Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

PCA Suncoast is joking right?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 10:25 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCA Suncoast is joking right?

One more reason that I don't enjoy driving with PCA.

This is the email that I just got about the 48hs.

Eduardo,

We think that you should have another year of seat time to qualify for the 48 hours, thus I will have to cancel your registration.
Keep working hard and not be at all down about this as we have to be very concerned as to who is on the track.

Page Obenshain
St. Petersburg Yacht Sales & Service LLC

Last edited by 911SLOW; 11-14-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: OP request
Old 11-14-2011, 10:51 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Call me.......and you of all drivers!!!!!

I wonder if each of us, Me, Reter, Randy, Rad who are all PCA Instructors for Suncoast wrote a letter to Page and explained to him your driving skills and years of track time would help?
Old 11-14-2011, 10:58 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Eddie, I just checked the 48hrs list and not only did you get the email they took your name off the list. Dang!
Old 11-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I think that is a "p!$$ poor" attempt at writing a letter. Dude doesn't really offer a real explanation as to why. Just a sorry buddy it looks like these other folks over here who I know much better than you can get on the grid. Reminds me of that ole F1 Mafioso Bernie.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:03 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, pretty harsh email. bloke doesn't display much tact, i'm surprised he didn't txt you
Old 11-14-2011, 11:09 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Originally Posted by mdrums
Call me.......and you of all drivers!!!!!

I wonder if each of us, Me, Reter, Randy, Rad who are all PCA Instructors for Suncoast wrote a letter to Page and explained to him your driving skills and years of track time would help?
I sent her a message asking what criteria they choose their drivers, also explaining my experience.

No reply !

Originally Posted by mdrums
Eddie, I just checked the 48hrs list and not only did you get the email they took your name off the list. Dang!
Yes, they canceled and took me out of the list.

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Personally I think that is a "p!$$ poor" attempt at writing a letter. Dude doesn't really offer a real explanation as to why. Just a sorry buddy it looks like these other folks over here who I know much better than you can get on the grid. Reminds me of that ole F1 Mafioso Bernie.
Not fun ...

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
yeah, pretty harsh email. bloke doesn't display much tact, i'm surprised he didn't txt you
Can't believe either.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
One more reason that I don't enjoy driving with PCA.

This is the email that I just got about the 48hs.

Eduardo,

We think that you should have another year of seat time to qualify for the 48 hours, thus I will have to cancel your registration.
Keep working hard and not be at all down about this as we have to be very concerned as to who is on the track.

Page Obenshain
St. Petersburg Yacht Sales & Service LLC
It's suncoast way of getting drivers who they are friends with in
Old 11-14-2011, 11:13 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Not gonna go down without a fight LOL
Old 11-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 806 Likes on 468 Posts

I know it's not fully related but I saw similar "preferences" at PCA Concours events here in New England. While these "preferences" didn't affect me directly it did rub me the wrong way to see the same people winning and watching others who deserved to win lose out.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:44 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Well spoke to the ''gentleman'' on the phone, and basically he told me that there is no way around it.
I asked him what criteria were they using, and all you hear is well bla bla bla...

They never asked for reference and this is the way of they guarantee their friends in !

Really really frustrated !
Old 11-14-2011, 11:53 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 781 Likes on 451 Posts

Well spoke to the ''gentleman'' on the phone, and basically he told me that there is no way around it.
I asked him what criteria were they using, and all you hear is well bla bla bla...

They never asked for reference and this is the way of they guarantee their friends in !

Screw it Eddie, go run where you are wanted. No need to beg

Peter
Old 11-14-2011, 11:56 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

I agree, but what I really don't believe is in this kind of politics. what a freaking joke.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
I know it's not fully related but I saw similar "preferences" at PCA Concours events here in New England. While these "preferences" didn't affect me directly it did rub me the wrong way to see the same people winning and watching others who deserved to win lose out.
Have you heard some of the stories of folks trying to get their cars into Barret Jackson and then getting snubbed later on?
Old 11-14-2011, 12:01 PM
jp175
Racer

Eddie -

We have always referred to Suncoast as "Slowcoast". They probably are not admitting you because you will make their drivers look bad.

The traffic jam in the 48hours is the worst you will ever experience. From a drivers perspective, this may be a good event to skip.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:09 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Have you heard some of the stories of folks trying to get their cars into Barret Jackson and then getting snubbed later on?
Probably the same kind of people with safety bar sticked up to their **** orifice.

Originally Posted by jp175
Eddie -

We have always referred to Suncoast as "Slowcoast". They probably are not admitting you because you will make their drivers look bad.

The traffic jam in the 48hours is the worst you will ever experience. From a drivers perspective, this may be a good event to skip.
I never knew that was bad, but is always a great opportunity to have fun and be with friends.

Quick Reply: PCA Suncoast is joking right?