Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Champions and Intrax 4-way on Frog RS

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 04:19 PM
GlennMc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sasportas
Are you on "middle" setting in the rear and one hole from full stiff in front?
I'm on stock Roll bars, with stock settings now.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:38 PM
datax
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GlennMc
That's the problem with the Toyos, they have a very square shoulder, so you get a fair bit of tyre roll before the car turns in, it can make the car feel a bit strange.

I tried the Hoosiers last week at Spa, they were awesome, but strangely, when i put the Toyos back on, they didn't feel too bad, maybe because i was dialling into the track more and more....

Some footage here if you are bored.....

Asked the guys if they wanted me to film them from behind....starts off slow, but pics up nicely, especially the 2nd
link

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...aCameralap.flv

Last lap:

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...pafinallap.flv
You are quick! That white 6RS in front of you isn't slow either. Wonder what kind of tires he's also on.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:02 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GlennMc
That's the problem with the Toyos, they have a very square shoulder, so you get a fair bit of tyre roll before the car turns in, it can make the car feel a bit strange.

I tried the Hoosiers last week at Spa, they were awesome, but strangely, when i put the Toyos back on, they didn't feel too bad, maybe because i was dialling into the track more and more....

Some footage here if you are bored.....

Asked the guys if they wanted me to film them from behind....starts off slow, but pics up nicely, especially the 2nd
link

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...aCameralap.flv

Last lap:

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...pafinallap.flv
Yes they are, even more pronounced feeling then RA1's which I was shocked about... First day on them at the track was a weird feeling, felt like the car had crazy body roll but the tires just gripped through the tilt, as the tires started to wear in it got better but still there.. Pressure also make a huge difference, suffice to say it takes a bit to find what works best but they are great when you get there.

I would love some high res pic's sent to my email dragon133@aol.com when you get a chance.

Videos are AWESOME, thanks for sharing!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:35 AM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

Your pace on the last lap was outstanding! I'd love to go to Spa sometime soon.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:47 AM
GlennMc
Racer

Originally Posted by datax
You are quick! That white 6RS in front of you isn't slow either. Wonder what kind of tires he's also on.
He's a good driver, used to compete in Rallying.

He was running on the proper 18" Motorsport Cups, they are fantastic track tyres.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:25 AM
GlennMc
Racer

Originally Posted by iLLM3
Yes they are, even more pronounced feeling then RA1's which I was shocked about... First day on them at the track was a weird feeling, felt like the car had crazy body roll but the tires just gripped through the tilt, as the tires started to wear in it got better but still there.. Pressure also make a huge difference, suffice to say it takes a bit to find what works best but they are great when you get there.

I would love some high res pic's sent to my email dragon133@aol.com when you get a chance.

Videos are AWESOME, thanks for sharing!
Pics sent

Quick Reply: Champions and Intrax 4-way on Frog RS