie,

The 48 hours of Sebring is a very important event for the Florida regions. People come from everywhere for this event. Great opportunity for many PCA members, so naturally it is over subscribed.

The PCA National office has guidelines, then each Zone has another set of specific guidelines, and each PCA chapter has its unique idiosyncrasy.

Here are some recommendations that apply to any club, not just PCA, but every club:

1.- Participate in their events, social, DE, race, autoX, rallies, be an active member.
2.- Identify areas of improvements, and make recommendations, what is called constructive criticism.
3.- Help the organizers, it is a lot of work to run something as simple as an autoX, or something as complex as a Club Race or Instructor's school.
4.- Submit driving credentials. Include track days, organizations, dates, and be sure to include references.

If you think this is bad, please send them a letter and have them respond to you in written.

I tried for a few years to get to the Porsche Parade autoX, this is the equivalent to the National Porsche Autocross Championship, for a little while I accepted that being in the Porsche Parade autocross was a privilege, not a right. My intention was to run the Parade AutoX and get 1st overall, I had the car to do it. Finally, the year I was accepted (2009) was the year I sold the GT3 RS, I had the Cayman back them, but no way the Cayman could get first overall.

PCA is a great organization, it is not perfect, but it is vastly better than other organizations. Try a Ferrari Club event, and you will understand, or try a Lamborghini or Nissan Club (you had a Gallardo and GTR), and you will understand even better.
Rad,

I'm not really the type of guy that will be helping on a event, specially when all I want to do is hang out and drive. I always try to have the most track time possible. I'm not gonna fool myself or other people.

I did 2 PCA events this year, if it count for something. I'm not the most social person in the world, but I'm always polite to everyone that is the same way to me. I was ready to provide any kind of information, if requested, but it wasn't.
Maybe they are just to good for me....
Old 11-14-2011, 04:35 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone

All of these clubs have rules, the club makes the rules and enforces them as they see fit.

If any of us do not like the "rules", take action and get involved with the club to form rules that you belive are fair. If not buy a race car and race.....you will enjoy open lapping with no finger passing. You just need a race license.
These are the most salient points of this conversation. If [the royal] you don't like how a certain club runs its events, go to a different club's events or - better yet - rent the track yourself. I know personally both of the Suncoast PCA guys mentioned in this thread, and they're both stand-up people. If you don't like how they've treated you, go to a different club's events. Nobody's telling you to attend every Sebring event with every club.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Eddie,

The 48 hours of Sebring is a very important event for the Florida regions. People come from everywhere for this event. Great opportunity for many PCA members, so naturally it is over subscribed.

The PCA National office has guidelines, then each Zone has another set of specific guidelines, and each PCA chapter has its unique idiosyncrasy.

Here are some recommendations that apply to any club, not just PCA, but every club:

1.- Participate in their events, social, DE, race, autoX, rallies, be an active member.
2.- Identify areas of improvements, and make recommendations, what is called constructive criticism.
3.- Help the organizers, it is a lot of work to run something as simple as an autoX, or something as complex as a Club Race or Instructor's school.
4.- Submit driving credentials. Include track days, organizations, dates, and be sure to include references.

If you think this is bad, please send them a letter and have them respond to you in written.

I tried for a few years to get to the Porsche Parade autoX, this is the equivalent to the National Porsche Autocross Championship, for a little while I accepted that being in the Porsche Parade autocross was a privilege, not a right. My intention was to run the Parade AutoX and get 1st overall, I had the car to do it. Finally, the year I was accepted (2009) was the year I sold the GT3 RS, I had the Cayman back them, but no way the Cayman could get first overall.

PCA is a great organization, it is not perfect, but it is vastly better than other organizations. Try a Ferrari Club event, and you will understand, or try a Lamborghini or Nissan Club (you had a Gallardo and GTR), and you will understand even better.
+1.........Rad you said it right

I always try to help out / volunteer.

Eddie.....I know you just want to drive, just play the politics and the pieces fit in the puzzle

Mdrums.....you should become active in Suncoast and help form it how you want. Amy G is super involved, a pleaseure to deal with the entire event
Old 11-14-2011, 04:40 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Old 11-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
These are the most salient points of this conversation. If [the royal] you don't like how a certain club runs its events, go to a different club's events or - better yet - rent the track yourself. I know personally both of the Suncoast PCA guys mentioned in this thread, and they're both stand-up people. If you don't like how they've treated you, go to a different club's events. Nobody's telling you to attend every Sebring event with every club.
thanks

sometimes I think people loose sight of the fact that most of these events are "drivers schools" in a club enviroment. Traqmate lap times become more important than a proper safe line / having fun.

I hope The Greek chimes in.....him and I drove Yellow (the slower group from Red) for a session and came off the track lauging are a$$ off we had so much fun.

If finger passing , etiuqite, safe driving bother you proceed to NASA HPDE4 or TT. You will not have to deal with any PCA politics (they have their own) and take any pass you want.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:46 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

+1.........Rad you said it right

I always try to help out / volunteer.

Eddie.....I know you just want to drive, just play the politics and the pieces fit in the puzzle

Mdrums.....you should become active in Suncoast and help form it how you want. Amy G is super involved, a pleaseure to deal with the entire event
Randy,

Please tell me what kind of criteria, and chance they gave me to email, call, fax,mail any kind of reference and driving records.
I honestly don't care about that, if all they want is someone hanging on their *****, to run the event and the event is worth it, so be it.
Maybe I can see it, so if you could point the politics points here I would be very glad.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:47 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

So please tell me what kind of criteria was enforced in this case ?
Rent the track to yourself ? Don't try to be a smart *** my friend. Who said that I want to attend every single one of them.
I really don't care who the hell I talked to ... all I want to know was WHAT KIND OF CRITERIA is being taken to choose who drives and who doesn't.
I really don't get your point.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:48 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Rent the track to yourself ? Don't try to be a smart *** my friend. Who said that I want to attend every single one of them.
I really don't care who the hell I talked to ... all I want to know was WHAT KIND OF CRITERIA is being taken to choose who drives and who doesn't.
The point is that the criteria is subjective. Based on your original post, it looks like someone thought you needed more seat time.

And if you don't want to attend every Sebring event then... don't.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:49 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

The point is that the criteria is subjective. Based on your original post, it looks like someone thought you needed more seat time.

And if you don't want to attend every Sebring event then... don't.
My friend, the point is that they DONT have my driving records, they didn't ask for it, they have no clue about it. got the point ?
Old 11-14-2011, 04:53 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

@ Randy, let's use the incident at PBOC, do you really thought that your little ran off track was enough to take you out of Super Solo ?
No of course not, but according to them they have rules. It was based on their rules that they put you out for that particular event.
In my case I didn't get the point...
Again there is no problem in doing the ''politics'', we all screw at some point and will need the extra help, not arguing about that.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:54 PM
my911rs
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess what a lot of people say here, that they would indeed avoid Suncoast. There's always Citrus, Gold-coast and Crown - all better choices. It's their group thinking with total arrogance that is why. Not necessarily tied to any one individual, but reflected by many.
Then again PBOC and Chin are better clubs than PCA for people in advanced solo / instructor groups.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:55 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 776 Posts

He has a lot of seat time, more then most. That's weird.

Who knows, they run our club and they can do whatever they want and 48hours could be sold a multiple times if more room was available.
I understand Eddie does not like to be kicked out like that. No realistic specifics where given, just a rude we kicked you out e-mail. We're just having fun, a litlle friendlier e-mail would have been cool I guess.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Eddie.....love you like a brother

I got turned down last year, was real bummed about it (couldnt drink beer with Peter and Erik). I called Page and had a nice experience taking about why I was turned down.

At the end of the conversation I asked what I needed to do in the next 12 months to become qualified for the follwing year. This year I made a point to do those items (attned insttuctor school, goto a few Sebring events with suncoast ect.....). I signed up this year and was accepted no problem.

PCA is run like a club......not really a business. Chin (another fantastic "club") is really a for profit business. Just a different philosphy in track rental / usuage

think about the positives.....you are running with a bunch of guys they know are qualified based on attending PCA type events. Id rather have a strict entrance than go through what Peter and I did at Mid Ohio with NASA

Me....I['ll never goto another NASA DE event. Id rather take slow and safe over inexperienced and dangerous
Old 11-14-2011, 04:59 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
He has a lot of seat time, more then most. That's weird.

Who knows, they run our club and they can do whatever they want and 48hours could be sold a multiple times if more room was available.
I understand Eddie does not like to be kicked out like that. No realistic specifics where given, just a rude we kicked you out e-mail. We're just having fun, a litlle friendlier e-mail would have been cool I guess.
Thank you Peter, that's what I was trying to say, if they see me driving and get my records, and say, NO GOOD. Ok, fine nothing that I can do.
The point was for no reason. that's all
And a guy that I have no clue who he is, tells me to rent the track to myself ?
grow up.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:02 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Eddie.....love you like a brother

I got turned down last year, was real bummed about it (couldnt drink beer with Peter and Erik). I called Page and had a nice experience taking about why I was turned down.

At the end of the conversation I asked what I needed to do in the next 12 months to become qualified for the follwing year. This year I made a point to do those items (attned insttuctor school, goto a few Sebring events with suncoast ect.....). I signed up this year and was accepted no problem.

PCA is run like a club......not really a business. Chin (another fantastic "club") is really a for profit business. Just a different philosphy in track rental / usuage
Randy, sorry this post wasn't for you... that's why I deleted, and actually quoted.
I get your point, but don't think it was fair anyway.

I do too buddy, NO HOMO LOL

Quick Reply: PCA Suncoast is joking right?