No
Old 02-04-2016 | 08:24 PM
Lahainabry
Racer

I wear a P car hat but I drive a Cab.
Old 02-04-2016 | 08:39 PM
NAM VET
Pro

One of he advantages of getting old, like me, is the freedom to just not give a rat's rear end about what other people think about what I wear. And in the same vein, i also don't care about what other folks wear. If you like the jacket, wear it wherever and whenever you want.

all the best....

NV
Old 02-04-2016 | 08:46 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NAM VET
One of he advantages of getting old, like me, is the freedom to just not give a rat's rear end about what other people think about what I wear. And in the same vein, i also don't care about what other folks wear. If you like the jacket, wear it wherever and whenever you want.

all the best....

NV
+997 And, the same thing about being self conscious about the car. Sure, it's expensive, but you worked hard to afford it and/or scrimped elsewhere. Your true friends will be happy for your success and the happiness you derive from the car. Otherwise, who cares? If people are gonna be jealous or petty, that's their problem...T
Old 02-04-2016 | 09:29 PM
crazycarlitos
Advanced

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Flashy to me would be jackets peppered with patches from front to back, and sleeves. Everything on it, like Chop Suey or a walking billboard.
Couple of patches are not so bad. =)

Below is the one I have (bought at discount of course) and I get compliments quite often when I wear it

Old 02-04-2016 | 09:35 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by crazycarlitos

Below is the one I have (bought at discount of course) and I get compliments quite often when I wear it

This jacket you posted suits my style. Cool!

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 02-04-2016 | 10:13 PM
Paqueras
Instructor

Old 02-04-2016 | 10:18 PM
r_32
Instructor

I wouldn't but it isn't my style.

That said I do have a hat that says Porsche and I like to wear hats on the wkend in the Pcar or not. Have a set of cufflinks I wear to work sometimes. But I have several general automotive cufflinks as well. Have a couple Blipshift tshirts that are Porsche related but subtle. Never wear things together though.

I like the brand, like my car, and generally like the camaraderie of the group. Sometimes wearing something subtle reminds me of it if I am at work, some stupid event or whatever and reminds me how lucky I was to get to this position to have the car I wanted in addition to so much else. It makes me happy and I am not really worried if someone else sees it or notices me.

If you like it and want it, get it and rock it whenever you like. Life's too short.

But the comments about working it into any conversation always apply! If you bring it up on your own it is a bit douchy. I think there are only a couple of people at work who know I have one and that is because one of them saw me in it.
Old 02-04-2016 | 10:26 PM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

I always admire the gear at the Porsche display at the Auto Show. I have only bought the key fobs. I like the Martini Racing colors for shirts and jackets, but I pretty much avoided looking like a douchebag with my M5 and I am trying to stay with the program even though the Porsche stuff looks so much better.

My one Porsche indulgence has been a watchband. Check these Lemans bands out at NatoStrapsCo. No more 20mm which you need for a Rolex.

I also got the M version.
Old 02-04-2016 | 10:27 PM
metric91
Advanced

Originally Posted by crazycarlitos

This I like! Where is it from?
Old 02-04-2016 | 10:28 PM
Omnigeek
Instructor

I see you bought the jacket. Heck, if you like the cut and look of it and it was at significant discount, why not? The ones that make me laugh buy stuff just because it has an emblem so they can be seen with the flash (and usually buy the knock-off stuff when they do).

IMO, those who can, do. Those who can't, put on the flash. I have a Porsche lanyard for my entry badges but only because the dealership gave me one and my old lanyard was broken. I drive the Porsche for me, not for others.
Old 02-04-2016 | 10:33 PM
mikes70
Rennlist Member

Funny, asked myself and wifey the same question.

I wouldn't and didn't buy any P-car schwage before i owned it, now i have a hat, not bad (although i dont where hats, it was a gift from my mom)

I like getting out of the car with my dirty jeans, with holes in em, after just working on the the camaro i cruise/autocross/track ( my 70 i "can" work on).

I guess most of us here are "car guys", drivers. Its what i am and why i bought this car, far from a trophy, but still a dam nice car...
Old 02-04-2016 | 10:40 PM
Fracture
Rennlist Member

Old 02-04-2016 | 10:40 PM
jglaze
Racer

Originally Posted by Omnigeek
I see you bought the jacket. Heck, if you like the cut and look of it and it was at significant discount, why not?
At the end of the day, that's what I figured, and I assume that I'd probably have bought the jacket even if I didn't own the car because it fits my style. Honestly, the only person who will give me crap about it is my wife.

...but they also have a women's version I could get for her and we could look like catalog models with matching jackets.
Old 02-04-2016 | 11:06 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Paqueras
Hilarious!
T

Quick Reply: Porsche Jacket, yes or no?