Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Rennline solid engine mount review

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 05:20 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,880 Likes on 1,098 Posts

I've had the OEM 964RS semi solid mounts on my car for the last 3 years. No complaints. Just a little added vibration at idle otherwise perfect.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:45 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

Originally Posted by paver
I am putting the rennline solid mounts on my .2 GT3. I notice that the dynamic mounts have three torx head bolts holding them. The rennline mounts only have holes for two of those. Anybody with a .2 have any issues because of this?
Paver look at this. Option I140 is the dynamic mount. You can see when you have the dynamic mount you have 8 parts that differ: the 2 DEM mounts and 6 bolts that hold the mount to part #7. Based on the specs of the bolt they same diameter, the DEM bolts are longer and 3 are used per side. The #7 mounting bracket is the same on both models. Its also same on the .1 cars (same part number). On my car or .2 cars w/o I140 only 2 of the holes are used in #7, vs 3 on yours.

Mounting wise you will be fine. Unsure if there is anything you may need to code out with the mount removed.
Attached Images  
Old 09-28-2014, 10:58 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Spyerx, yep that is exactly what I was talking about. The "ears" where the bolt holes are on the dynamic mounts are pretty thick compared to those on the rennline mounts. With the rennline mounts I had to stack washers to keep the bolts from bottoming out. And the third now unused bolt, I went ahead and put back in part #7. Spoke to my shop, they said it's good. And yes, I got PADM failure. They are going to hook it to the computer next week and take care of that. I'm going to a de this w/e. I hope it's a noticeable performance benefit(Gotta stay in front of Mvez pumpkin). I can already tell there is a little more noise and vibration at idle...not bad though.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:01 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

Spyerx, yep that is exactly what I was talking about. The "ears" where the bolt holes are on the dynamic mounts are pretty thick compared to those on the rennline mounts. With the rennline mounts I had to stack washers to keep the bolts from bottoming out. And the third now unused bolt, I went ahead and put back in part #7. Spoke to my shop, they said it's good. And yes, I got PADM failure. They are going to hook it to the computer next week and take care of that. I'm going to a de this w/e. I hope it's a noticeable performance benefit(Gotta stay in front of Mvez pumpkin). I can already tell there is a little more noise and vibration at idle...not bad though.
Good to know. You could probably pickup the non DEM bolts and use w/o washers as they're about 15mm shorter. I looked at the pics of the rennline mounts and the ear thickness is very close to stock hydraulic mount.

Do you have solid or semi-solid transmission mount or cup cables? I have Wevo engine mounts and noticed no increased noise. Added Cantrell 60a (softer) tranny mount (GMG is 80 or 85a durometer, a LOT harder) and cup cables and get quite a bit of lwfw noise and some increased vibration. Not that I mind it... :-)
Old 09-28-2014, 11:07 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

True on the bolts. Forgot to mention I asked rennline about all this and they suggested the shorter bolts also. Just couldn't source any in grade 8 locally.
I have cup cables and the 75a mounts that eddie was pushing not too long ago. I dont mind it either. The mounts definitely helped shifting. LWFW next....hahaha
Old 10-05-2014, 03:08 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Got on track with the rennline solid mounts. It's all positive. The car is tighter and more precise than dem. No issues with knock sensors using 93 oct. For the money and ease of install this is a good mod.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:08 PM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 59 Posts

Got on track with the rennline solid mounts. It's all positive. The car is tighter and more precise than dem. No issues with knock sensors using 93 oct. For the money and ease of install this is a good mod.
Appreciate the feedback!
Old 10-05-2014, 05:34 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

Hey Paver- glad you got them on and like them! Once they are on it's like someone took all the resistance of your shifter and it just snicks into gear- amazing difference. I too really barely noticed any change in noise when installed, but of course I had cup cables and numeric shifter which transmits and amplifies all the gear whine, clutch and flywheel noise.

I'm kinda looking forward to not dealing with all this stuff on the new 991 GT3 with PDK...
Old 10-05-2014, 08:48 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by montoya
Hey Paver- glad you got them on and like them! Once they are on it's like someone took all the resistance of your shifter and it just snicks into gear- amazing difference. I too really barely noticed any change in noise when installed, but of course I had cup cables and numeric shifter which transmits and amplifies all the gear whine, clutch and flywheel noise. I'm kinda looking forward to not dealing with all this stuff on the new 991 GT3 with PDK...
montoya, yep both of those mods are really good bang for the buck. I drove NCM Motorsports park this weekend. It has a lot of linked esse turns. The car handled those a lot more flat than before. Felt really good.

PDK is cheating...991 will be crazy fast!
Old 10-06-2014, 12:51 PM
AEsco48
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Paver, I was in the white GT3
Old 10-06-2014, 01:37 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AEsco48
Paver, I was in the white GT3
I saw you out there once. How'd you like the track?
Old 10-06-2014, 02:44 PM
AEsco48
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Enjoyed it very much!! Almost did not go thinking the straight were going to be so so long, luckily you come out onto them pretty slow. Then the cornering sections were great, really technical… Wish there was not so many guardrails everywhere! :-/

What times/tires were you running?
Old 10-06-2014, 02:48 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

After the very first session, I have to admit I didn't like the layout. After a couple more, I began to really enjoy it. It reminds me of Barber except faster and with even more technical stuff. I think it's going to be a very popular track.
Best was 2:18.8 on nittos. I got very few clean laps. The only guys that would give point by w/o killing your momentum were the spec E30's. They know.

Quick Reply: Rennline solid engine mount review