Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Warning for anyone dealing with North Olmsted Ohio Porsche...STAY AWAY

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 12:12 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Folks,

It appears that they never offered to take a deposit and just as importantly never told anyone the car is theirs. They decided to sell the car for whatever price once they knew one was coming.

This is exactly what happend to the RS I wanted at my previous dealer. While I felt a little miffed, I got over it quickly and found another dealer who made a comittment and honored it. It is, after all the dealer's car to do with as they please.

While they appear to be a little sesitive, I understand somewhat since multiple people here have jumped on them without the whole story a/o automatically called the dealer into question for selling it for what they want to sell it for. Apparently they treat some folks right. And some guys think that dealers should prostrate themselves in front of their cutomers like they are Cesars. That's BS too. These guys are just like you and me and deserve respect too. It ain't easy sifting silt all day looking for nuggets.

I think some have been hard on Chris and Co. and they have answered back a little too informally. They are talking to you as they would no doubt speak to peers, but some think they should handle even the most obnoxious attacks meekly because they are dirt after all and some here are Royalty.

I'm with Baggerdude, this has become a clusterhump.

Ohio, go put deposits down at every dealer you can. Even tho I think that's inconsiderate too,at least you might get one.

Anyone offended by Chris, don't buy from him.

Chris, sell your cars for what you want and change your identity here so you can say what you want without guys taking frustrations out from their previous dealings with other dealers in life.

And Pole Position, thanks for your inimitable analysis.

Let's go eat now and forget about this.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:43 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
Folks,

It appears that they never offered to take a deposit and just as importantly never told anyone the car is theirs. They decided to sell the car for whatever price once they knew one was coming.

This is exactly what happend to the RS I wanted at my previous dealer. While I felt a little miffed, I got over it quickly and found another dealer who made a comittment and honored it. It is, after all the dealer's car to do with as they please.

While they appear to be a little sesitive, I understand somewhat since multiple people here have jumped on them without the whole story a/o automatically called the dealer into question for selling it for what they want to sell it for. Apparently they treat some folks right. And some guys think that dealers should prostrate themselves in front of their cutomers like they are Cesars. That's BS too. These guys are just like you and me and deserve respect too. It ain't easy sifting silt all day looking for nuggets.

I think some have been hard on Chris and Co. and they have answered back a little too informally. They are talking to you as they would no doubt speak to peers, but some think they should handle even the most obnoxious attacks meekly because they are dirt after all and some here are Royalty.

I'm with Baggerdude, this has become a clusterhump.

Ohio, go put deposits down at every dealer you can. Even tho I think that's inconsiderate too,at least you might get one.

Anyone offended by Chris, don't buy from him.

Chris, sell your cars for what you want and change your identity here so you can say what you want without guys taking frustrations out from their previous dealings with other dealers in life.

And Pole Position, thanks for your inimitable analysis.

Let's go eat now and forget about this.

I already did. I just rode my BMW 1200GS Adventure up to the Rock Store and had a short stack and a cup of coffee. Jay and/or Arnold were not present today.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:32 PM
rop3
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

No, sorry for the confusion they were allocated 5 in total for model year 2008 ( I think the total run for the US is 60 not certain).

I have a vacation home in S. Florida and had talked to them originally about an 07 thinking more likely to get one since they are one of the highest volume dealers in the States, but they would not take any deposits. So I went with my local dealer.

When I had an issue with my local dealer on the 08 that was promised I called them up. They said they had 5 coming in, 3 were sold, one to the owner 2 going to Dario F. and two available to order at 50k over MSRP.

I could not justify the markup and fortunately for me, my legitimate deal was honored and I am very excited about getting the car for real this time.

Saw an orange RS yesterday being prepped at looked unbelievable. IMO it blows away the other two Italian brands no offense to any of those owners.

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Rop
Champion got 60 RS's!!!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 05:46 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Not only does it look as good but its better executed as a system.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:34 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by YA911Fan
"Have you considered a career in sales?"
Old 08-12-2007, 08:52 PM
kennygoodboy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by normank
Wow. You better hope you win the lottery, because your never going to have money using that sales pitch.
+2 (I wanted to agree more than once...)
Old 08-12-2007, 11:49 PM
magwheel
Instructor

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Michael, still got the Carrera GT?

The CLK Black looks phenomenal.

If you ever decide to sell your RS can you let me know. I'd be interested.

I agree with the point you made above. Long term relationships are always more beneficial to each party individually and collectively. Too many take the easy, short-term view.
No... I sold the Carrera GT and SLR and bought the 07 F430s. I just wasn't driving the other two enough to justify keeping them. I'm driving the F430s a LOT more and they're a little easier to live with.

I'll keep you in mind about the RS.

I'm going to do another post here addressed to Chris because I'm bummed out that he thinks I'm a so called 'big shot' and I've never acted or talked like that. Unfortunately this thread has turned sour a couple of times and I don't want to be blamed for purposely stepping on someones toes because that's not me. Mags
Old 08-13-2007, 01:37 AM
magwheel
Instructor

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Michael-
It's our policy to ask for deposits- and I'm NOT the GM nor am I Bernie. However- not everyone can be the GM or the Dealer Principal-That's why there's Sales People: I have protocol to follow- it wasn't personal: Just business. I asked you very politely and directly: "Do you want the car?". You NEVER responded to me or my requests. We sold the car (big surprise considering that there's 11 other Sales People here) to another client. It was as good as yours- but you just didn't follow through with me; and I certainly was NOT going to hassle a client who's spent a lot of money with us. I took it as you were just uninterested. And the reality was- you would have recieved a price concession BECAUSE you are who you are.

The sad part here is I'm afraid that loyalty only goes ONE way. I'm not pushing with you Michael- but you can stop treating me like a piece of ****.

I don't have your money; but I don't have to have money to understand when someone thinks they can talk down to or **** on me.

Thanks
Chris
Chris, You know, in reality, I'm not exactly sure how you left it with me. I know you asked me for a deposit and I think I said let me think about it. But, if you did have someone who wanted it bad, you could have at least called me back and (in a joking manner) said, "Hey Mr. Procrastinator, we have someone who want the Black Series real bad. What the hell are you going to do?" I can take a joking barb with no problem at all. It just bummed me out that when you did call me back, you said it was sold and I could have the 2nd one.

Secondly, I've always prided myself with just being one of the 'boys'! I've never intentionally treated anyone like dirt and I always watch myself that I don't ever make that mistake! If indeed, you or anyone think that's how I came off, I sincerely apologize to you in front of everyone here.

I'm NO better than anyone else on this forum. The only reason I'm able to buy the cars I own is because MY FATHER busted his *** virtually every day of his life in business and was lucky enough to be very successful. I owe EVERYTHING to MY FATHER and MOTHER!

In fact, if DAD was still here with me, the only thing I'd be driving around in would be a motorized wheelchair because he would have broken both my arms and legs after finding out the cars that I own! He even asked me years ago why the hell I ever needed more than one or two cars to drive around in.

Now to try and set the record straight on Bernie and his dealerships.

I first met Bernie onliine when I made a post about a letter coming off the rear deck of my CGT. Bernie made a post to bring it up to his dealership and he would be more than happy to fix it for me.

Before I went up, I somehow came into heat for a Cayenne Turbo S and Bernie had one with everything including the kitchen sink. Upon arriving there, I was greeted very friendly and Bernie had me come to his office. We sat down and tried to hammer out a deal which we eventually reached.

While sitting there, I watched Bernie in action. This guy is a working fool! I broke out into a sweat just watching him! He was talking to me, answering the phone, working on his computer and even a calculator! When I saw him in action, I said, "Bernie, what the hell.... you're gonna explode doing everything all at once. He laughed and said he was use to this kind of action. It definitely freaked me out though! Bernie treated me like a brother during this transaction!

Some months later, after selling my Gallardo and Murcielago, I decided I wanted a Mercedes SL550 and S550. I think I called Chris and he searched around for me. What he found in color and options didn't turn me on so I went to my local Mercedes dealer. They had what I really liked so I made a deal with them. This is where I felt Bernie and his staff were possibly upset with me because I didn't buy the cars from them.

In January of this year, I finally got off the fence and felt I wanted an SLR. I called Chris again. He talked with me, I gave him the exterior color and interior color I wanted and the price I wanted to pay.

Chris talked with Bernie, and they found me exactly what I desired at the price I wanted to pay. They even had to change the first deal because the initial SLR they found had the standard seats and not the extra wide seats!

What really freaked or bummed me out about that deal was that Bernie (personally) NEVER called and thanked me for the purchase and saying he was glad to be of service to me. Chris did, but Bernie didn't and I had thought we established a great friendship with each other. I even mentioned to him that in the past, almost EVERY car dealer who dealt with me, never called to say hi months after my purchase. You would think after knowing how 'sick' I was about cars, that they would call to ask me if I had the 'heebie jeebies' again! Bernie promised me he would be different!

About three weeks ago, I went into heat again.... this time for a 599. (I'm worse than a dog!) The exotic car dealer I deal with in Cleveland, Marshall Goldman Auto Sales, Marshall's son Harlan, worked his *** off trying to get me financed, but the banks were a little gun shy because of my inventory. He and Bernie are real good friends and unknown to me until later, he somehow hooked up with Bernie to get me financing on the 599 through Mercedes Benz financing. If it wasn't for Bernie, I MAY not have been able to get my hands on the 599. I certainly want to thank him here for his assistance and efforts.

EVERY TIME I was at either of Bernie's dealerships, everyone was absolutely professional and friendly in dealing with me. Would I buy another car from one of Bernie's dealerships? Certainly.... but I'm still 'crying in my beer' that during the whole purchase of the SLR, I NEVER spoke to Bernie once!

One more thing. OhioGT2, I'm sorry for your episode and I hope you or anyone else won't be pissed at me for saying this but when any car dealership receives notice of a 'very small production car', (I hate the word 'limited' from over use), I believe they should have the right to sell it for whatever the market will bear as long as it's in an up and up way. They are in business to make money and whenever a 'small production car' comes around, they should be able to sell it for the highest offer. (But they should allow everyone and anyone who wants to, get a chance to make a bid or offer).

In any line of business, it's either a Seller or Buyer market. If you have a hot product, you got a winner and you're able to make some extra bucks to offset some of your other products that may not be winners. "Some days we get the elevator and some days we get the shaft!"

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding that may be out there and that everyone knows I put my pants on the same way as ALL of you do!!! Mags

p.s. Sorry for being a big windbag but I had to get some stuff off my chest!

Last edited by magwheel; 08-13-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

MagWheel:

Excellent post ^.

I especially like the part in thanking your parents for what they did for you. Too many seem to forget that detail.

I'm NO better than anyone else on this forum. The only reason I'm able to buy the cars I own is because MY FATHER busted his *** virtually every day of his life in business and was lucky enough to be very successful. I owe EVERYTHING to MY FATHER and MOTHER!

Take care.....

Dario F.

Quick Reply: Warning for anyone dealing with North Olmsted Ohio Porsche...STAY AWAY