Originally Posted by pole position
Correct.
Ogner was easier to do business with.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:28 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
This is funny: I have one person complaining that we wouldn't take a deposit and another that we asked for a deposit. LOL Ironic.

If you are referring to me I was simply pointing out the conflicts between yours and Bernie's stories.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 996toomey
If you are referring to me I was simply pointing out the conflicts between yours and Bernie's stories.
Toomey- no it wasn't in reference to you or your statements.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:11 PM
magwheel
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is funny: I have one person complaining that we wouldn't take a deposit and another that we asked for a deposit. LOL Ironic.

Hmmmmmm..... NO.... What is really funny is that you don't even remember asking me for a deposit on the CLK63BS and promising me the #1 car. What the heck.... you're the one that turned me on to the car in the first place! Then you call me back days or a week later and say the first car is spoken for but I can have the second one if I give you a deposit.

Actually, 'you all' did me a favor. I had a Mercedes dealer GM in Columbus cold call me because a friend mentioned my name to him. I inquired about the CLK63BS and after checking, he said I could have their first one and to my surprise, NO DEPOSIT was asked for! Plus, when I asked how much they were going to ask for the car, he responded that he wanted my business and they would sell me the car for $500 UNDER MSRP STICKER!!! Not a whole hell of a lot but certainly appreciated on a 'supposedly' hot car! I'll bet the guy who bought your first CLK-AMG didn't get any money off....... now did he?

BUT... to be honest, I'll wait until the deal is finally closed with this dealership before I mention their name anywhere. FYI, my salesman e-mails me usually once a week and/or calls me once a week with updates as to the whereabouts of my CLK63BS.

Chris... Since you pushed, I shoved back! You really don't wanna get me started because I can throw up some more stuff that will 'sting like a bee'! Michael (aka as Magwheel)

Last edited by magwheel; 08-12-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by magwheel
Hmmmmmm..... NO.... What is really funny is that you don't even remember asking me for a deposit on the CLK63BS and promising me the #1 car. What the heck.... you're the one that turned me on to the car in the first place! Then you call me back days or a week later and say the first car is spoken for but I can have the second one if I give you a deposit.

Actually, 'you all' did me a favor. I had a Mercedes dealer GM in Columbus cold call me because a friend mentioned my name to him. I inquired about the CLK63BS and after checking, he said I could have their first one and to my surprise, NO DEPOSIT was asked for! Plus, when I asked how much they were going to ask for the car, he responded that he wanted my business and they would sell me the car for $500 UNDER MSRP STICKER!!! Not a whole hell of a lot but certainly appreciated on a 'supposedly' hot car! I'll bet the guy who bought your first CLK-AMG didn't get any money off....... now did he?

BUT... to be honest, I'll wait until the deal is finally closed with this dealership before I mention their name anywhere. FYI, my salesman e-mails me usually once a week and/or calls me once a week with updates as to the whereabouts of my CLK63BS.

Chris... Since you pushed, I'll shoved back! You really don't wanna get me started because I can throw up some more stuff that will 'sting like a bee'! Michael (aka as Magwheel)
Michael, still got the Carrera GT?

The CLK Black looks phenomenal.

If you ever decide to sell your RS can you let me know. I'd be interested.

I agree with the point you made above. Long term relationships are always more beneficial to each party individually and collectively. Too many take the easy, short-term view.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Michael-

It's our policy to ask for deposits- and I'm NOT the GM nor am I Bernie. However- not everyone can be the GM or the Dealer Principal-That's why there's Sales People: I have protocol to follow- it wasn't personal: Just business. I asked you very politely and directly: "Do you want the car?". You NEVER responded to me or my requests. We sold the car (big surprise considering that there's 11 other Sales People here) to another client. It was as good as yours- but you just didn't follow through with me; and I certainly was NOT going to hassle a client who's spent a lot of money with us. I took it as you were just uninterested. And the reality was- you would have recieved a price concession BECAUSE you are who you are.

The sad part here is I'm afraid that loyalty only goes ONE way. I'm not pushing with you Michael- but you can stop treating me like a piece of ****.

I don't have your money; but I don't have to have money to understand when someone thinks they can talk down to or **** on me.

Thanks
Chris
Old 08-11-2007, 09:58 PM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

"Have you considered a career in sales?"

The sad part here is I'm afraid that loyalty only goes ONE way. I'm not pushing with you Michael- but you can stop treating me like a piece of ****.

I don't have your money; but I don't have to have money to understand when someone thinks they can talk down to or **** on me.

Thanks
Chris
Old 08-11-2007, 10:03 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It appears to me that at somepoint in this whole thing Jamie - ohiogt2 was led to believe the car was his. It appears he offered to put a deposit on the car, it appears he was told IF there was an allocation is was his. At this point it appears those are facts that have not been disputed by anyone including the owner himself. IT also appears that everyone at the dealer knew that Jamie had the cash for the rig which probably was the reason no one ever bothered to take a deposit. You knew his word and money were good. If that is not the case then you still led him to believe the car was his, kept him on the hook as a sure fire sale, then pulled the rug out from under him when you figured out you could make more money on the car. Yet again not disputed by the owner who is trying to CYA. At the end of the day Jamie gave up putting his name on several lists because he was led to believe he would get a GT2 from this dealership, and was led to believe that this dealership would get an allocation. That is pretty damn close in legal terms to "consideration" though the only thing prohibiting is Jamie was not any cash though the offer for cash was made. This is a bad deal. There is simply no way to spin this, and an effort has been made to spin it. I am a pretty young Porsche owner and have had 2 already. I trade cars. A lot. I can say that based on this I will not be doing business at this place. It is shady, it is wrong, it is misleading. Period. Furthermore even worse it appears the owner has sanctioned this and CAN sleep peacefully at night doing business in this manner. I could not honestly, and will not do business with people who do. As proof a few months ago I was looking at a Carrera S at a dealership in Florida. I liked the car and considered making an offer. Before I called it seemed the name of the place rang a bell for some reason so I did a search and sure enough I found that this place had wrecked a car belonging to a member here and basically told him to pound sand with diminished value, trade preference, etc. They offered to fix the car and that was that. He was now saddled with a wrecked car with their service agent issued a citation as at fault. As soon as I realized it was the same place I bought a Carrera S elsewhere. I am not the only person who feels this way regarding this type of practice. I am putting this dealership on the same list. I understand it is a business and the goal is to make as much as possible. SOme can do that and maintain ethics and principle some can not.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:31 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Michael-

It's our policy to ask for deposits- and I'm NOT the GM nor am I Bernie. However- not everyone can be the GM or the Dealer Principal-That's why there's Sales People: I have protocol to follow- it wasn't personal: Just business. I asked you very politely and directly: "Do you want the car?". You NEVER responded to me or my requests. We sold the car (big surprise considering that there's 11 other Sales People here) to another client. It was as good as yours- but you just didn't follow through with me; and I certainly was NOT going to hassle a client who's spent a lot of money with us. I took it as you were just uninterested. And the reality was- you would have recieved a price concession BECAUSE you are who you are.

Thanks
Chris
How sad. I have followed many of your comments in other posts here on Rennlist and I'd say you have a long way to go and a lot to learn about how to become a professional sales person. Your comments are unacceptable and lack descretion. A true sales professional never communicates this way in writing or verbally. To post this kind of communication on an enthusiast's forum is despicable and you should be ashamed of yourself. You owe Magwheel (Michael) an apology.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

What a sorry bunch of whiners complaining about sh*t they don't remotely know about.

"Wahhhhh, the dealer sold the car I wanted, wahhhhhh." Christ !

Get over it, folks. Take your reputations, you mega bucks and your attitudes and buy another Ferrari or some such deal. The dealer doesn't owe you a friggin' thing, bro.

Just move on. This thread smells like dead fish. What a bunch of cry babies.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:57 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Baggerdude
What a sorry bunch of whiners complaining about sh*t they don't remotely know about.

"Wahhhhh, the dealer sold the car I wanted, wahhhhhh." Christ !

Get over it, folks. Take your reputations, you mega bucks and your attitudes and buy another Ferrari or some such deal. The dealer doesn't owe you a friggin' thing, bro.

Just move on. This thread smells like dead fish. What a bunch of cry babies.
I hear what you are saying, but it isn't about whinning. It is about integrity.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:29 AM
rop3
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

I was told that the other Dario F. purchased two of the 60 2008 GT3 RS cars from Champion Motors in Pompano Fla. I had an option to take the last of Champions five Rs 's for market price, while I temporarily lost my original NJ allocation.

Originally Posted by Dariof
I know. His name is soooo close to mine that when I see it on TV, I have to take a double-take to see why my name is on TV.

My friends constantly remind me that I won Indy...wouldn't that be awesome?
Old 08-12-2007, 01:15 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Rop
Champion got 60 RS's!!!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 02:10 AM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Michael-

Thanks
Chris
Yikes dude! You are only digging your hole deeper and not helping your dealership at all. With everything that I have read, I too will have to put your dealership on my black list.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:52 AM
normank
Racer

Michael-

Thanks
Chris
Wow. You better hope you win the lottery, because your never going to have money using that sales pitch.

Quick Reply: Warning for anyone dealing with North Olmsted Ohio Porsche...STAY AWAY