Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

RS Crashed

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 02:54 AM
JAMS
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Oops! Bad luck, man... Glad you are okay.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:19 AM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Duh! Sorry to hear that. The most important thing is that you are okay. I hope the track day insurance will take care of your lost quickly, so you can get back to another car soon.

When everything is settled, please keep us posted on the cause of the incident especially if it is mechanical related. So we can pay attention to that area of our cars in future track runs.

With best regards,
Old 05-28-2010, 03:42 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

glad you are ok. The car they can make another one for you i'm sure ;-) maybe this time pick it up in germany and tour europe a little. I'm sure the wife wouldn't complain on that one.
-jim
Old 05-28-2010, 04:05 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Glad to hear you're ok!
Old 05-28-2010, 04:40 AM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

Glad you are OK! I think I will get a hans sometime before I start going to the track with any regularity.

Cheers to you for handling the situation well and being so honest. Hope to see you back on track soon.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:37 AM
JGEMDOC
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 62 Posts

wow, glad you are ok. hope all works out and you get back in the seat again soon.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:04 AM
amdevo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is saad news, thank god ur okay
Old 05-28-2010, 07:08 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Savyboy, so sorry to hear about your incident, yet so glad to hear you are okay... Any accident you can walk away from just has to be put down as a learning experience... Hope it all works out well for you!

On a side note, you guys are so lucky to even be able to purchase track insurance! We get ripped paying twice as much for the same car and insurance is not an option here in Oz. You are literally at the mercy of the gods... Sometimes I wonder if I should just shell out some pennies, buy a US based car, ship it over and use it as a dedicated track car (as it is LHD and can't be road registered)- better to lose $80k than $300k is what I'm starting to think. Time for me to start working 12 hrs, 7 days a week...
Old 05-28-2010, 07:09 AM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

I agree with what you said man about the GT3 RS being so forgiving. And I just know when pushed to the limit it can bite back just like any car. Shocking to know how much benefit a full face helmet + Hans + five point belt helped. Must have been real bad.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:17 AM
Max Power
Racer

Glad to hear that you are OK, and had track ins.

Thanks for posting the info. I'm sure it'll prompt some folks to
take a second look at their safety gear. You are to be commended
for sharing the experience with all your friends here.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 121 Posts

It must have taken an immense amount of courage to start this Thread and without stating the obvious, it's a real shame when an RS bites the dust.

I'm really glad to hear that you are OK and I hope that your insurance company cough up as they should!!

Best of luck with having one parked in your garage sooner rather than later.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by 911rox
We get ripped paying twice as much for the same car and insurance is not an option here in Oz. You are literally at the mercy of the gods... Sometimes I wonder if I should just shell out some pennies, buy a US based car, ship it over and use it as a dedicated track car (as it is LHD and can't be road registered)- better to lose $80k than $300k is what I'm starting to think. Time for me to start working 12 hrs, 7 days a week...
If you insure with Shannons they allow you to include track tuition days. Providing that you don't have a lap timer on.

PM me if you want to be part of this as I am running some days later this year at Sandown and Phillip Island which should fall under this umberalla.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:29 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Glad you are ok with nothing but bruises and pride injuries. As a school trained safety manager and accident investigator and having run industrial, aviation and vehicle safety programs I cannot agree more with your comments on proper safety equipment. There have been many incidents where injury or even death could have been avoided and or minimized if available safety equipment had been used properly.

Thus my soapbox on the Porsche Parade competition rules for autocross. If you add safety equipment to your car you are moved out of stock and into production class. Example my car is stock as from the factory except I have added a fire bottle mounted to the drivers seat and 5 point harnesses ( my factory seats are the sport bucket designed for harnesses) The rules acknowledge these are safety devices yet require you to move up a class and compete against cars that are allowed performance enhancements. Sorry for the rant but the writers of those rules have lost touch with reality. With a bad back the seats and harnesses are required to stabilize my back and allow me to compete rather than sit on the sidelines. Now in my track car I have a cage which does enhance body stiffness but not in my street car that I occasionally autocross. Sorry for the rant.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:41 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Condor Man
If you insure with Shannons they allow you to include track tuition days. Providing that you don't have a lap timer on.

PM me if you want to be part of this as I am running some days later this year at Sandown and Phillip Island which should fall under this umberalla.
PM sent
Old 05-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Gus F
Instructor

I'm very sorry to hear this happen to you, but seen this in a good way you are OK, your decision to share this experience is very useful for all of us sine reinforces the importance of safety first,
I'm sure that you will continue enjoying this great hobby,

Quick Reply: RS Crashed