Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2010 GT3RS Aqua Blue/Gold Track-Day Special For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 02:25 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

if car did not have salvage title it would worth something restored back to stock. with salvaged title it is only worth something as a track car - salvaged tub with fresh powertrain and perhaps 50% of mods price. GLWS anyway, no offense meant to seller but it is better to be realistic up front. car had most of original value before it met the wall. now it is a different story.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:54 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jaa1
you can never properly "clear" a salvage title... once you repair and register a salvage title car, you get a 'rebuilt salvage' title..

the only state where its possible to turn a salvage title into a clean title is Kentucky, but even then the carfax and autocheck will show that it has been salvaged..

the other problem with salvage or rebuilt salvage titles is that you can't get financing from traditional banks.. a credit union that you have had a long relationship with might give you half the market value of the salvage car..

A cash buyer is a beautiful thing
Old 10-07-2011, 03:12 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Pete! Say it ain't so!!!

Old 10-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
if car did not have salvage title it would worth something restored back to stock. with salvaged title it is only worth something as a track car - salvaged tub with fresh powertrain and perhaps 50% of mods price. GLWS anyway, no offense meant to seller but it is better to be realistic up front. car had most of original value before it met the wall. now it is a different story.
Even more of a reason to not modify and track street cars... hit a wall... value goes down the tubes... as title issues, street-car buyer mentality, etc. etc. destroys value... in a race car, who cares... fix it and you're good to go... no real impact on value, so long as tub is good, all work is done by reputable race shop, and any accidents/hits are disclosed upfront.. then all is okay.....
Old 10-07-2011, 04:13 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
Even more of a reason to not modify and track street cars... hit a wall... value goes down the tubes... as title issues, street-car buyer mentality, etc. etc. destroys value... in a race car, who cares... fix it and you're good to go... no real impact on value, so long as tub is good, all work is done by reputable race shop, and any accidents/hits are disclosed upfront.. then all is okay.....
and ... if you hit something hard enough in a Cup then just get a spanking new tub from PMNA ($25K) and transfer everything over including the VIN tag and you are as good as new. I hope this will never happen to me but if it does, I will get the 7.2 Cup tub and update my 07 to the 10 spec. No way you can do that in a street car

Pete, GLWS
Old 10-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,823 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
take the car to a shop, put it back to stock and sell it as the lowest priced .2RS in the country.

take all you parts and have a garage sale.

this will be the fastest way to move the car.

I have been there, done that. trust me.
Call first dibs on shocks.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:48 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

The car's got provenance. We all know who owned it. We watched him wreck it. We watched him properly repair it. Anyone who is put off by the vehicle's history just isn't the right buyer for the car. This is a car for a track junkie who is going to go put it right back at risk for being put into the wall and balled up. For someone looking for a car like that it's perfect. For someone looking for a low mileage powder puff hold it's value "collectible" it's just plain the wrong car. Every glass slipper has it's Cinderella.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:51 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why not move the mods to the 4.0 and rock out with your **** out?

I am sure there is a good reason... I was just thinking out loud so to speak
Old 10-07-2011, 06:08 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,622 Likes on 753 Posts

I wish I could start fresh and get right into a turn key track ready car...
Old 10-07-2011, 06:42 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I wish I could start fresh and get right into a turn key track ready car...
same -- if I could get close to the money I have in the car, I would pull the rip cord and hunt down a nice cup... I would miss the street driving but that is few and far between anyway...
Old 10-07-2011, 07:17 PM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

reminds me that i need to get back on the hunt for a track car and stop using my nice street one...........
Old 10-07-2011, 08:39 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Pete! Say it ain't so!!!
It is my friend :-) But we shall track again! Maybe not this month, but we will

Looking forward to seeing you at RR and we can relax and chat without worring about a schedule of runtimes and pulling maintenence!

Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
Agreed, and isn't funny how one group gives a crap and the other does not? Same car, passionate driving, yet the racers are quite pragmatic as to damaging and then fixing. Well said.

Originally Posted by Nizer
Call first dibs on shocks.
Ok, but I sure would hate to see a sorted, synergistic package broken up. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts in this case.

Originally Posted by GTgears
The car's got provenance. We all know who owned it. We watched him wreck it. We watched him properly repair it. Anyone who is put off by the vehicle's history just isn't the right buyer for the car. This is a car for a track junkie who is going to go put it right back at risk for being put into the wall and balled up. For someone looking for a car like that it's perfect. For someone looking for a low mileage powder puff hold it's value "collectible" it's just plain the wrong car. Every glass slipper has it's Cinderella.
And your LSD is still working perfectly Matt!

Well said Absolutely spot-on with the view point.

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
why not move the mods to the 4.0 and rock out with your **** out?

I am sure there is a good reason... I was just thinking out loud so to speak
It is a possibiity but really want to pass 'ole Blue along ready to rock as it is.

Originally Posted by ohenryinatlanta
reminds me that i need to get back on the hunt for a track car and stop using my nice street one...........
Holler! Cash talks
Old 10-07-2011, 08:40 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
Every glass slipper has it's Cinderella.
Yup. This situation only requires one buyer. All else is talk talk talk.

Pete, GLWS! What will you bring to Laguna on Nov 22?
Old 10-07-2011, 09:14 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by quickxotica
Yup. This situation only requires one buyer. All else is talk talk talk.

Pete, GLWS! What will you bring to Laguna on Nov 22?
Thanks John!

Nothing I have will pass sound unless I can get by with Sharkwerks turnips on the 4.0. If I feather on T5 and the roving sound doesn't catch the port side of the turnips I could pass. Maybe. The two exposed cone air filters are going to be likely loud enough to trigger the **** reaction

I must admit I have grown to hate LS with all the petty song and dance on sound. One day they allow one thing another day they don't. I am just fed up with the BS and aside from RR next week I may never go back there (to spend my hard earned money) ever again.

But I will see you at other tracks my friend!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:57 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,622 Likes on 753 Posts

Ship a car to Florida and your ears will be bleeding.
The whole Southeast you're good to go as long as it is not church hour.

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3RS Aqua Blue/Gold Track-Day Special For Sale