Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

"Club Sport" Roll Bar & Seat Install Complete

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 08:34 PM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tcracing
The actual Schroth belts supplied for the seats from Porsche do not require the anchor points you have installed. They bolt on right onto the seat belt adaptor.
That is news to me. Is this info in the Schroth installation guide, and if this is true why did Scroth supply anchor plates and bolts in my harness kit. Additionally how is the 20 degrees of slope on the sub belt achieved at the mounting points you are referring to in your post.

I sure would like to see a picture of your method vs. what we came up with. Additionally, Bob at DWR / Vortex, a Scroth dealer, was a part of this design concept.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:24 PM
RWK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that Brey-Krause also makes a sub belt the may fit, that would to the factory sliders. Anybody use this one? It also allows mounting of their extingushier bracket.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:14 AM
tcracing
Rennlist Member

Default Correct Porsche part number for Schroth Profil II-6.

For our application is 996.803.037.95

Tico
Old 08-04-2007, 06:03 PM
oh yea
Instructor

looks like the key was turned on while teh shock struts were unplugged. Now I have a TC and PASM warning light . anybody know how to get these working again?
Old 08-04-2007, 06:09 PM
doc2s
Burning Brakes

try disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes and then connect it and drive the car for a mile or to. fault might get reset.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:09 PM
oh yea
Instructor

installed clubsport last week Eurosport in VA BCh did the install came out great viperbob supplied the goods chris c2 the bar worked great . Thanks to this post and forum for all the great info.
Car should be illegal it is some damn fun!!!
Old 08-10-2007, 09:12 PM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

Originally Posted by oh yea
installed clubsport last week Eurosport in VA BCh did the install came out great viperbob supplied the goods chris c2 the bar worked great . Thanks to this post and forum for all the great info.
Car should be illegal it is some damn fun!!!
Thanks for the kind words - exactly why I joined RennList to gather info and help others with the same passion.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:28 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RMN22AJR
Thanks for the kind words - exactly why I joined RennList to gather info and help others with the same passion.
Could you be kind enough to describe is as much detail as possible the comfort, feel, position, etc of the Clubsport seats vs the 996 Euro GT3 seats? I have the Euro GT3 seats but 'am considering buying the Clubsports. Thx
Old 08-12-2007, 10:52 PM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

Originally Posted by BobbyC
Could you be kind enough to describe is as much detail as possible the comfort, feel, position, etc of the Clubsport seats vs the 996 Euro GT3 seats? I have the Euro GT3 seats but 'am considering buying the Clubsports. Thx
I have a 996 GT2 with sport seats, no history with 996 Euro GT3 Seats. The number one reason I would change the seats is is to lower the seating position - the standard seats sit too high and weigh too much. In regards, to the 997 "ClubSport" seat vs. the 996 Euro GT3 seat is the design the 997 seat allows for better vision out the rear window and IMHO looks better. Yes the price is expensive, but as I did buy the seat that was designed for your 997, and FYI they are very comfortable and the seating position is just right. FYI I am 6'0" and 200lbs.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:00 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 996 GT2 with sport seats, no history with 996 Euro GT3 Seats. The number one reason I would change the seats is is to lower the seating position - the standard seats sit too high and weigh too much. In regards, to the 997 "ClubSport" seat vs. the 996 Euro GT3 seat is the design the 997 seat allows for better vision out the rear window and IMHO looks better. Yes the price is expensive, but as I did buy the seat that was designed for your 997, and FYI they are very comfortable and the seating position is just right. FYI I am 6'0" and 200lbs.
Thanks...much appreciated.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:14 AM
Thomas Wiege
3rd Gear

Install just completed on Friday 6/29 of the roll bar and seats. Chris & Spencer @ C2 Design in Tampa, FL did a great job installing the factory "Club Sport" package / parts. Additionally, Bob Brooks aka: ViperBob on this forum of DWR Motorsports, Tampa, FL was also "The Source" for the parts. He knows ALL the parts required to install everything per factory specs.

The seats are "Smooth Leather with Alcantara Inserts" vs. the "Flame Retardant Fabric Seats". You do have a choice regarding this issue.

Also the harness is a Schroth 6 Point harness, I added the sub belt, vs. Porsche only provides a 4 point system with the "Club Sport" package.

I have the Halon factory red fire bottle, not sure if I want to install very large - will probably only use on track days.

C2 Design, Tampa, FL 813.223.3744

DWR Motorsports, Tampa, FL 813.874.1911

Here are some pics to review.
Hi to all Rennlist forum members. I live in Singapore abd my RS is being build this month for delivery in December. My dealer told me that there is no alternative to the bucket seats in flame retardant fabrics, even I showed him the pic with smooth leather and Alcantara inserts.

Any idea how I can change my order to bucket seats in smooth leather with Alcantara inserts?
Old 09-20-2007, 01:01 AM
XSpeedFreakX
Instructor

Originally Posted by Thomas Wiege
Hi to all Rennlist forum members. I live in Singapore abd my RS is being build this month for delivery in December. My dealer told me that there is no alternative to the bucket seats in flame retardant fabrics, even I showed him the pic with smooth leather and Alcantara inserts.

Any idea how I can change my order to bucket seats in smooth leather with Alcantara inserts?

Only the standard GT3 can be had with bucket seats in smooth leather with alcantara inserts, not the RS.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:46 AM
Jim Bacus
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RWK
I believe that Brey-Krause also makes a sub belt the may fit, that would to the factory sliders. Anybody use this one? It also allows mounting of their extingushier bracket.
Don't use this one if you want to adjust these seats to the lower position, I found out the hard way...
Old 09-20-2007, 07:13 PM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jim Bacus
Don't use this one if you want to adjust these seats to the lower position, I found out the hard way...
Exactly why we made the custom sub-belt bar so the seats could be used in the lowest position. Call Chris at C2 if you want a pair made for your car.

Also ask him to send pics of his factory fire bottle mount - very cool.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:15 PM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

Originally Posted by Thomas Wiege

You can buy the seats through various channels and you could easily sell the fabric seats - probably only option.

Quick Reply: "Club Sport" Roll Bar & Seat Install Complete