Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 06:42 PM
LuckyP
Racer

Received 170 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
...what's the story with the antiroll mounts btw
Originally Posted by Carrera GT
..By anti-roll, I guess you mean anti-sway and this is related to something that broke on your car, not to a recall.
Sorry I didn't make this clear. Page 17 in the UK GT3 Intermediate Service (12,000 Miles or 2 years states:

"Replace rear anti-roll-bar mounts" as one of the service items.

I didnt see the part on the invoice so queried it. Sure enough it wasn't done.

It maybe just a UK thing? But worth checking guys.

Pete
Old 05-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LuckyP
Sorry I didn't make this clear. Page 17 in the UK GT3 Intermediate Service (12,000 Miles or 2 years states:

"Replace rear anti-roll-bar mounts" as one of the service items.

I didnt see the part on the invoice so queried it. Sure enough it wasn't done.

It maybe just a UK thing? But worth checking guys.

Pete
Good to know. And don't just get the factory junk -- get some after-market threaded drop-links so you can dial out the pre-load.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:53 AM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went to the Porsche days, where I saw quite a few vehicles already equipped with the new nuts. The difference on the outside is that there is NO torque specification written on the nuts anymore.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:42 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

The rear sway bar brackets are a wear item, just like on the CUP cars. Mine broke on the second track weekend. Now we check them every service stop. I will replace them before the summer.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:41 AM
almeena58
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The campaign in Saudi Arabia is AB01
Old 05-23-2011, 05:17 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by almeena58
The campaign in Saudi Arabia is AB01
What's the scope of this campaign, please tell?
Old 05-23-2011, 05:34 AM
almeena58
Racer

The Workshop manager called me and said one of the North America Porsche Club during a track session figured out that some CL cannot support the 600Nm and Porsche worked on new CLs that will be delivered to all dealers. He said they mention it is not a big issue if you are using the car in normal driving but in race track they recommend to double check the CL if you can see any damage.

Now the delay is coming from dealers since all need to check what colors of CL their customers need and to request for quantities. All CL will be changed for free (labor and parts) and you can visit any dealer within the car warrantee coverage area and they must order the set for you.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:46 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by almeena58
The Workshop manager called me and said one of the North America Porsche Club during a track session figured out that some CL cannot support the 600Nm and Porsche worked on new CLs that will be delivered to all dealers. He said they mention it is not a big issue if you are using the car in normal driving but in race track they recommend to double check the CL if you can see any damage.

Now the delay is coming from dealers since all need to check what colors of CL their customers need and to request for quantities. All CL will be changed for free (labor and parts) and you can visit any dealer within the car warrantee coverage area and they must order the set for you.
Good stuff, thanks. I bet it'll take a while for the campaign to reach us here in asia but will keep an eye out.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:45 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

What Center Lock's come on a car now if you order it...the old ones that can not support the 600nm or the new CL's that can support this amount of torque?
Old 05-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,596 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
What Center Lock's come on a car now if you order it...the old ones that can not support the 600nm or the new CL's that can support this amount of torque?
None on either the GT3 or RS since production is completed. Assuming that the correct CLs will come on the 4.0 ... not sure about the GTS, it probably depends upon the production date ... although from an earlier post it would seem that the new CL nuts no longer have the torque spec on them, so perhaps that is an indicator, but the definitive answer has to be checking the part #...
Old 05-23-2011, 04:51 PM
cdixon
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

Booked my GT3 in for the CL replacement today. I was told that i could not get the car in until 20/6/11 as they need to order in the new CL nuts. They wanted to know what colour nuts i had fitted on the car. Interestingly they wanted the car to be booked in with them for a week just incase they found any issues with the PCCB disks !! I questioned this and was told that it is possible that movement on the CL can cause the five red stub bolts (sorry not sure what these are called) on the disks to work loose and damage the ceramic disks !!!

Also an insert has to be added to the drivers manual to state torque is 600nm.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cdixon
Booked my GT3 in for the CL replacement today. I was told that i could not get the car in until 20/6/11 as they need to order in the new CL nuts. They wanted to know what colour nuts i had fitted on the car. Interestingly they wanted the car to be booked in with them for a week just incase they found any issues with the PCCB disks !! I questioned this and was told that it is possible that movement on the CL can cause the five red stub bolts (sorry not sure what these are called) on the disks to work loose and damage the ceramic disks !!!

Also an insert has to be added to the drivers manual to state torque is 600nm.
cheers - no sign (yet) of any campaign in the US ...

useful to know about the possible PCCB issue also ... keep us posted!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:06 PM
RAPID
Racer

I had my CL's tightened to 600 Nm at the dealer last week, mentionned the Porsche bulletin. They tightened the nuts, but did not replace them. They had the Porsche service notice on paper, and no mention of replacement...
Old 05-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RAPID
I had my CL's tightened to 600 Nm at the dealer last week, mentionned the Porsche bulletin. They tightened the nuts, but did not replace them. They had the Porsche service notice on paper, and no mention of replacement...
it appears as though the indiviual regions are rolling this out according to their own schedules etc ...
Old 05-23-2011, 05:19 PM
almeena58
Racer

Originally Posted by RAPID
Porsche dealers they dont know how to deal with GT3 cars and they don't like to read anything about GT3. Only few are available in every country so they consider it as less important. Dealers already received the cl campain since 2 weeks but they didn't act properly since they are busy with Panameras and cayennes.

Quick Reply: Center lock will be changed by dealers soon