Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Thinking about the ultimate euro trip...This summer

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I have a new contact from a fellow rennlister ir_fuel for insurance in Europe I need to get a quote from and getting the car paid off will be key..
Plan is to get both done end of this years..

First need to get Mancation out of the way
The Swiss do good registration/insurance packages for non-residents.

For occasional visitors, just take your car's papers along to the insurance agent at the registration centre and get 3rd party liability cover for however many days you need

R+C
Old 06-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by facelvega
Well, apologies to all for not getting to visit while I was there Sunday. Typical travel problems meant that I did not get in until late Saturday, too late for dinner at the PK. Sunday was driving in the rain all morning, then a few dry laps at mid day. It started to pour down again, so I packed up and headed to Bremen at 2PM. All in, 8 laps wet, 4 dry. Most interesting visual, a BMW I was chasing overcooked Aremburg, spun out on track:

Ring in the Rain

Some traffic in the rain - feel like I am doing pretty well, and the a REAL driver or two blow by.....

Passing in the Wet

Then some dry weather scenes.... some bikes that were fairly well behaved, an A8 blows by, a Porsche turbo of some type that I damn near rear ended who finally figured out I could not out drag him on the straights, a great pass of something that looked like a cross between a 2CV and a Trabant, passing a vintage Mini that took two tries, and finally the end of my last lap as the rain starts to return......

Ring 19-6-11

I am already thinking about next year. The original focus was on getting to Europe with our own cars, and a lot of leg work was done. I am on for 2012 - before the end of the world, I want to drive this track in a car that I know.....

Thanks for posting you blowing by me! I had a blast and I'm planning on doing it again in the future. I'd like to find a proper track day and possibly do a day at Spa.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,605 Likes on 2,344 Posts

RSR do track days at Spa, as does RMA (they used to double up on Spa and Nordschleife) Manthey of course also does track days at the ring...

Since all of the financial troubles there, independent schools such as the BMW intl driving school and Scuderia Hanseat have had trouble retaining their contracted track days ... the only alternative is either PSDS or BMW driving training ...

Quick Reply: Thinking about the ultimate euro trip...This summer