Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 03:00 PM
chekraze
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ademnezi
That would be me )
Why do you think seller only asked that much for it?
Old 04-17-2018, 03:03 PM
ademnezi
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chekraze
amazing deal! Did you have an out in case PPI was somehow disastrous?
Yes thats exactly what our deal was, I also Left him a Check for the full amount that was Dated for Today in case I didnt return the Car.
He did say his phone was blowing up and kept calling me that day asking if I was going to buy it.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:05 PM
ademnezi
Rennlist Member

Well like I said the car isnt perfect, has 74k Miles on it and has 2 damage reports showing on Carfax.
but to me it was all good. They weren't Major Accidents , and he had spent a lot of money getting back to where it was with some nice upgrades. ( Turbo Wheels dipped in Black, Built in Laser Radar Detection,)
Old 04-17-2018, 03:06 PM
ademnezi
Rennlist Member

I am happy to sell it to you if you think he should have asked for more money
Old 04-17-2018, 04:17 PM
chekraze
Racer

That would be me )
I am happy to sell it to you if you think he should have asked for more money

sure.. how much?
Old 04-17-2018, 04:32 PM
montauk
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found pretty much my dream 997. It's a 4S coupe - silver with coral interior - my favorite color combinations. It's a bit older than I'd like and a lot higher miles. I'm waiting to get the VIN number from the seller. I'm not sure if this is a reasonable price or not.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=911
Old 04-17-2018, 04:35 PM
Greg964
Pro

Originally Posted by montauk
Found pretty much my dream 997. It's a 4S coupe - silver with coral interior - my favorite color combinations. It's a bit older than I'd like and a lot higher miles. I'm waiting to get the VIN number from the seller. I'm not sure if this is a reasonable price or not.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=911

I called on that car more than a month ago and it was sold.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:37 PM
montauk
Instructor

Originally Posted by Greg964
I called on that car more than a month ago and it was sold.
RATS!! I need to look at autotrader more often. I usually check cars.com, cargurus and the Porsche website.
Dave
Old 04-17-2018, 04:52 PM
Raky
Intermediate

Hey all, proud owner of a 2007 911 Targa 4S that I bought in February. Hadn't seen this thread until well after I got my car, however I am sure it wouldn't have made much difference as I knew the car would be mine no matter what... That being said, out of curiosity, how much if any did I overpay (never planning on selling it). I paid $55k which may be a slight premium but it was worth it for a one owner car that is actually my unicorn (been searching for over a year). Here is the link: https://www.platinumautohaus.com/200...65-c-12684.htm

$147k Window Sticker
Old 04-17-2018, 05:10 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 139 Posts

Thats a very high end build, has the X51, full leather and a Targa. PCCB too. At 55K I think you got a good deal. Your loaded Targa sticker price is actually above a GT3 with a few options for that year.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:14 PM
chekraze
Racer

agree. that's an insane build sheet. i thought you paid too much until I saw that.

anyone care to speculate if this is likely to not drop in value given reasonable miles and maintenace/repairs being done
Old 04-17-2018, 05:15 PM
Raky
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DC911S
Thats a very high end build, has the X51, full leather and a Targa. PCCB too. At 55K I think you got a good deal. Your loaded Targa sticker price is actually above a GT3 with a few options for that year.
Thanks! Guess you never know. I figured it had to be in the ballpark of what it was worth. As part of the paperwork, I have a letter to the previous owner from Porsche requesting a $20k non-refundable deposit because of the unique build on the car.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:17 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

That is a unicorn's unicorn! X51 Targa! Pics please!

A 44k mile GT Silver Targa 4S manual, also a 2007, nice build (probably $110-115K) sold at $46,000 here at the dealer mid spring 2017, and it sold in a few days.

Is your build worth an extra $9k? To a lot of people, I would say yes. I don't think you overpaid, although the buyer pool for your car would be much smaller than a non X51 with a slightly cheaper build. Still, if you wanted X51, you were either going to pay $55,000 or risk it selling to another party while you waited for a price drop (and then having extensively bruised legs from kicking yourself after it did sell to someone else) so if you are happy with the car, great job! Plenty of us have hedged on the perfect car, only to lose out on it because we were too cheap to spend an extra $2,000. These cars are just too rare; if your "perfect" build shows up, jump on it if you can afford to do so. Nice work! Lets see some pictures!
Old 04-17-2018, 05:23 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

agree. that's an insane build sheet. i thought you paid too much until I saw that.

anyone care to speculate if this is likely to not drop in value given reasonable miles and maintenace/repairs being done
I suppose it depends on if a general 997.1 becomes "collectible" instead of just "desirable". Rare builds usually don't appreciate unless lots of cars in that category appreciate. For example, find a super clean 944 or 996 build that is a one-off: it will be worth a premium, sure, but it would likely have depreciated by the same % as other run-of-the-mill builds in the same category.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:42 PM
Raky
Intermediate

Originally Posted by raidersfan
That is a unicorn's unicorn! X51 Targa! Pics please!

A 44k mile GT Silver Targa 4S manual, also a 2007, nice build (probably $110-115K) sold at $46,000 here at the dealer mid spring 2017, and it sold in a few days.

Is your build worth an extra $9k? To a lot of people, I would say yes. I don't think you overpaid, although the buyer pool for your car would be much smaller than a non X51 with a slightly cheaper build. Still, if you wanted X51, you were either going to pay $55,000 or risk it selling to another party while you waited for a price drop (and then having extensively bruised legs from kicking yourself after it did sell to someone else) so if you are happy with the car, great job! Plenty of us have hedged on the perfect car, only to lose out on it because we were too cheap to spend an extra $2,000. These cars are just too rare; if your "perfect" build shows up, jump on it if you can afford to do so. Nice work! Lets see some pictures!
My car was literally posted the day before I called on it. I had been searching 2-3x a day for one... kinda crazy I know! The problem was there was a Targa 4S that I was considering that was Red and Manual. I let it get away because it had 8 owners showing on the Carfax (probably 5 real owners) and it had been modified. After it sold I was kicking myself. This came up and it was better. If I let it go, I would have nightmares. The dealership posted it on eBay and I was afraid someone would hit buy it now when the dealer was closed after we already discussed the car. They came down a little on price and basically told me that I could sleep on it. I called them back 2 minutes later and told them it was mine (I came up a couple thousand from my initial offer).

Here are two pics.

Top open

My son touching what he calls "the police badge"

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)