Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HKE46Boy
Nice wheels! Are those R888?
Yup
Old 05-17-2008, 05:12 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love it! First time i've seen a Frog without all black out wheels, stock or aftermarket.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:33 AM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

When did you swap for a green RS?? I remember the Orange one you had.

Is this the Oackly set-up?? By the way excellent choice on these RS98s'!
Old 05-17-2008, 08:39 AM
str8ner
Racer

Intrax 4 way. How do you like it?
Old 05-17-2008, 10:16 AM
9fan64
Intermediate

nice wheels,,, fit the car wright
Old 05-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 277 Posts

Do you have a side shot by chance? Been thinking about just that combination on my '3
Old 05-17-2008, 11:49 AM
sasportas
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 35 Posts
Default suspension

Just installed InTrax on my GT3 last week. I've started to sort out the adjustments. All I can say is "wow."

I never thought that you could go sailing sideways over the curbing entering the bus stop at The Glen and not miss a beat.

The suspension is very stiff on the smooth stuff and very compliant over the bumpy stuff while cornering.

If anyone else has this set-up, I'd like to talk to you about various adjustments that you may have tried.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:44 PM
TripleM
Racer

Looking v nice

If I may ask, what are the spring rates used front n rear?

Thanks
Old 05-19-2008, 07:17 AM
ScottL
Advanced

Originally Posted by sasportas
Just installed InTrax on my GT3 last week. I've started to sort out the adjustments. All I can say is "wow."

I never thought that you could go sailing sideways over the curbing entering the bus stop at The Glen and not miss a beat.

The suspension is very stiff on the smooth stuff and very compliant over the bumpy stuff while cornering.

If anyone else has this set-up, I'd like to talk to you about various adjustments that you may have tried.
I have the intrax 4 ways on my RS. I found the default front settings are pretty good.

On the rear I found the car would "pogo" exiting slower corners on the power. This was resolved when I increased the rebound damping. Intrax default is -25, Oakley run -14 on their car. On a smooth circuit (eg Silverstone) I ran with -10. I also went to 28 on the high speed bump and 10 on the low speed.

Try that and let me know how you get on.

PS - what tyres are you running?
Old 05-19-2008, 03:42 PM
str8ner
Racer

Scott,

How do you like this suspension? What do you compare it to?

Thanks,

Stephan
Old 05-20-2008, 07:09 PM
ScottL
Advanced

I've done two trackdays since I had them fitted.

My initial observation is that the front end of the car is significantly better. Much more neutral, great turn in without being nervous. Supple over the kerbs, yet very tight control under braking and in high speed corners. Pretty clever stuff. I haven't adjusted the front at all yet. Feels like it working really well. I'm running -12 rebound, 10 high speed compression and 7 low speed compression.

The rear I found a little stiff and bouncy to begin. As noted I've since increased rebound which greatly reduced the bouncing motion. Loads of grip at the rear. Very safe and benign. Still some improvement to come though I think. Incidentally I'm running the standard rear stabiliser bar on the middle setting. Before fitting the intrax I'd resorted to the new GT2 rear bar to get the car turning in better.

I'm running the original fitment Pirelli Corsa System tyres. They work a lot better with the intrax dampers than the stock dampers that's for sure. Going to try motorsport Corsa's next now they are available in 19" sizes.

I'm off to Spa this weekend for a couple of days on track. Henk the founder of Intrax is coming along to help setup my car and 3 others (two other 997RS's and one 996RS).

Will report back on our experiences.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:12 PM
sasportas
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 35 Posts
Default InTrax

Scott,

I'd love to compare settings. I just got back from Watkins Glen and Summit Point Raceway. As with your observations, I left the front compression as recommended and tightened the rebound. The rear I adjusted the same as your's and Oakley's.

What I found was that in high speed sweeping turns, including running over curbs and bumps, the car was completely composed and stable. On slow speed, tight turns, the car would under-steer like a pig (especially if I was on the throttle). My sway bars were set to one hole from firm in the front, and full soft in the rear. I just couldn't get the car to rotate with this set up.

The next day was raining, and I decreased all compression settings by -4 and moved the front sway bar to the middle setting but I still had tremendous under-steer.

I think that the bars need to be set equal front and rear (in the middle) to gain the best results. I was also wondering if adjusting the rebound or compression in the rear or front as well would decrease the under-steer in the slow tight turns when you're on the throttle.

Let me know your thoughts? Also, I'm running the stock Pilot Sport Cups which are known to increase under-steer.

Thanks
Old 05-21-2008, 09:19 AM
ScottL
Advanced

Originally Posted by sasportas
Scott,

I'd love to compare settings. I just got back from Watkins Glen and Summit Point Raceway. As with your observations, I left the front compression as recommended and tightened the rebound. The rear I adjusted the same as your's and Oakley's.

What I found was that in high speed sweeping turns, including running over curbs and bumps, the car was completely composed and stable. On slow speed, tight turns, the car would under-steer like a pig (especially if I was on the throttle). My sway bars were set to one hole from firm in the front, and full soft in the rear. I just couldn't get the car to rotate with this set up.

The next day was raining, and I decreased all compression settings by -4 and moved the front sway bar to the middle setting but I still had tremendous under-steer.

I think that the bars need to be set equal front and rear (in the middle) to gain the best results. I was also wondering if adjusting the rebound or compression in the rear or front as well would decrease the under-steer in the slow tight turns when you're on the throttle.

Let me know your thoughts? Also, I'm running the stock Pilot Sport Cups which are known to increase under-steer.

Thanks
Hmm...the stock Cup+ tyres don't help but with the intrax the car should be turning in nicely. What geo settings are you running? Also I take it standard tyre sizes front and rear?

Quick Reply: Champions and Intrax 4-way on Frog RS