Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

"Club Sport" Roll Bar & Seat Install Complete

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 12:21 PM
doc2s
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are these studs welded to the plates or are they bolts going through the plates? if bolts, how did they account for the bolt head thickness to lay the plates flat on the floor. thanks.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:34 PM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doc2s
are these studs welded to the plates or are they bolts going through the plates? if bolts, how did they account for the bolt head thickness to lay the plates flat on the floor. thanks.
Welded to round steel tubing.

Also the anchor bolts are provided by Schroth with the harness kit. They supply plates to anchor through the tub of the car. We did not want to penetrate the tub, and on the driver's seat you have an issue with electronics below the seat.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:47 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much did the welding of plates, etc. cost you? Why couldn't Porsche send all RS' with factory welded plates?
Old 07-03-2007, 02:07 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by RMN22AJR
Problem? I actually agree with the post that I was lucky to get the seats. If you want the Euro "Club Sport" package this is what it costs.

Also, I post info on this site to help fellow Rennlisters, due to the fact we all don't have they same resources and we are here for information.
I was kidding. Hence the
I would probably do the same thing for my RS when it arrives if I didn't spend so much $$$ on my Cup car.

I appreciate the info you provide here!!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:08 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 85 Posts

Also the anchor bolts are provided by Schroth with the harness kit. They supply plates to anchor through the tub of the car. We did not want to penetrate the tub, and on the driver's seat you have an issue with electronics below the seat.
I think he was asking about the studs on the flat plates for the roll bar.
That sub strap bar is very cool.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:10 PM
doc2s
Burning Brakes

thanks. i was actually asking about the plates for the roll bar (thanks gt3 nut).
Old 07-03-2007, 04:20 PM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

thanks. i was actually asking about the plates for the roll bar (thanks gt3 nut).
Here is the link to Schroth regarding the belts on the roll bar. The installation is different if you are using 3" belts or the 2" wide upper belt with your HANS system.

I will use the system that wraps the roll bar per the enclosed diagram - no bolting to the the bar.

http://www.schrothracing.com/info/2
Old 07-03-2007, 04:23 PM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
I was kidding. Hence the
I would probably do the same thing for my RS when it arrives if I didn't spend so much $$$ on my Cup car.

I appreciate the info you provide here!!
Thanks for the clarification - glad to see you have similar issues!!!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 04:34 PM
doc2s
Burning Brakes

thanks again. my question is regarding the plates you welded to bolt the front feet of the roll bar to. are these studs welded to the plate or are they bolts going through the plate with the bolt head sandwiched betwen the floor and the plate? if the latter how did they account for the bolt head thickness to make the plate flat with the floor.

thanks.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:49 PM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

thanks again. my question is regarding the plates you welded to bolt the front feet of the roll bar to. are these studs welded to the plate or are they bolts going through the plate with the bolt head sandwiched betwen the floor and the plate? if the latter how did they account for the bolt head thickness to make the plate flat with the floor.

thanks.
OK I finally understand the question: We started with 1/4" steel plate, drilled holes and countersunk the bolts, bolt head to match countersunk holes then welded bolt in place and finally ground down bottom of plate to fit the tub of the car. Then welded plates to tub of car, painted with white paint and orange overspray to match factory plates.

Then installed bar with nyloc nuts.

Last edited by RMN22AJR; 07-03-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:09 PM
doc2s
Burning Brakes

OK I finally understand the question: We started with 1/4" steel plate, drilled holes and countersunk for bolts, bolt head to match countersunk holes then welded bolt in place and finally ground down bottom of plate to fit the tub of the car. Then welded plates to tub of car, painted with white paint and orange overspray to match factory plates.

Then installed bar with nyloc nuts.

great. thanks.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:55 PM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

Originally Posted by BobbyC
How much did the welding of plates, etc. cost you? Why couldn't Porsche send all RS' with factory welded plates?
I don't know Chris @ C2 is still preparing the bill. I will post once I know the costs of Labor, Painting Etc... Parts paid for through Bob Brooks @ DWR.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:43 PM
willr
Advanced

I'm surprised that the standard clubsport package is only a 4 point harness. Are you sure?
Old 07-04-2007, 09:29 PM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

Originally Posted by willr
I'm surprised that the standard clubsport package is only a 4 point harness. Are you sure?
Yes I have the Porsche German order guide 4 point only with "Club Sport" package. No big deal to change to 6 point.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:51 AM
willr
Advanced

That's very strange. The UK brochure states:

Clubsport package: Standard on the new 911GT3 RS, a no-cost option on the 911GT3, the Clubsport package provides additional protection during trackday or competition use. Included with the package are a bolt-in rear roll cage behind the front seats,a six-point racing harness in red for the driver’s side (not fitted),a fire extinguisher with mounting bracket (not fitted) and a preparation for a battery master switch available from Porsche Motorsport

I'm certainly expecting to get a 6 point harness on mine!

Quick Reply: "Club Sport" Roll Bar & Seat Install Complete