Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Jackpoint Jackstands ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 04:20 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most Backorders will ship by Friday. We have 3 pair of black available for sale at this time. Matt finishes should be ready next week for new orders, polished by the end of the month.. Check our site for availability over the next few days for updates. Thanks, Chuck
http://www.imgt3performance.com/jackstand/

Old 05-17-2011, 09:07 PM
jshudson
Advanced

would you PM me the discount code, I need four, tks
Old 05-17-2011, 11:53 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

sent you a pm! chuck
Old 05-22-2011, 04:42 PM
TxnBluDvl
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Would also like a discount code. Could you please PM me too?
Old 05-23-2011, 01:21 AM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TxnBluDvl
Would also like a discount code. Could you please PM me too?
PM sent! Thank you!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:01 AM
9won1
Track Day

nice website - though i would have kinda expected to see these jack stands at Griot's. they're often the first place you see new stuff.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:34 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
Another data point.
This is a stock 09 997 turbo on Jackpoint stands.
I have the low profile caps and for this lift I used my harbor freight racing jack (the blue and silver one) with one of the side handles removed so that it fits under the stands. I'm not sure if the standard size caps would fit under my 997 with this particular jack but with my very low profile (and very heavy) floor jack it would not pose a problem.
I think this is a great product. And BTW, thanks for sending me the nice hat!

Hey Dave - is that a creeper seat I see in the background? I'm thinking of getting one and was wondering if its a good height w/ the car up on stands.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

I keep coming back to this thread........what aluminum jack works fine with this?

you shoudl offer a jack / stand combo
Old 05-31-2011, 05:21 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by jpoint
Hey Dave - is that a creeper seat I see in the background? I'm thinking of getting one and was wondering if its a good height w/ the car up on stands.
I use the standard craftsman creeper. I haven't gone under my 997 on the jackpoints. I've just been doing brake work on this car.
Sorry!
I'll check next time the car is up.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:40 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

I use the standard craftsman creeper. I haven't gone under my 997 on the jackpoints. I've just been doing brake work on this car.
Sorry!
I'll check next time the car is up.
No problem - I actually thought I saw one of those rolling work stools in the corner (as opposed to a creeper). That's what I'm looking at getting.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:07 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Izzone
I keep coming back to this thread........what aluminum jack works fine with this?

you shoudl offer a jack / stand combo
Funny you mention this, we are working on that right now and I hope to have some more info for you in a few days.

As for your question as to what jacks will work with this stand, we suggest you start with taking a look at your current ride height. -slammed, stock, 4x4,

What we have found from experience is that a standard 3 to 3.5" jack height is what you would find at a local Harbor freight or Sears/Craftsman floor jack. Now depending on the cap, (most Porsche owners are getting the low profile cap) you would add the resting height of the jack to the height of the cap. (Add 1.3" for the Low profile and 2.1" for the universal cap) This would tell you if you have enough clearance with your jack that might be in the garage.

Ex: 3" jack height + 1.3" low profile cap ~4.5" would be suggested clearance needed as you want some room to maneuver the jack under the car before lifting.

Other things to consider: the jack pad is also important, we suggest a 3" diameter pad at minimum to be used with this set-up. The jacks that have the castle style notches are not suitable in our opinion for use with jackpoint jackstands.

I hope this clears up some of your questions, please feel free to PM me if you have anymore.

-Chuck
Old 05-31-2011, 07:49 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by IMGT3
Funny you mention this, we are working on that right now and I hope to have some more info for you in a few days.

As for your question as to what jacks will work with this stand, we suggest you start with taking a look at your current ride height. -slammed, stock, 4x4,

What we have found from experience is that a standard 3 to 3.5" jack height is what you would find at a local Harbor freight or Sears/Craftsman floor jack. Now depending on the cap, (most Porsche owners are getting the low profile cap) you would add the resting height of the jack to the height of the cap. (Add 1.3" for the Low profile and 2.1" for the universal cap) This would tell you if you have enough clearance with your jack that might be in the garage.

Ex: 3" jack height + 1.3" low profile cap ~4.5" would be suggested clearance needed as you want some room to maneuver the jack under the car before lifting.

Other things to consider: the jack pad is also important, we suggest a 3" diameter pad at minimum to be used with this set-up. The jacks that have the castle style notches are not suitable in our opinion for use with jackpoint jackstands.

I hope this clears up some of your questions, please feel free to PM me if you have anymore.

-Chuck
Nope

Just give me a nice package

My car is euro ride height.....low, so low height only
Old 05-31-2011, 09:04 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by jpoint
No problem - I actually thought I saw one of those rolling work stools in the corner (as opposed to a creeper). That's what I'm looking at getting.
Oh that thing!
It's a Griots rolling chair with adjustable height. It's great for doing brake work and for support when putting the wheels back on.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:37 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Izzone
Nope

Just give me a nice package

My car is euro ride height.....low, so low height only
Are you looking for a set-up for your garage or do you need something you can take to the track? Check your PM.

Last edited by jpoint; 05-31-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:40 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Oh that thing!
It's a Griots rolling chair with adjustable height. It's great for doing brake work and for support when putting the wheels back on.
Thanks - I'm looking at the one that has the 3 drawer tool chest under the seat, but didn't know how it would work (height wise) with the stands.

Quick Reply: Jackpoint Jackstands ???