Warning for anyone dealing with North Olmsted Ohio Porsche...STAY AWAY

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 03:36 PM
OhioGT2
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning for anyone dealing with North Olmsted Ohio Porsche...STAY AWAY

Hey everyone,

I am a frequent visitor over here but rarely post. Due to the completely unprofessional way I was treated over at North Olmsted Ohio Porsche, I felt everyone here should be aware. FYI, they bought Sunnyside Porsche and are new in the Porsche scene, but they still apparently have their Honda mentality.

I've been talking with the owner (Bernie) and GM (Chad) for about 3 months now on ordering a 2008 GT2. After multiple discussions letting me know I was the only one they were talking with regarding a GT2....and as long as they were confirmed an allocation....I would be able to buy their car. Well I get a call this morning from Bernie telling me he was confirmed a car for 2008 but he is not going to sell it to me. He wants to auction it off to the highest bidder since he thinks he can get $100k over sticker. Hell, I can understand the greed, because that's how some dealers operate, and if he would have been honest with me from the onset, I wouldn't have had an issue with his right to ask whatever he wanted for the car. But to waste my time over multiple discussions telling me they were going to sell me their allocation is really shady. I think as soon as he heard only 70 cars for 2008, he thought screw this customer and whatever I told him over the past few months, I can get more money from someone else....

I will never step foot in that dealership again and for any of you members in the Ohio area, be extremely careful dealing with them. They cannot be trusted and will not honor a verbal agreement.

I guess I should have contacted another dealer as a back-up, but I felt bad screwing around with another dealer's time. I really enjoyed my 700whp 996 GT2 and was planning on having a lot of fun with this 997 version. Oh well, live and learn. But stay away from anything these guys are part of.....

Jamie
Old 08-09-2007, 04:11 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks to get jerked like that. You may want to check around for another. Not every dealer is pulling these shenanigans these days. I don't think it will be too tough getting your hands on a $200K P. Try going over the dealers head and direct PCNA to this thread and practice.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:16 PM
normank
Racer

Caveat emptor. If no money changed hands (deposit) and no contract signed, it's all a waste of more time. Advice above makes sense. I don't see that there will be unlimited competition to put down 200k + to buy a GT2. Write it off as a learning experience and start dialing your next 10 favorite Porsche dealers. Good luck.

P.S. You can count on me never to visit or buy from that dealership.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:38 PM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

Even deposits are worthless. They'll just return your deposit and that'll be the end of it.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:58 PM
OhioGT2
AutoX

Originally Posted by YA911Fan
Even deposits are worthless. They'll just return your deposit and that'll be the end of it.
Exactly. I would assume the good dealers already have their cars ordered with deposits at MSRP, so my best hope next year is that they don't sell as well as Porsche thinks and I find one advertised at MSRP in the right color. It will be interesting if they command the same premium the RS's do in the aftermarket. I don't know a single person who ordered an RS last year over sticker.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:34 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,667 Likes on 2,331 Posts

$100k over msrp for GT3?
i cannot believe there are idiots like that to pay that kind of money.
i wont even pay $100k even for a CGT.
i think the dealer is having a wet dream.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:27 PM
doc2s
Burning Brakes

mooty, he was talking about a 997 gt2. i agree with what you said.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Jamie-

You and I both know that's not the reason why we didn't sell you the car. Ask anyone (use the search button here my friend) who's done business with us and it'll show that is not in our character to do such a thing.

I've sold MANY fellow 'Lister's here cars- and as you very well know your rep on the 'net' can either go really well or REALLY bad.

In this case you're upset because when Bernie DID find out we were even getting an allocation (which based on your 1st conversation he didn't even know what the heck the car was let alone IF we were going to get one) he made a dealer decision and that is to hold the car out for one of our clients. Our loyalty resides with our loyal clients. So if one of them wants to wait to see the car- so be it. Charging a 100K over sticker? Come on. You know that's a 100% lie. Why then didn't we charge over sticker for our GT3RS? or either of our GT3's? Or on the incoming 08 GT3??

Because it's not in our nature to do so.

We're the only one in Ohio getting the GT2. And you're pissed that you're not getting it. I would be upset to...but why didn't you put a deposit on it? What exactly were you waiting for? - Just doesn't make sense.

There's always 3 sides to each story. Yours. Bernie's. And the Truth. And in this case- Bernie Moreno and the Truth are BOTH on the same side.

I know you're a really respected person amongst the tuner industry- And I repsect that as avid lover of cars....But you're not only way off base; but you're making statements that just aren't true.

Not classy at all.

Chris Sanner

Last edited by Likemystoppie?; 08-10-2007 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Old 08-09-2007, 10:22 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I have tried buy cars from Chris and he has always been on the up an up. Like you said 3 sides
Old 08-09-2007, 11:58 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

i feel for you Jamie.. I really do. Sucks *****
Old 08-10-2007, 12:09 AM
Chilipadi
Track Day

how does one become one of these 'loyal customers'? and afforded previledges above someone else.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by Chilipadi
how does one become one of these 'loyal customers'? and afforded previledges above someone else.
You've purchased cars from us. We have clients who are from Jamie's neck of the woods who have purchased MANY cars from us in the last year.... Shoot- the whole family just replaced 7 cars within the last month alone!!

But folks who've done business with us- that's who we call a loyal client.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:20 AM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guy got the rug pulled. Not too hard to figure that one out.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:32 AM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

This dealer's explanation is pretty lame.

Under what circumstances would the prior agreement with OhioGT2 about a potential GT2 allocation have had any value?

"If nobody else wants it, we promise you can have it."

Quick Reply: Warning for anyone dealing with North Olmsted Ohio Porsche...STAY AWAY