OT:Help son got busted for 102mph

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 02:14 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,643 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Originally Posted by drh
No disrespect intended, but wouldn't it be nice if we all had a rich daddy to come to our rescue when we made a boo-boo.

Is your boy going to pay for that lawyer?
Is he going to pay for that ticket?

Life it tough and it's best learned when we pay our own way and pay for our own **** ups.

Yeah...and my little baby girl was a perfect angel when she bought her new Jetta at age 17. Until she told me 10-years later how she had it pegged at 120 on I205 one night.

My guess is your boy was doing what porky says he did. I did it when I was 18 and I still do. 20-years of MX never stopped me from speeding when I had the op.

my $0.02
i understands your point. my rich dad bought a a 300ZX when i was in high school. i wash waxed it. went to a dance, crashed the toy before i got there. no i wasn't drinking. i didn't speed, believe it or not, but i was an idiot.

**** happens. for young kids especially.

but as a dad, i will bail my kid out and DISCIPLINE the **** out of him. he will be locked up except going to school. he will have no privacy under my eyes. he will do what i tell him... i am not kidding. that's how my rich dad did to me. i NEVER set a foot out the door ever again. i learned.

i am now doing the same with my 3.5 year old. he drops one morsel of food on the table, i chew her out so loud my neighbor came over. no tv, no juice, no dora, no diego, no candy for a week. she learned very fast. if she cries, i leave out in the back yard for an hour until she shuts up.

if you dont bail the kid out who will? get the kid back and then BEAT the **** out of him.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:36 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the black box might have the data. Ask your dealer service guys, Before you do make sure your sin understands the deal. Maybe just tell him "hey, guess what? I have good news. I can get aa read out of your speed from the ECU at the dealer!" Then watch his expression.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:33 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Roberga
I did tell him that and his expression cahnged abit but not much
he said GOOD now we can show that old man the truth.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:38 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

He is alive, not on drugs, and not in jail. It is a good day.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty

i am now doing the same with my 3.5 year old. he drops one morsel of food on the table, i chew her out so loud my neighbor came over. no tv, no juice, no dora, no diego, no candy for a week. she learned very fast. if she cries, i leave out in the back yard for an hour until she shuts up.

if you dont bail the kid out who will? get the kid back and then BEAT the **** out of him.

Damn! This is really disturbing. You can discipline and love your child at the same time.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:34 PM
PramTT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
You know He DID have my magellan, but I dont think it logged data. It was navigation a route but not logging speed. I wish there was a way I could get that data!
I have the Garmin Nuvi GPS and although it does not exactly do data logging, it does record your max/highest speed.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:44 PM
pl
Drifting

try one of those devices GPS data logger.
http://www.semsons.com/i747bldalogp.html
i would have that in my kids car so i know where they went, how fast they've gone. etc.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:54 PM
dagor6
Advanced

Paced him.
Well, that's patently untrue, he was passing. The cop couldn't have paced him.

Here's the deal, your son was probably doing close to 100 mph. 80mph there is reasonable and an overtake is going to be 95.

The ticket is for 102. There's a reason for that, it's over 100 mph. If it were 101 the judge would throw it out for an error. I can't believe it's not more obvious that the cop lied to push the ticket to 100+.

Google for traffic lawyers in that area, one of them will sort the whole thing out until it's a 1 pointer that traffic school solves.

And believe me, the kid has already learned his lesson. Watching you pay his traffic lawyer is going make him feel even more like ****. You'll get your mileage out of this one for awhile.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:43 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

dagor, very good point on "pacing" how does the cop accurately state it was 102, when I am assuming the cop was not right on his tail when he was passing. Sounds like a crock!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:15 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

WHy wasnt he paced? there were 6-7 cars traveling north on 395 on a two lane part following a semi . Its night. The hwy opens up to 4 lane. The semi moved over to the right. All 6-7 cars got in the left hand lane and passed the semi. My son got past the semi and pulled over to the right hand lane. So did the car behind him who turned out to be the cop. The lead 2 cars went on ahead and continued on their way.
My son could not tell a patrol car at nite . The car that turned out to be the CHP was directly behind my son for at least 10 minutes before the passing lane came up. How is that patently a lie?
Old 04-28-2008, 03:24 PM
dagor6
Advanced

After passing He though he saw a abulance behim him and he pulled over to give the emergency vehicle room and someone pulled in behind Ryan.
Maybe I read it wrong, but I'm envisioning that the cop wasn't on his bumper during the pass or he wouldn't have thought it was an ambulance when the lights came on.

Picture this, you've got a cop on your butt, but you don't realize it. You get over to pass a truck, he's on your ***, you gun it to pass. He's still on your *** doing a "bumper pull" for pacing purposes.

You pull back in and he hits his lights and you think this is an ambulance???

Ryan pulled out to pass in a passing zone with 3 other cars behind him.
I might've misread this too, but I took this to mean that the cars passed with him (which they'd never do it if the second car is a cop).

It sounds to me like he made a pass, in the distance behind him was a cop, who saw the whole thing and probably radar'd him. Then turned on his lights from 1/4 mile back and ran him down. which he saw from an 1/8 mile and pulled over thinking it was an emergency vehicle.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:39 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
Damn! This is really disturbing. You can discipline and love your child at the same time.
i dont recall saying "love"...
i only discipline.
wife loves the child. i discipline.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:45 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

it's pointless to discuss "pacing".
how does one define "pacing".
i was "paced" by a cop 4-5 cars behind me. we went to court, i have no council. he won.
pacing doesn't mean he has to be directly behind you. if you are in my view, i can pace you even if we are 1/2 miles away with cars in b/n.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:04 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

what ever the case its kind rude just to come on here and say thats a blatant lie. I know exactly where he got pulled over. its about 26 miles of 2 lane and it opens up for 4 lanes for quite awhile and everyone is always stacked up there. The extra lane opens up every one moves to the left to pass at once.
He is getting over to finish the pass ( I always tell him to keep right.) and the lights come on.
the lights are in the grill not on the top as on a usual patrol car. He pulls off to give room (he thinks its some kind of emergency vehicle and then that vehicle pulls all the way over too and it turns out to be a patrol car. His bad luck because this weekend is opening fishing season and there were 5 times the normal amount of patrol cars out. Typically I see 2, 1 or none on a regular weekend. When I went up Saturday they were all over the place. I think there were 9 going up and 6 or so coming back.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:13 PM
dagor6
Advanced

Hold on a second before you get yourself worked up. I'm saying that the cop is lying in asserting that he has actually paced the car from what your story sounded like.

The guy is trying to claim that your son was a triple digit speeder. If he was simply "in the view" of your son then he's turning a speed estimation ticket into a pacing ticket and trying to assert some b.s. level of accuracy so he can take him down for a 100+ ticket.

Quick Reply: OT:Help son got busted for 102mph