Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Making a Durametric Coding options Manual

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 10:09 PM
platinum997
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 133 Posts

It is surely different by year for some reason. There are only a couple of configurations to try though so just keep playing with it.

Focus on one door first. Once you figure it out the other door is always the same config.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:52 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Some minor updates with the manual, see post #1 for the link.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:08 PM
greddekopp
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
Hi Folks

I've begun to make a Durametric coding options manual that explains what each coding item is for, primarily for the 9x7 models but a lot of the options will have the same wording for other cars so I hope this finds a wide audience. I was very dismayed at the lack of any explanation to be found for all of these options so decided to start making it myself.

Now, it is a work in progress so I will continue to update the attachment posted here BUT I need YOUR help!!

So please download the file, then if you can add information to it or you think something is wrong then either PM me or add a post to this thread, or preferably also post your info in the comments section on the docs website. If those with Pro tools could maybe take a handful of yellow boxes and start experimenting.

Items in Yellow in the file are unknown as yet, but other errors may be present. I also need someone who has 4wd and seat weight sensors to fill in the coding sections that are empty - 4wd hasn't been added yet.
I have also added my coding for my car, but don't assume it is necessarily correct.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Happy Coding!!

Matt
After I installed a Dension unit in my 997.1 , I took my car to the dealer to have them turn on the CDC. They have done that and my Dension with all of the functions works well except that I get an error every time I turn my car on that says "System error: CD changer not available" If I hit the Enter button it goes away but I was wondering if there is something that I can change with my Durametric Pro that will fix this?
Old 06-03-2019, 07:09 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by greddekopp
After I installed a Dension unit in my 997.1 , I took my car to the dealer to have them turn on the CDC. They have done that and my Dension with all of the functions works well except that I get an error every time I turn my car on that says "System error: CD changer not available" If I hit the Enter button it goes away but I was wondering if there is something that I can change with my Durametric Pro that will fix this?
I really dont know - I haven't played with any of this at all. The Dension emulates the CDC so maybe the denison isn't powering up fast enough?
Old 06-04-2019, 04:47 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

I've tried every combination of enabling/disabling devices to remove the error, but I couldn't get it to disappear permanently. I gave up, and just dismiss the error every time I start the car.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:39 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts

Regarding "System error: CD changer not available" -- I used to get that on my Cayenne when the battery was low. I got similar weirdness when I moved the Dension to the 997. Ultimately I replaced the Dension with a LA Power / Mr 12V knockoff and all is well. The Dension was much more finnicky than the cheaper one.

If you're getting "System error: Phone" or similar error message, you likely need to get the factory phone module coding removed from your PCM. Unfortunately, only the dealer can do that.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:34 PM
greddekopp
7th Gear

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
I really dont know - I haven't played with any of this at all. The Dension emulates the CDC so maybe the denison isn't powering up fast enough?
I have it powered by the 12V lighter receptacle that constant 12V live.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:37 PM
TortugaTortuga
Track Day

Thanks for starting the coding manual, I found it helpful.

Has anyone else spent a lot of time trying to figure out what the fault codes that durametric were and if they were related to the symptoms you were/are having? Maybe others will find it helpful to share what faults we had and what worked to resolve them (or what didnt work)? Here are mine so far:

Resolved Faults

Car: 2006 C4S Cab M/T
Module: Vehicle Electrical System
Fault: 8042: Washing system pump
Symptom(s): Windshield washing fluid not spraying
Fix: Replacing windshield washer motor (997 628 182 00)
DIY Link: https://www.renntech.org/topic/48981...sher-tank-diy/
Note: n/a

Module: Airbag - POSIP
Fault: 805A: Passenger's front sensor no communication
Symptom(s): Airbag warning in dash.
Fix: Replacing passenger side impact sensor behind bumper cover (997-618-223-02)
DIY Link: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...4&d=1359564582
Note: DIY link is for bumper removal, then google for locations of impact sensors

Fault: 8055: AWS LIN no communication
Symptom(s): Airbag warning in dash, passenger airbag off stays illuminated, passenger airbag disabled. AWS Module in durametric unable to connect.
Fix: ***This "fix" leaves passenger airbag active even when unoccupied. Durametric coding change to disable AWS in Airbag - POSIP and Gateway.
DIY Link: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...4&d=1359564582
Note: AWS module unable to connect; real fix for AWS function is to determine why AWS module is not working.
Secondary Fault(s): (Module / Code): Gateway / C136: Communication AWS control unit (comfort); Airbag - POSIP / 8056: AWS LIN implausible signal

Fault: 8016: Passenger Airbag OFF light open circuit/short circuit to ground
Symptom(s): Airbag warning in dash. Passenger airbag off light not illuminated even if disabled.
Fix: Clear codes in durametric. If code does not stay clear then need to replace or reconnect passenger airbag off light in center console.
DIY Link:
Note: n/a

Unresolved Faults

Module: Left Door
Fault: 8026: Control Unit Faulty
Symptom(s): Left door not automatically closing. Remote will not lock doors (double beep)
Fix: TBD, Unresolved
DIY Link:
Note: Replacing door latch did not resolve issues

Module: Left Door
Fault: 8009: Door h. button, inner sh. stroke
Symptom(s): Left door not automatically closing. Remote will not lock doors (double beep)
DIY Link:

Module: Porsche Access System - PAS
Fault: 8004: Terminal 50; 8005: Terminal S
DIY Link:
The following users liked this post:
scottmcdaniel (09-16-2021)
Old 09-28-2019, 07:15 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2007 TT and I have had enthusiast and 2 different pro cables. Whether my car is "automatically detected" is hit or miss. Most times it is not and when I check the box for my engine and hit next it tells me it won't communicate with the module. It only actually is usable 1 out of 20 attempts. Anyone had this?
Old 09-29-2019, 01:39 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,562 Likes on 940 Posts

Originally Posted by tguaturbo
I have a 2007 TT and I have had enthusiast and 2 different pro cables. Whether my car is "automatically detected" is hit or miss. Most times it is not and when I check the box for my engine and hit next it tells me it won't communicate with the module. It only actually is usable 1 out of 20 attempts. Anyone had this?
2009 C2S 143k miles

Auto detect used to work, now doesn't and had not for a few years now. Beyond that, it always works fine.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 09-29-2019, 02:05 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
2009 C2S 143k miles

Auto detect used to work, now doesn't and had not for a few years now. Beyond that, it always works fine.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
So that means you check the box on eng and then next and it communicates to your control modules?

Do you turn key all the way right and use the hazards as they suggest or no hazards?

Or do you run the motor?

I am assuming you don't have to attempt many times before you get communication.

My car does have a GIAC tune for AWE tuning. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?
Old 09-29-2019, 02:06 PM
hatchetf15
Rennlist Member

Received 1,026 Likes on 635 Posts

FWIW, the auto-detect hasn’t worked for my 996 or 955 since three revisions, or so, ago. I miss when the VINs would just populate.

Last edited by hatchetf15; 09-29-2019 at 11:37 PM.
Old 09-29-2019, 02:30 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,562 Likes on 940 Posts

I do turn on the hazards.but not right away... I usually think of it later. Engine on or off...I do both depending... doesn't matter. I never had a communications issue. It just works.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 09-29-2019, 06:21 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by hatchetf15
FWIW, the auto-detect hasn’t worked for my 996 or 955 since three revisions, or so, ago.
If mine does not "auto detect" then I know I'm SOL and have to start all over.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:26 PM
ThunderRolls
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 89 Posts

I have to choose "997" in the pop up box when I first start it up and then it shows a second popup box which lists engines and it already has Turbo selected. Next to that it says (auto-detected)

It does this every time, and I don't have any issues running the program. Not sure if you guys are talking about the same thing or not.

Quick Reply: Making a Durametric Coding options Manual