Sponsored by:

Making a Durametric Coding options Manual

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2022, 07:31 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Malignancy
Was trying to code the comfort window feature and in the process must’ve change something because now my horn beeps twice and does not lock the doors with the key fob. Any suggestions??

Comfort window still don’t work but that’s the least of my worries now.
you must have changed something else - I somehow got the horn to go twice on locking, no idea how.. (but comfort windows works!)
Old 08-31-2022, 07:48 PM
Malignancy
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
you must have changed something else - I somehow got the horn to go twice on locking, no idea how.. (but comfort windows works!)
I got it fixed……somehow! There seems to be no rhyme or reason with the programming on my 997. I had the coding the exact same but at one point only the driver side window would roll down. I’ve changed the exact same settings on both doors and then neither door will roll down then I go through and re-change them back and miraculous both windows of roll down. 🤷🏼
Old 09-02-2022, 12:02 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,526 Likes on 919 Posts

Thanks! Yes durametric are terrible supporters, even when contacted about this very project. IN fact I got hold of the software developers in south Africa and they were more helpful.
I think Durametric in the USA is just a few guys doing sales. You were right to go to the developers. I worked with Durametric to solve for a bug in live values... we had to wait in 24 hours cycles for feedback due to the time differences. All good, but the USA office is not technical. I still very happy with the product for my limited needs.

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now in Atlanta)
Old 09-21-2022, 07:19 AM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Great Job!
Old 09-23-2022, 03:46 PM
Coreyw3
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Is coding the seat belt chime for a 997.1 possible with a Foxwell NT530? I have changed the side marker function and browsed through the rest of the options, but I cannot find the seat belt chime to turn it off.

Is it common for people to change the settings from auto/manual chassis? When I got my scanner, the car was set to auto even though it's a 6 speed. The only difference I've come across after switching it to manual is I have to press the brake pedal to start the car (and obviously the clutch).
Old 09-23-2022, 06:32 PM
rtl5009
Three Wheelin'

Received 679 Likes on 322 Posts

You can.
Old 09-23-2022, 08:01 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Coreyw3
Is coding the seat belt chime for a 997.1 possible with a Foxwell NT530? I have changed the side marker function and browsed through the rest of the options, but I cannot find the seat belt chime to turn it off.

Is it common for people to change the settings from auto/manual chassis? When I got my scanner, the car was set to auto even though it's a 6 speed. The only difference I've come across after switching it to manual is I have to press the brake pedal to start the car (and obviously the clutch).
Well thats opposite to how it should behave for the manual/auto thing.
Old 10-18-2022, 10:33 PM
fourthirteen
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Coreyw3
The only difference I've come across after switching it to manual is I have to press the brake pedal to start the car (and obviously the clutch).
If that bugs you then you can turn that off via coding as well. It’s called “Press Brake to Start”, or something like that, and can be activated or deactivated. I saw it when looking for something else with my Launch X431, but can’t remember where.
Old 02-17-2023, 04:01 AM
82_930
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

See that's where it gets odd. For .1 you need:
RIGHT and LEFT door module
-comfort opening "Off", and comfort closing to "On". At least in my car anyway!
In my '06 997.1, I had the dealer code via PIWIS II comfort closing/opening and convenience closing/opening all to "on". The tech had to roll the windows all the way down and then all the way up to reset the module... works perfect! I can open/close the windows from either the key fob or the driver's door keyhole.
Old 02-17-2023, 05:15 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Thanks for that.
Old 04-04-2023, 06:41 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

So the convinience is the keyhole?
Old 05-16-2023, 03:17 PM
MB 911
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

I have a 992.2 S9 cab and a PIWIS 3 and Im just getting stsrted to program a few custom items. Ive set the foglights to remain on regardless of high beam status, side markers are now side markers and side lights, and thr light on the chronic turns on when instrument panel lights turn on.

Any suggestions fofbwhats next? And if someone can assist activating navigation and Aux input in the PCN system that would be appreciated.
Old 05-18-2023, 06:02 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MB 911
I have a 992.2 S9 cab and a PIWIS 3 and Im just getting stsrted to program a few custom items. Ive set the foglights to remain on regardless of high beam status, side markers are now side markers and side lights, and thr light on the chronic turns on when instrument panel lights turn on.

Any suggestions fofbwhats next? And if someone can assist activating navigation and Aux input in the PCN system that would be appreciated.
I have no experience other than 997's.
Old 07-08-2023, 11:55 AM
MatiasAlmeida
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8009 8704 Door h. button, inner sh. stroke

@TortugaTortuga

Did you ever find why, and the solution for your issue with the double beep and 8009 Door h. button, inner sh. stroke code?
I am having the same issue. I get code Door h. button, inner sh. stroke and my car is not locking the doors, and I get the double beep. The radio is not turning off. Please help with any ideas. Thank you!

Old 07-17-2023, 08:07 PM
sspikey
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MatiasAlmeida
@TortugaTortuga

Did you ever find why, and the solution for your issue with the double beep and 8009 Door h. button, inner sh. stroke code?
I am having the same issue. I get code Door h. button, inner sh. stroke and my car is not locking the doors, and I get the double beep. The radio is not turning off. Please help with any ideas. Thank you!
Same issue here. My door won't lock!

Also on another note. Probably answer is no but I just got straight pipes with no cat. I assume there's no way to ignore the 02 sensors with piwis right?

Quick Reply: Making a Durametric Coding options Manual