Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2010 GT3RS Aqua Blue/Gold Track-Day Special For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 02:47 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 GT3RS Aqua Blue/Gold Track-Day Special For Sale

Ok, with the 4.0 under roof, I just don't need two GT3's.

Ultimate turn-key track day special! Everything is done, car is fully set-up. Professionally maintained and driven with respect (not abused). If you have shopped for or installed upgrades as this car has, you understand the value proposition. DME readout is as good as they get. Range three and higher revs are all that matter and these are zero.

Here is the RL ad link: https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...y-special.html

Also for sale as converted fully back to street, see full spec here: https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-the-year.html

WOW New Price!
TRACKDAY SPECIAL
2010 GT3RS Aqua Blue/Gold- 13,000 miles
WP0AC2A94AS783611 Original Sticker: $155,555
Sales Price: $105,900

Upgrades including values w/installation labor:

Full OE Clubsport Cage (twin side-bars!)- Plates welded top and bottom (ultra safe!). Fully unboltable and removable. ($7500)
Intrax 4-way coilover suspension ($11,000)
Custom drilled/tapped/bonded coolant fitting solution (priceless- but let's call it $2000)
Works Bell Quick release steering, with Personal (brand) smaller diameter wheel ($1300)
Stripped Interior ($1000)
RaceTech/Sparco 2"/3" HANS Specific harnesses ($900)
Tarett rear blade sway/monoballs/adjustable caster pucks/drop links/toe-control arm/toe locking plates/etc ($5000)
GTGears (Guard) LSD internals ($1500)
996 Cup shifter cable (solid ends/heavier gauge) ($1200)
Clear film on approx 50% of car ($1500)
Rennline mats ($250)
Painted splitter and rockers (sills) ($800)
EvomsIT ECU tune ($1500)

Ultimate turn-key track day special! Everything is done, car is fully set-up. Professionally maintained and driven. Comes with OE gold wheels and Pirelli Corsa System tires (approx 50% worn). OE PCCB rotors are approx 70% remaining. Track wheels with TPMS and 265/345-19" Hoosier R6 are available to buyer if desired: $4500 (not sold separate from car).

Right-front of car hit pit wall in May 2010. As a result insurance company chose to "total" car even though damage was not severe (NO tub or frame damage!). I purchased it back with "Salvage" title. After complete and professional body repair (NO frame damage or misalignment!) I cleared the Salvage title and car now has a "Rebuilt" title. It is fully street legal and insurable. Car is currently registered/titled and insured with State Farm for street legal use. It carries the same OE warranty any other car.
Attached Images   

Last edited by savyboy; 12-21-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: corrected Tarret pieces value
Old 10-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,721 Likes on 913 Posts

So does mean that it's thrash time for the 4.0 RS or are you shopping for a dedicated track toy?
Old 10-06-2011, 02:54 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nizer
So does mean that it's thrash time for the 4.0 RS or are you shopping for a dedicated track toy?
Time will tell
Old 10-06-2011, 04:50 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 468 Likes on 189 Posts

You really need a 997 Cup....you won't look back!

Old 10-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

Oh Pete,

I really really like to buy your blue/gold RS...

Oops, I forgot I already have one in my garage.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Just curious if there is a particular reason why you always buy street cars and then modify for track use? Seems like a backwards approach when you are spending more and taking significant losses when you sell. Plus the wear and tear of track duty doesn't help resale of street cars. Clearly you have the means to properly support a cup. Just curious why you don't just buy one?
Old 10-06-2011, 07:36 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
Just curious if there is a particular reason why you always buy street cars and then modify for track use? Seems like a backwards approach when you are spending more and taking significant losses when you sell. Plus the wear and tear of track duty doesn't help resale of street cars. Clearly you have the means to properly support a cup. Just curious why you don't just buy one?
I thought you needed a new VIN to properly "clear" a salvage title.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:00 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

George, that because Pete is a drive to track.. have fun and drive home guy. He enjoys the whole experience (I actually miss this now that I tow my race car to the track).

Also just like you it helps to build up to speed in a street car then dive into a cup and the learning curve is much steeper.

Different strokes for different folks!
Old 10-06-2011, 08:16 PM
savyboy
Drifting

There are very good ponts in what you put forward. For a certain owner I would wholly agree with you. And there is an equally compelling argument to "trackify" a street car. There are valid and rational arguments for either approach. There were specific personal reasons why this car happened and that is better left to a discussion over tasty beverages

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I thought you needed a new VIN to properly "clear" a salvage title.
Not true. A new VIN means the car was retubbed as some wrecked race cars are. The damage of this car was nowhere remotely close to needing to be retubbed. Prospective buyers ask me for details via email. A "salvage" title car must be properly rebuilt and documented as such before it can then be cleared and titled as a "rebuilt". Most folks don't understand the process and/or are not willing to document it to the extent that DMV requires. Some types of damage can't be taken from Salvage to Rebuilt. I would never buy a flood car. But for a buyer who is willing to understand the initial damage and review the repair results, this kind of title can offer a real bargain.

There is a lot of misinformation (warranty voided, uninsurable, etc etc) put forth by people who aren't willing to inform themselves Any interested buyer is welcome to ask me for proof it is currently registered licensed and insured as any other car is.

The bottom line here is that this is a car that is in excellent condition by any measure and has mods that many folks would like to have. And the car with the mods installed ($$$$) is offered at a compelling discount to its replacement value as-is. For someone that value proposition makes sense and they will find a great deal in what is being offered. This car has the vast majority of its life left to give and does not require its fuel cell to be drained after every track day and $30,000 transmission and engine rebuilds every 40 hours.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:25 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by mobonic
George, that because Pete is a drive to track.. have fun and drive home guy. He enjoys the whole experience (I actually miss this now that I tow my race car to the track).

Also just like you it helps to build up to speed in a street car then dive into a cup and the learning curve is much steeper.

Shahin, you are exactly correct. Well at least for last year when much of the upgrades were done

This car would make an excellent "Cup Trainer" which is very low cost to operate and will always be street legal whereas a Cup can never be street legal.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Turn3 Autosport
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Tim, who is a good customer, didn't already have the same color combo.... oh wait, still a little rich for me. Congrats on the new 4.0 and GLWS.

Cheers
Old 10-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by savyboy
There are very good ponts in what you put forward. For a certain owner I would wholly agree with you. And there is an equally compelling argument to "trackify" a street car. There are valid and rational arguments for either approach. There were specific personal reasons why this car happened and that is better left to a discussion over tasty beverages
Haha. I hear you. For me, it was clear for my situation after i took a beating on my RS.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mobonic

I know. But for a guy that seems to have serious dough.. from his stable (RS, Spyder, 4.0, GT2-Rs, etc.... I would think an arrive and drive option would be optimal (vs. trailering or driving a track car to and from). I would never do it any other way again... it's like flying.. once you experience 1st class, it's hard to fly coach. haha. I do see the upside in the street-track car though. But I would still do that in an arrive and drive. The benefit being you would be slower vs. race car and would enjoy the street-car run group more vs. being in a fast car with slower cars., etc. etc.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:28 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Luck Pete!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:33 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

modding street cars is fun and hands-on. arrive and drive could possibly sometimes be called 'disconnected' perhaps????
i've never done arrive and drive, but a lot of the times, i see the driver sitting in a chair talking on the mobile, while others fettle and get involved in the car.....it's like he is disconnected slightly from the experience. it's like going to a bbq and sitting indoors and watching tv while the meat is cooking outside. sure, you gonna eat that meat, but you didn't get involved in the cooking process even if just to watch and smell it happening.

glws, pete, top car!

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3RS Aqua Blue/Gold Track-Day Special For Sale