Sponsored by:

Bluetooth A2DP Solution? New

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 02:50 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Bluetooth A2DP Solution? New

So there have been a couple threads about wirelessly playing music from your phone to the PCM. The Viseeo Tune 2 Air seemed to be the only option for A2DP and being able to control the music from the PCM.

I saw this on 6Speed:

Amazon.com: Bluetooth Adapter for Audi and Volkswagen iPod iPhone AMI Cable - CoolStream CarPro: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Bluetooth Adapter for Audi and Volkswagen iPod iPhone AMI Cable - CoolStream CarPro: Cell Phones & Accessories

Its supposedly and American company and the website says the following:

Manufacturers Models Compatible with CoolStream Duo
Porsche 911 Carrera 2012 with Bose Sound System

If that refers to a 991, my understanding is that the PCM is the same as a 997.2.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:06 PM
kcheves
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought and returned the Viseeo Tune 2 Air because on my 2009 C2s (PCM 3.0), I couldn't simultaneously pair my phone to the PCM for incoming calls and smoothly stream by Bluetooth. I believe this was a limitation of the PCM or my iPhone, not the Viseeo Tune 2 Air.

I'd love for this to work, but am skeptical. Please report back if you buy this!
Old 10-14-2017, 11:00 AM
JMPEMP
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been using tune2air from viseeousa works well in my car without issues. I have the 1000 model plugged.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:50 PM
F308gt4
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Ive been using the Tune2air (now called the Bovee1000) since June on my 09 with no issues. You need the original iPod cable, then my phone pairs to the Bluetooth. Works really well. Control is through the PCM, or phone. The only issue is that with an Android phone, the music info is not displayed (I think it is if you use an Apple phone).
Old 10-14-2017, 05:56 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 349 Likes on 230 Posts

Nevermind. Answered my own question.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:30 PM
AmericanPupusa
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been using the Boveee adapter as well. Works really well. Songs show up on the display.

http://a.co/2jdBgkh
Old 10-17-2017, 11:32 PM
Loseit2me
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After doing a done of research I bought the Coolstream Carpro https://coolstreamrocks.com/carpro-b...vw-ipod-cable/

Ironically, I have the Tune2air Audi AMI version in my S4

Both work well. Definitely work much better with IPhones then with my old android
Old 10-19-2017, 02:16 AM
Myren
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second Boveee adapter as well

⛔★ Signature: Universal 007 License Plate HIDE Gadget / Fender Eliminator by: 007Plate.com ★⛔

Last edited by Myren; 12-26-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:10 AM
heatz
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 997.2 with a PCM that connects via BT to my iPhone. I'd like to add BT streaming as well, but my understanding is that adding a 3rd party BT device as mentioned in this thread will allow me to pair and stream music to the BT device connected to iPod cable, but I cant BT connect to the PCM for phone use. Is there a solution for both Phone and music streaming simultaneously?
Old 12-26-2017, 11:20 AM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by heatz
I have a 997.2 with a PCM that connects via BT to my iPhone. I'd like to add BT streaming as well, but my understanding is that adding a 3rd party BT device as mentioned in this thread will allow me to pair and stream music to the BT device connected to iPod cable, but I cant BT connect to the PCM for phone use. Is there a solution for both Phone and music streaming simultaneously?
I’m subscribed to this thread as I’m in the same situation. My default solution for my 2010 4S Cab (PCM 3.0) is to have my iPhone 7 paired via BT for calls through the PCM plus a 160gb iPod that I leave permanently connected to the wired system in the center console that I can control via the PCM. But I’d ideally like to be able to replicate what I have in my 2012 Cayenne S (which has PCM 3.1): BT connection for phone and wireless streaming for Pandora, Spotify, and the music library on my iPhone
Old 12-26-2017, 11:37 AM
F308gt4
Racer

Originally Posted by North Shore 911

I’m subscribed to this thread as I’m in the same situation. My default solution for my 2010 4S Cab (PCM 3.0) is to have my iPhone 7 paired via BT for calls through the PCM plus a 160gb iPod that I leave permanently connected to the wired system in the center console that I can control via the PCM. But I’d ideally like to be able to replicate what I have in my 2012 Cayenne S (which has PCM 3.1): BT connection for phone and wireless streaming for Pandora, Spotify, and the music library on my iPhone
If you use the Bovee1000 (or the Coolstream, presumably), you can pair the phone via bluetooth to the PCM, and music via bluetooth to the Bovee1000 unit. This works. If I am listening to music, and a call comes in, it will pause the music and allow me to answer the call. When I'm finished with the call, the music begins playing where it left off.

Note: I am using an android phone, and in settings, it lets you pick which device is paired for phone and which device is paired for music. I assume you can do the same with an iPhone.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:17 PM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by F308gt4
If you use the Bovee1000 (or the Coolstream, presumably), you can pair the phone via bluetooth to the PCM, and music via bluetooth to the Bovee1000 unit. This works. If I am listening to music, and a call comes in, it will pause the music and allow me to answer the call. When I'm finished with the call, the music begins playing where it left off.

Note: I am using an android phone, and in settings, it lets you pick which device is paired for phone and which device is paired for music. I assume you can do the same with an iPhone.
F308,

This is great, thanks for confirming this. I just took at look at their website and it looks like this simply replaces any corded device with a flexible wireless solution to give you exactly what you already have from a functionality perspective. So if I have the Bovee 1000 connected to the end of my y cable (where I currently have my iPod permanently connected) and I want to stream Pandora from my iPhone 7, I simply have to select “iPod” as the source on my PCM and I get everything that I need (steering wheel controls, PCM info, etc.). And that should allow my telephone functionality to work as it always has. That makes complete sense, and with free returns (and an old Amazon gift card that was collecting dust) I just bought one on Amazon Prime to give it a whirl

Thanks for the info, looking forward to being able to wirelessly stream music in my 4S Cab as easily as I can in my PiG
Old 12-26-2017, 12:38 PM
heatz
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

great info! So the Bove1000 + suncoast Y cable should allow BT streaming from iPhone and BT phone calls (through existing PCM3. Amazon
Amazon Amazon
sells a Y cable that goes from 3.5mm jack and USB to the Bovee - would this work as well? I want to stream Pandora and be able to skip/advance using steering wheel controls - do I need the iPod interface cable from Suncoast to do this and forget the 3.5mm/USB cable?
Old 12-26-2017, 02:09 PM
ajayabb
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I frequently would get audio hiccups when using the Tune2Air and connected to my BT Phone simultaneously. Any owners of the Bovee experience this ?
The following users liked this post:
Alfissimo (08-12-2022)
Old 12-26-2017, 02:46 PM
F308gt4
Racer

great info! So the Bove1000 + suncoast Y cable should allow BT streaming from iPhone and BT phone calls (through existing PCM3. Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1PGMLS...detail_2?psc=1 sells a Y cable that goes from 3.5mm jack and USB to the Bovee - would this work as well? I want to stream Pandora and be able to skip/advance using steering wheel controls - do I need the iPod interface cable from Suncoast to do this and forget the 3.5mm/USB cable?
I think it would work, but you will have to control music via the phone rather than the PCM or steering controls. I think you'd be better off getting the correct cable from Suncoast.

Originally Posted by ajayabb
I frequently would get audio hiccups when using the Tune2Air and connected to my BT Phone simultaneously. Any owners of the Bovee experience this ?
I get an occasional hiccup, but not very often, Maybe once or twice a week. Fwiw, the Bovee is just the tune2air, but renamed.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth A2DP Solution? New