Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Jackpoint Jackstands ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 10:44 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by jpoint
Are you looking for a set-up for your garage or do you need something you can take to the track?
Take to the track

I have AC hydraulics jack and stands for the garage
Old 06-01-2011, 02:28 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Take to the track

I have AC hydraulics jack and stands for the garage
Some that will work fine with the stands include:
Craftsman Model 50239
Omega Model 26025
HFT Model 68053
Torin Model T81509

I've worked with all of these except the Torin. I've seen mixed reviews on the Craftsman - though the one I used worked fine.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:27 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some that will work fine with the stands include:
Craftsman Model 50239
Omega Model 26025
HFT Model 68053
Torin Model T81509

I've worked with all of these except the Torin. I've seen mixed reviews on the Craftsman - though the one I used worked fine.
Jpoint;

A number of people have asked this question so I thought I'd chime in with one additional model. I've pictured below the One from Torin and the new introduction from Ranger. Ranger being a little more popular at the moment. this is only information we do not sell either of these items!

Cheers

Chuck
Attached Images   

Last edited by IMGT3; 06-02-2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 06-02-2011, 08:40 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

OK - here's the hot hot jack - the Zinko 13A. Under 40 lbs, 2.1" pick up height (1.4+" lower than everybody else), only 1.2 ton capacity (but plenty for P cars), retail - over $600, internet price over $500. It would require a modified pad to work with the Jackpoint stands. That is do-able, but how many GT owners would actually buy one? It would be a cool set up and will go under anything that will clear a rumble strip. I don't sell them so for now this is for info. I am intrigued by the notion of a pad that will fit this jack, but would I just be satisfying my boyish curiosity?
Attached Images  
Old 06-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

OK - here's the hot hot jack - the Zinko 13A. Under 40 lbs, 2.1" pick up height (1.4+" lower than everybody else), only 1.2 ton capacity (but plenty for P cars), retail - over $600, internet price over $500. It would require a modified pad to work with the Jackpoint stands. That is do-able, but how many GT owners would actually buy one? It would be a cool set up and will go under anything that will clear a rumble strip. I don't sell them so for now this is for info. I am intrigued by the notion of a pad that will fit this jack, but would I just be satisfying my boyish curiosity?
Jack ****.......interested
Old 06-03-2011, 12:15 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Per our off line messaging - interested in zinko
Old 06-03-2011, 03:42 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by IMGT3
Jpoint;

A number of people have asked this question so I thought I'd chime in with one additional model. I've pictured below the One from Torin and the new introduction from Ranger. Ranger being a little more popular at the moment. this is only information we do not sell either of these items!

Cheers

Chuck
These are a poor design at best. The rollers don't work wheel on anything except clean cement -- the wheels are too small, the caster bearing doesn't tend to let the jack change direction and move under load. If you ever use them on asphalt or a typical home garage, they tend to "stick" to the ground, then pull the car over as they lift it (instead of rolling underneath.) Dangerous and awkward, especially if the job is to raise the car up on two or four stands.

As for the Zinko, at $613+, it's overpriced. There's always a sucker willing to equate the price tag to the quality, but that's stretching it.

http://www.zinkojack.com/product.asp?pid=377

Made in Taiwan.

Maybe someone can find a good Made in the USA lightweight jack with bearings and oversized wheels instead of bushings and casters.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
These are a poor design at best. The rollers don't work wheel on anything except clean cement -- the wheels are too small, the caster bearing doesn't tend to let the jack change direction and move under load. If you ever use them on asphalt or a typical home garage, they tend to "stick" to the ground, then pull the car over as they lift it (instead of rolling underneath.) Dangerous and awkward, especially if the job is to raise the car up on two or four stands.

As for the Zinko, at $613+, it's overpriced. There's always a sucker willing to equate the price tag to the quality, but that's stretching it.

Made in Taiwan.

Maybe someone can find a good Made in the USA lightweight jack with bearings and oversized wheels instead of bushings and casters.
That is exactly what I want

A made in the USA aluminum jack with AC Hydraulics quality

this is jack ****......lasts forever (my dad uses on dirt track cars)

http://www.brunnhoelzl.com/low_profile_jacks.html
Old 06-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Izzone
That is exactly what I want

A made in the USA aluminum jack with AC Hydraulics quality

this is jack ****......lasts forever (my dad uses on dirt track cars)

http://www.brunnhoelzl.com/low_profile_jacks.html
$1300?! ... and people wonder why USA manufacturers struggle to compete with imported products at a quarter of the price ... grumble, grumble ...
Old 06-03-2011, 06:01 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Made in Taiwan.

$1300?! ... and people wonder why USA manufacturers struggle to compete with imported products at a quarter of the price ... grumble, grumble ...
So you're looking for a superior, all U.S. made product that is priced similar to imported products, that works better than most comparable products on the market. I can point you in the direction of a jack stand, but I guess I need to get started designing a jack .
Old 06-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

So you're looking for a superior, all U.S. made product that is priced similar to imported products, that works better than most comparable products on the market. I can point you in the direction of a jack stand, but I guess I need to get started designing a jack .
Deftly played! Where's my Rennlist 110% discount coupon code? I'd like to have some stands, but they really have to be Carrara white with Guards Red logos sprawled around the curves reading " J A C K P O I N T " ...

As for the jack, I think the market is wide open and I know the one killer feature that nobody seems to have discovered. When I share this idea with you, you'll be amazed and you'll want to license the patent ... : ) ... I assure you I will extend generous terms.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:42 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Deftly played! Where's my Rennlist 110% discount coupon code? I'd like to have some stands, but they really have to be Carrara white with Guards Red logos sprawled around the curves reading " J A C K P O I N T " ...

As for the jack, I think the market is wide open and I know the one killer feature that nobody seems to have discovered. When I share this idea with you, you'll be amazed and you'll want to license the patent ... : ) ... I assure you I will extend generous terms.
Here's the 110% discount coupon code - it's "NABRIDGE4SALE". Redeem it at www.payme2buyfromu.com .

As for the idea - before you license the patent to me, you'll maybe need a patent. I can show you how to file your initial patent application for free - but then could you trust me with the idea? As for the Carrara white jack stands. For the money I'd think you would want your name in red.

But seriously - which jack were you referring to that is poorly designed - the Ranger, the Torin, or all "race" style jacks? I think the selling points for the Zinko is the low lift height and low weight. The issue you noted with jacks not wanting to roll on ruff surfaces is a valid concern and one of the matters addressed by that U.S. made jack stand.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Here's the 110% discount coupon code - it's "NABRIDGE4SALE". Redeem it at www.payme2buyfromu.com .

As for the idea - before you license the patent to me, you'll maybe need a patent. I can show you how to file your initial patent application for free - but then could you trust me with the idea? As for the Carrara white jack stands. For the money I'd think you would want your name in red.
Anyone can file a patent ... it's enforcing the buggers that takes skill (and money.) Fortunately my old brother "loaned" me his patent attorney in 1989 and things have gone okay since then. : ) Fortunately my software design and engineering inventions are not easily stolen by thieving mongrels in China. Just in case anyone thinks I'm being racist, no, I'm talking about business -- people who go into business with the intent of stealing good products, making them in cheap labor countries and then exporting that junk back to the country of the original invention. eg. Wal*Mart, nike, harborfreight.com and their accomplices, eg. us.gov

But this jack design is exactly the kind of thing that shows up on Alibaba.com in second rate materials, poor manufacturing quality and slave labor based prices -- no patent would make much of a difference once jackpoint.cn goes into business.

Anyway, I just tried that coupon and got a great deal on fifty million metric tonnes of scrap iron in New Jersey that can be on barges within 30 days ... apparently it's very conveniently located close to a river ... the guy said "yeah, it's practically already on the river" ... seemed like a nice guy.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:55 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,632 Likes on 759 Posts

LMAO!
Old 06-04-2011, 10:38 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Anyone can file a patent ... it's enforcing the buggers that takes skill (and money.) Fortunately my old brother "loaned" me his patent attorney in 1989 and things have gone okay since then. : ) Fortunately my software design and engineering inventions are not easily stolen by thieving mongrels in China. Just in case anyone thinks I'm being racist, no, I'm talking about business -- people who go into business with the intent of stealing good products, making them in cheap labor countries and then exporting that junk back to the country of the original invention. eg. Wal*Mart, nike, harborfreight.com and their accomplices, eg. us.gov

But this jack design is exactly the kind of thing that shows up on Alibaba.com in second rate materials, poor manufacturing quality and slave labor based prices -- no patent would make much of a difference once jackpoint.cn goes into business.

Anyway, I just tried that coupon and got a great deal on fifty million metric tonnes of scrap iron in New Jersey that can be on barges within 30 days ... apparently it's very conveniently located close to a river ... the guy said "yeah, it's practically already on the river" ... seemed like a nice guy.
Jersey Tony? He's quite the player. He buys scrap at $1/ lb and sells at $1.10/ lb. Last year he did 10 tons, so he's stepping up. Be careful - there's a hefty loading fee on that particular lot of scrap.

Your point about "jackpoint.cn" is one that I think about alot. It's been great having 8 U.S. companies involved in the production of these things, but I get alot of blowback about the price. In fairness to local production, the people I've worked with have been great. These things are made one at a time so it is essentially a custom made product - thus the expense. Hope to change that without going offshore with domestic multiple production. Not an easy change to make.

Quick Reply: Jackpoint Jackstands ???