Have nav
Always works: volume, connection
Intermittent: MF button
Old 02-28-2018, 10:46 PM
Damon88
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by doclouie
Coolstream Pro acts exactly like Bovee 1000. No difference. It doesn’t work. Those who have either that display songs on the PCM.

Do you have the steering wheel controls?
Do you have navigation?

I have navigation and do not have the steering wheel controls.
Trying to figure out why it will not display anything.
Thanks.
I have Coolstream
NAV
Steering controls
all my music is displayed on PCM.

Once my car is turned on, it takes about a minute for my phone to link sometimes. I also will go into settings on PCM and press iPod. If it is on Aux i don't have music displayed but can still hear the music.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:50 PM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

Is there anyone out there that does not have the steering wheel controls that this works?
Old 03-01-2018, 12:16 AM
F308gt4
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Is there anyone out there that does not have the steering wheel controls that this works?
I have to admit, I am stumped by your issue. I wonder if there is something not connected properly, or some setting that needs to be turned on via durametric?

To answer your question: Yes and no- My car originally had steering wheel audio controls. However, shortly after buying it, I replaced the steering wheel with a paddle-shifter wheel (bought new from Suncoast Parts) which did not have steering wheel controls. I bought the Bovee unit quite some time afterwards, so I can't say for sure if the steering wheel controls worked with the Bovee- though I remember others posting that they did. I use the controls on the PCM to advance songs, volume, etc.

Do you have access to a durametic, or know someone who does? Maybe hooking it up to your car might discover some setting that needs to be turned on for it to work? What year is your car? Mine is a 2009 (997.2). I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Is your radio system completely original? Maybe something was replaced along the way?

It's really strange. The fact that the Bovee and the other unit don't work suggests its something specifically with your car.

On Edit: What phone are you using for pairing. I originally did it on a Samsung S7, but now it's an iPhone X. On the android, when paired, in the settings for bluetooth was a checkbox for whether you wanted to Bovee to be connected as a phone vs media (or you could check both, IIRC). If you are using an android phone, may be worth while to see what checkbox is checked. The Bovee should be selected as being paired for media, not phone. I don't think Apple has a similar setting, so if you are using an iphone, may not be applicable.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:16 AM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 160 Posts

I have an 09 with the base radio, no steering wheel controls, the iPod connector and the bovee 1000 and it works. Most of the time.

I know what you are talking about with the aux only. Sometimes my PCM does not recognize the iPod.

If I don't lock the car the next time I get in it is messed up. The PCM shuts off and the phone stays connected to the bovee because there is still power to it for 20 minutes or so.

Try this. Remove the iPod connector. Disconnect phone from both the PCM and the bovee. Sync phone with the PCM. Plug in iPod connector. Sync with the bovee.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:44 AM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

My car is a 2009 with the Bose radio, no steering wheel controls, using my iPhone 8.

Thanks. So at least one person who does not have steering wheel controls is getting the Bovee to work. There goes that theory.

Unfortunately i I do not have access to a Durometric and being so new to this car I do not know who has one. I will post a thread in my local PCA and see if I can borrow someone’s at the next cars and coffee weekend.

Thank you very much for the replies. I will try all the stuff you guys have suggested after work tonight.

Last edited by doclouie; 03-01-2018 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:35 AM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

I figured it out. All the music I listen to on my phone is streamed. I do not have any music downloaded to the phone and I do not use iTunes. In working with the Bovee technical support they made mention that I must have a song downloaded to the phone, which I did not have. I downloaded the song from iTunes and poof the song is displayed on the PCM and I can control everything whether it is in pandora, Amazon music or even YouTube. Thanks again for being patient. Happy dance.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:26 AM
F308gt4
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I figured it out. All the music I listen to on my phone is streamed. I do not have any music downloaded to the phone and I do not use iTunes. In working with the Bovee technical support they made mention that I must have a song downloaded to the phone, which I did not have. I downloaded the song from iTunes and poof the song is displayed on the PCM and I can control everything whether it is in pandora, Amazon music or even YouTube. Thanks again for being patient. Happy dance.
Awesome that you got it to work!

It's funny, but iTunes is one of the issues I've had with my system. I only want it to play downloaded music. So I turned off cellular for music. However, at home, and at work, I am connected to wifi. When I get into the car, wifi is still on, and if I turn on the music right away, it tries to play music over wifi- and now that you mention it, i can't control it when that is happening. The volume is extremely low. Then it stops playing as soon as I drive out of range of the wifi.

To eliminate this issue, I have to wait until I drive off and am out of range of the wifi to start playing music via bluetooth.

I love my iPhone, and it is better than android in many ways. However, iTunes is a mess. I wish apple would make the software more user friendly and stop trying to force people into doing what they (apple) wants.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:55 AM
heatz
Advanced

del
Old 04-30-2018, 07:59 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Subscribed

Thanks for info folks
Old 05-08-2018, 09:25 AM
heatz
Advanced

My Bovee was working fine until a week ago. Steering wheel controls, display etc. all worked great. Then 'all of a sudden' I lost ability to change volume with steering wheel or PCM controls. I could still play songs and Mute worked but no display and no volume control. Turns out you have to have a song downloaded to your iPhone in order for the volume and PCM display to work. During an upgrade, all songs had been erased. Very strange, but seems to be a solution. This was mentioned earlier in this thread, but I didn't believe it as it makes no sense, at least to me. But it works.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:47 PM
The Saint
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the Bovee 1000 and it works as advertised. I have a (maybe dumb) question though. My car isn't a daily driver so does the Bovee need to be charged when not in use, or can I just leave it in the car all the time? Thanks.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:33 PM
ajayabb
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

You can just leave it in the car
Old 05-24-2018, 12:19 AM
The Saint
Intermediate

Awesome. Thank you.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:53 AM
DaveCSparty
Track Day

Hi so I just bought my 997.2 last month and having the same issue as some above where if I plug in my iPhone directly via a lightning to 30 pin adapter, or connect via the Bovee 1000, I am unable to control the volume on the PCM. I can adjust the volume on the phone but even maxed out the volume is too low to listen to when the car is in motion. Are there any settings that I need to set? Please note that I am streaming all my music via Spotify. I've given up my music collection a long time ago and listen to everything via streaming nowadays.

Thanks in advance for your help or any advice!

Quick Reply: Bluetooth A2DP Solution? New