Sponsored by:

Damned AC buttons-- a fix???

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2021, 12:19 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by GR997S
how about replacing the original ones that I bought a few years ago. We all know those were inferior, but the new ones are much better. Many thanks.
Hello, did you ever re-install your new climarepair.com switches?
Old 03-16-2022, 12:57 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 571 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com
Hello, did you ever re-install your new climarepair.com switches?
hi climarepair

i finally installed a set of revolution switches i bought a while back (these are the one before the super coating).

they do look amazing but i feel that they arent moving up + down smoothly. would you have any videos to help fix the issue by chance? i have taken a video but not sure exactly how to share it to you

thank you.

Last edited by myw; 03-16-2022 at 01:12 AM.
Old 03-16-2022, 02:01 PM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 219 Posts

My Climarepair switches have barely lasted a year. In the last week I noticed that the black is starting to come off the fan speed switch. I am OCD about short (like zero) fingernails and I treat things carefully. Extremely disappointing to be back where I started.
Old 03-16-2022, 03:07 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,462 Likes on 4,118 Posts

Originally Posted by Hootsama
My Climarepair switches have barely lasted a year. In the last week I noticed that the black is starting to come off the fan speed switch. I am OCD about short (like zero) fingernails and I treat things carefully. Extremely disappointing to be back where I started.
shocker !

Get the MA Carbon ones and be done for the next decade like the first ones lasted.
The following users liked this post:
JerryK (03-25-2022)
Old 03-16-2022, 04:27 PM
smadill
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Have just received replacement switches from Climarepair. Same issue as yours. Get on to them on their website and if that doesn’t work quickly enough keep posting on here. Good luck.
Old 03-16-2022, 04:54 PM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by smadill
Have just received replacement switches from Climarepair. Same issue as yours. Get on to them on their website and if that doesn’t work quickly enough keep posting on here. Good luck.
Yeah, I suppose. I'm not sure I want to mess with it. All the info I saw about enhancements over time, and the 'great' new version... got me to bite. Caveat emptor. For these things to look like **** under minimal use is complete garbage. V3 or V4 or whatever and I guess they work great. So long as you don't touch them.

I'm not exactly stoked to pay $165 + shipping for MA Carbon version unless there is some sort of dyno-proven performance enhancement .
Old 03-17-2022, 03:57 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

these are the revolution switches ?
Old 03-17-2022, 02:18 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,861 Likes on 2,878 Posts

$35 on Amazon - Still look perfect after 4 months

Old 03-25-2022, 08:09 PM
URO Support
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
hi climarepair
i finally installed a set of revolution switches i bought a while back (these are the one before the super coating). they do look amazing but i feel that they arent moving up + down smoothly. would you have any videos to help fix the issue by chance? i have taken a video but not sure exactly how to share it to you
thank you.
Did you happen to see the installation guide for our buttons (part number 997 653 100 KIT)? It might help resolve your issues, even though your switches are a different brand.

Download our installation guide PDF here: https://apaindustries.com/apasite/pa...7653100KIT.pdf
Old 03-26-2022, 12:03 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by URO Support
Did you happen to see the installation guide for our buttons (part number 997 653 100 KIT)? It might help resolve your issues, even though your switches are a different brand.

Download our installation guide PDF here: https://apaindustries.com/apasite/pa...7653100KIT.pdf
i did take a look at this before hand. thank you URO.
Old 03-26-2022, 02:27 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

check this out guys,

my brother ended up getting these switches on ebay (no affiliation) - pakcee brand

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/234343610182...=loc,osub=osub

i did end up installing them and compared them to oem, as well as my climacare revolution switches that i also did a test fit.

here are my honest unbiased thoughts.

- these PACKEE brand switches are the same size as oem, and feel + work identical to OEM factory when installed. the fit + finish is hard plastic, not rubbery (which i prefer). they are sprayed with a more traditional clearcoat that will make the finish last longer. they also move up and down PERFECTLY like oem. again, the lettering + print look good (almost factory font), but not perfect as there is a slight slant and the font is a hair larger. tbh i didnt even notice this until I put the switches side by side with oem / climacare.

- my CLIMACARE revolution switches look good, the lettering + print look perfect. the overall switch however, does not fit nor move as smoothly as factory nor the pakcee (will post a pic in next post to show as to why) - i am not sure yet what i need to do to address this issue (or if it can even be fitted perfectly like pakcee/oem). the fit + finish is also more rubbery, which I personally don't want - as this wierd rubbery eraser spray coat without clearcoat is what is causing this insane fiasco for all of us to deal with - from some of the above posts, this may even plague the revolution switches i purchased. (v5). again, the print / font DOES look amazing on the climacare revolution switches, but the fitment + coating is subpar compared to the pakCee. Can someone with the climcare revolution super coated (2021-v6) switches confirm if these things have been dealt with?

here is the PAKCEE switches installed. i honestly believe it is a VERY GOOD, if not the best value / dollar.

these PAKCEE switches
- look VERY GOOD (not perfect)... but look so CLOSE to factory.
- have no sticky/movement issues as they are the exact same size as oem (peg length - i will show pic in another post)
- have a HARD CLEARCOAT sprayed (not rubber coating) leading me to think they have decent long term resistance to having to repeat this annoying process again + again. i dont have the time to keep swapping switches as they fade. i want to do this ONCE and be done.
- it is shipped for FREE within USA and most of us on RL are from the USA
- total price $33 USD SHIPPED.

Last edited by myw; 03-26-2022 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-26-2022, 02:35 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

can you take a photo? i am curious which generation switch this is. if its revolution (v5) or the revolution super coating (v6)
Old 03-26-2022, 02:51 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Default comparison of PACKEE OEM CLIMACARE REV

Hi guys, when installing, i quickly compared the sizing tying to figure out why the PAKCEE switches moved perfectly like factory while my CLIMACARE REVOLUTION switches were getting stuck. i have 2 sets of climacre Rev (late 2019-early 2020 design) and both have the same issue. i dont have experience with their new revolution super coated 2021 version of switches.

i have pointed out the size differences + design which made it dead obvious to me as to why the PAKCEE have no movement issues, and why move/fit exactly like factory switches.

again my switches were 2019-2020 climacare revolutions that were the best at the time. i only am getting around to installing them now.

ive tried making everything clear as day.

size differences...

peg design height differences.

Last edited by myw; 03-26-2022 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-26-2022, 03:39 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,861 Likes on 2,878 Posts

^^Nice write up & photos----> That Packcee switch "TEMP" is not level - Very obvious it's crooked.

Not sure If I'd like to be staring at that crooked TEMP on the switch

The switches I bought on Amazon for $35 shipped are very nice and work well just like OEM.

Last edited by groovzilla; 03-26-2022 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-26-2022, 04:00 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

i noticed the crooked temp, but thats after comparing. what really surprised me is the OEM temp , is slightly slanted based on the closeups. it wasnt enough for me to notice.

however, id still prefer the oem type of font, vs the switch u posted => it doesn't match all the adjacent fonts on the center stack , hvac etc. the font type/kerning etc... just doesnt match.

Originally Posted by groovzilla
^^Nice write up & photos----> That Packcee switch "TEMP" is not level - Very obvious it's crooked.

Not sure If I'd like to be staring at that crooked TEMP on the switch

The switches I bought on Amazon for $35 shipped are very nice and work well just like OEM.
The following users liked this post:
Tremain (04-27-2022)

Quick Reply: Damned AC buttons-- a fix???