Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Rennline solid engine mount review

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennline
Hey Mikymu, I was just reading your post. Let me start by saying, we apologize that you had to modify our parts to fit correctly. Your comment, "Unfortunately most aftermarket products need some sort of modification" is unacceptable in our eyes. Rennline products should fit without modifications and it is VERY important for our customers to notify us when they do not. This allows us to make the required adjustments so the next customer who purchases them has a more pleasant experience. The nice part about Rennline is that we manufacture all of these parts in-house so it is very easy to us to make changes. This particular item was designed around the 964/993 platform and originally advertised for exactly that. We had several customer tell us that they were the same for the later cars so we began to offer them for those cars. Apparently that is all true except for the gt3 fitment. The good news is that it is an easy fix. Mikymu, Please contact us directly so we can discuss this a bit further and also get you a set of mounts that do not require modification. Thanks everyone.
Can't beat Rennline service.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:21 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Ne idea what cupcars use for the tranny mount? Is that solid too? Mike
not sure about 997cup. but 6 cup has very few solid mounts or monoballs. the dog bones, toe links on 6 cups are just like street cars.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:21 AM
wurlie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 997 2010 Cup mounts

Here you go. Hope this helps, w
Attached Images  
Old 11-18-2010, 04:14 AM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"solid...solid as a rock..."
Old 11-18-2010, 04:29 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wurlie
Here you go. Hope this helps, w
Simple design! But so far the best bet for street GT3/RS will be some sort of solid engine mounts like the one from WEVO. Too much mod to convert to Cup car setup ... and I am sure $$$ too
Old 11-18-2010, 09:20 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu

My problem going form 2nd to 3rd gear is mostly operator error. I grip the shift **** from up top too hard which prevent shift linkage from getting into proper alignment for the 2nd to 3rd gear change. I change my shift style only for 2nd to 3rd gear under high G load by "guiding" up the shift linkage with my right thumb and middle finger at the "neck" of the shift **** hence minimize any forced miss alignment. So far zero problem and we will see if anything changes at all with these solid engine mounts
I'm sure mine is mostly operator error as well, but it randomly happens, at the same points on the same tracks...

Bob Rouleau commented, while in my car on the Tremblant track, that the same happened with his 07 RS and now with his new 10 RS (with dynamic mounts)..... so.....
Old 11-18-2010, 09:57 AM
IPguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the 996 Cup version...not sure how to make it appear like above, more technological challenges for me

I would be interested to see what the parts price out at, if anyone has access to that kind of information
Attached Images
Old 11-18-2010, 10:19 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

are you sure the Lowe's fasteners and sleeves are the appropriate tensile strength for your application? engine mounts sound like an area where i definitely would make sure appropriate part is used. Sounds like Rennline will get you settled though. looking forward to an update…although i like my dynamic mounts just fine :-D
Old 11-18-2010, 10:26 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow, this explains why I cant get my car shift into third coming out of turn 7 at sebring. Happens almost every time. It's a 2-3 low speed corner (but accelerating) into a much faster section. Damn thing gives me trouble almost every time. Might have to short shift into 3 before the kink and ride it out. I was starting to wonder if something was broken
Old 11-18-2010, 10:43 AM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

Would be interesting to hear about the experience about the solid mount motor mount after some usage. I am not worry about the NVH aspect, but more worry about it being solid that the vibration might shake things loose, affect electronics, etc. (someone mentioned that the vibration was enough to possibly affect the knock sensor, for example, even w/ just semi-solid mount, so I read..)
Old 11-18-2010, 11:27 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Wow, this explains why I cant get my car shift into third coming out of turn 7 at sebring. Happens almost every time. It's a 2-3 low speed corner (but accelerating) into a much faster section. Damn thing gives me trouble almost every time. Might have to short shift into 3 before the kink and ride it out. I was starting to wonder if something was broken
Get shorter gears or r/p or both. I never use 2nd gear at the tracks at norcal ie ls/sp/thill. Problem solved : ). Mikymu's next mod- lol. Mike
Old 11-18-2010, 02:03 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is what makes this list so special - another great DIY from mikmyu, feed back on the impacts, near instantaneous response and customer service from a vendor, and a fix on the way.

Thank you, all, for saving me a lot of trouble when I get around to changing the mounts!
Old 11-18-2010, 07:30 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
are you sure the Lowe's fasteners and sleeves are the appropriate tensile strength for your application? engine mounts sound like an area where i definitely would make sure appropriate part is used. Sounds like Rennline will get you settled though. looking forward to an update…although i like my dynamic mounts just fine :-D
It's grade 8 steel - just like the one supplied by Rennline

Originally Posted by deputydog95
I think operator error is the problem ... more on that on another post

Originally Posted by stevecolletti
This is what makes this list so special - another great DIY from mikmyu, feed back on the impacts, near instantaneous response and customer service from a vendor, and a fix on the way.

Thank you, all, for saving me a lot of trouble when I get around to changing the mounts!
Yes, agree with your impression. I love it when we can all jump in with our suggestions to solve a problem

My factory and WEVO engine mounts are on it's way to Rennline so they can take measurement to solve some of the fitting issues. I have a feeling there will be another more improved solid Rennline engine mount post soon
Old 11-19-2010, 01:31 AM
speedoflight
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
My factory and WEVO engine mounts are on it's way to Rennline so they can take measurement to solve some of the fitting issues. I have a feeling there will be another more improved solid Rennline engine mount post soon
woah! make sure you get it back before LS.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:36 AM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

Mike, do you have concern with the solid mounts in the area of vibration shaking things loose or affecting the electronics? (see my post above)

Quick Reply: Rennline solid engine mount review