Racer

Received 504 Likes on 105 Posts

Looks amazing as usual ! All business !
Old 05-27-2018, 01:46 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
Finally got the car out but these were the best pics I could get today of the new interior.

The never tiring Crazy Eddie made the new black Alcantara GT2 Sport Bucket seat inserts for me. Yeah not the most exciting choice but hard to do a fun tartan interior on a black car.
He also made the black Alcantara center console lid and with some extra fabric, I knocked out the e-brake banana.
The black Alcantara shifter is OEM Porsche.

These pics make them looked a bit washed out but here's a good side by side shot after trying to balance each shot.
I'll get better shots at some point this month.

As much I love the way the seats came out ....
That steering wheel is nothing short of eye candy !!! Wow .......
Old 06-10-2018, 04:24 PM
kru911
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

@nwGTS, simply an epic thread. Appreciate all the time you put into sharing your experiences in such detail. And as a direct recipient of it ...thank you so much for all the input and advice you have provided in recent years, not only in this forum but on other sites.
Kindly keep it up, and have a fabulous summer!!!
Old 06-12-2018, 04:22 PM
Dino V
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice work, perfection.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:03 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 349 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by kruinc
@nwGTS, simply an epic thread. Appreciate all the time you put into sharing your experiences in such detail. And as a direct recipient of it ...thank you so much for all the input and advice you have provided in recent years, not only in this forum but on other sites.
Kindly keep it up, and have a fabulous summer!!!
Originally Posted by Dino V
Nice work, perfection.
Thanks for the very kind words.

Another update....
Chicago has looked like this for the past week and a half so I killed time with another project.

The audience for clear taillights is polarized. I like them a lot on some colors but think they looked worst on black cars. Well, I have two pairs of clear tail lights sitting around (i don't know why either). One pair needed some repairs so I fixed them, tinted them and tossed them on to see how they looked. After the light tint I kind of like them. I'm not totally sold but will run them for a while and see if they grow on me.

What do you guys think?

Old 06-12-2018, 05:11 PM
amplitude
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm usually not a big fan of tinted taillights, but think they really work well with your car.

If I recall correct, your headlights are also tinted, right?
Old 06-12-2018, 05:13 PM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 94 Posts

Your car looks absolutely gorgeous, but I vote against the clear taillights.

Those seats and the steering wheel are to die for. What happened to your E88's? You only use them for the track? I would leave them on permanently!
Old 06-12-2018, 05:27 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by amplitude
I'm usually not a big fan of tinted taillights, but think they really work well with your car.

If I recall correct, your headlights are also tinted, right?
I normally loathe tinted tail lights. Mostly because they are too dramatic a tint and often are used to 'blackout' the tail light or they just don't work with anything else on the car. This is only a 5-7% tint so it's just enough to tone down the bright red and not call too much attention to it.
And yes, the rest of my exterior lights have this same light tint applied.

Originally Posted by ATSR
Your car looks absolutely gorgeous, but I vote against the clear taillights.

Those seats and the steering wheel are to die for. What happened to your E88's? You only use them for the track? I would leave them on permanently!
E88s will go on for tracking and I'll keep them on when I have track days within two weeks or so of one another. Anything over a month and I like to have these on. Chicago streets are torture and denting the E88 lips/halves while simple enough to repair would be a PITA.
I think the black Carrera Sports and tinted lights stay just the right side of being too murdered out. And I'm probably overthinking it but the bright silver of the E88s while still looking pretty good, doesn't match the light tinting as well as the black Carrera Sports. If I were to run the E88s permanently, id get rid of the tint. Ultimately though, I'm trying to keep the ethos of the GTS which is really a street car that may see some track.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:49 PM
amplitude
Instructor

I agree; your taillights are probably more lightly smoked, which takes the edge off of the bold red of the lens. Makes for a nice, clean, uniform look, without dulling the look down.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:04 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

I agree; your taillights are probably more lightly smoked, which takes the edge off of the bold red of the lens. Makes for a nice, clean, uniform look, without dulling the look down.
Mine are even lighter than these but the first time I saw this 4.0 I was sold on them.
They look even better here with the Anthracite and Guards Red stripe over the standard Silver and Guards Red.
http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/02/...ecision-rs-rs/

Old 06-12-2018, 06:24 PM
amplitude
Instructor

Think what really sells me on them is seeing the LEDs lit up under that light tint. Really gives it a sinister appearance.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:29 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Think what really sells me on them is seeing the LEDs lit up under that light tint. Really gives it a sinister appearance.
totally

Old 06-12-2018, 08:02 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 602 Likes on 357 Posts

i love the clears and i do think they work best on lighter/sportier colors, but your light tint really makes them suit your car well... well done as always.

minor nitpick, i think your rear GTS badge is just a touch too high.

Originally Posted by nwGTS
The audience for clear taillights is polarized. I like them a lot on some colors but think they looked worst on black cars. Well, I have two pairs of clear tail lights sitting around (i don't know why either). One pair needed some repairs so I fixed them, tinted them and tossed them on to see how they looked. After the light tint I kind of like them. I'm not totally sold but will run them for a while and see if they grow on me.

What do you guys think?

Old 06-14-2018, 11:33 AM
BF951
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

I really like the look. Having been rear ended I am concerned if the tinting dulls the attention you are trying to get from the text blinded people behind you.
How does it look with the lights on?
Old 06-14-2018, 11:38 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by myw
minor nitpick, i think your rear GTS badge is just a touch too high.
I wanted to call BS so I took my measuring tools up to the car and sure enough its a few mm to high. Easy fix.

Originally Posted by BF951
I really like the look. Having been rear ended I am concerned if the tinting dulls the attention you are trying to get from the text blinded people behind you.
How does it look with the lights on?
Technically yes, is reduces output by 5% but that's negligible. Anything darker and I would be concerned certainly. we've all seen those guys on the road (or not as it were).

Quick Reply: Life with a 997.2 GTS 6MT