Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC Sport - Tuning Software Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 01:52 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,604 Likes on 2,343 Posts

dont forget to check your f/w version before installing new maps, as some of them are for v3 f/w only!
Old 01-29-2022, 02:10 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

Larry does the dsc site still share other maps besides the one on the latest update for our V1 dated 2020?

Last edited by slicky rick; 01-29-2022 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-29-2022, 02:13 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,604 Likes on 2,343 Posts

Originally Posted by slicky rick
Larry does the dsc sight still share other maps besides the one on the latest update for our V1 dated 2020?

Sorry I don't know @TPC Racing ?
Old 01-29-2022, 02:57 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,562 Likes on 940 Posts

2009 C2S 178K miles

I would be happy to share my custom map if anyone wants it FWIW. PM me. I am sure others here with a particular vintage would share also. Honestly, I think if anyone is considering changing their mapping, download the latest from DSC and start there. I was not aware of a firmware and map compatibility issue... obviously very important.

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now Atlanta)
The following users liked this post:
scadams (08-06-2023)
Old 01-29-2022, 10:06 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

I would assume that if the dsc site says for 997.2 it's for the v1 box for the 997.2... if it says 997.1 it's for the b1 box for the 997.1 ... I dont they will say 997.2 and each and every owner has to check their firmware if it fit because it does not even say from what to what firmware... Tom just mentioned do not mix and match... dont put 991 to 997...
The following users liked this post:
Larry Cable (01-29-2022)
Old 02-01-2022, 11:39 PM
Vital Signs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hoping someone has a B16 (PASM kept intact) 997.2 turbo/S file. The custom files don't seem to be hosted on the DSC website anymore.
Old 02-02-2022, 02:50 AM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Vital Signs
Hoping someone has a B16 (PASM kept intact) 997.2 turbo/S file. The custom files don't seem to be hosted on the DSC website anymore.
If you find please pm me. I’ve got stock PASM+eibachs. I tried the zero level but it did not seem to work. Don’t think the ride height sensors are there on 997.2, only 991+.
Old 03-02-2022, 06:59 PM
tanger
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Unable to find answer through search, but if i missed the thread please just point me there. I installed the DSC last year, stock mapping. Last week I had my rear shocks replaced as well as new engine mounts put in (both OEM). The car now feels VERY stiff, much more than i would have expected from the OEM replacement bits. Did I have to unplug the DSC to let the OEM PASM reset with the new shocks and then plug in the DSC after driving it around a bit?
Old 03-02-2022, 07:09 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 951 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by tanger
Unable to find answer through search, but if i missed the thread please just point me there. I installed the DSC last year, stock mapping. Last week I had my rear shocks replaced as well as new engine mounts put in (both OEM). The car now feels VERY stiff, much more than i would have expected from the OEM replacement bits. Did I have to unplug the DSC to let the OEM PASM reset with the new shocks and then plug in the DSC after driving it around a bit?
It possible that one of the replaced rear shocks isn't plugged in all the way. Check the rear shock connectors. Its possible that they may look like they're plugged in but not plugged in all the way, in such case I'd unplug the connector and reconnect them. You can refer to DSC support video to see how to check for possible fault codes that aren't persistent enough to trigger fault message on the dash. Support video link- https://www.dscsport.com/support-vid...-0ed9f5a8-9f31

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Old 03-02-2022, 08:41 PM
tanger
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks! will see what i can find...

Originally Posted by Tom@TPC Racing
It possible that one of the replaced rear shocks isn't plugged in all the way. Check the rear shock connectors. Its possible that they may look like they're plugged in but not plugged in all the way, in such case I'd unplug the connector and reconnect them. You can refer to DSC support video to see how to check for possible fault codes that aren't persistent enough to trigger fault message on the dash. Support video link- https://www.dscsport.com/support-vid...-0ed9f5a8-9f31
Old 03-03-2022, 05:05 AM
donR
Pro

Received 202 Likes on 120 Posts

I had an occassion where the DSC seemed to crash and I had a headlight level sensor warning and no damper control, just bouncy. I re-flashed the DSC and it was all fixed so could be worth reflashing it.

On another note does anyone get a constant very high pitched faint squeeling noise with the DSC? Just wondering as when I put my stock controller in the noise goes away. I have the tractive coilovers so just wondering if it is something to do with those or something else I should check? Noise is a bit irritating although tolerable.
Old 03-04-2022, 06:14 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 786 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by donR
I had an occassion where the DSC seemed to crash and I had a headlight level sensor warning and no damper control, just bouncy. I re-flashed the DSC and it was all fixed so could be worth reflashing it.

On another note does anyone get a constant very high pitched faint squeeling noise with the DSC? Just wondering as when I put my stock controller in the noise goes away. I have the tractive coilovers so just wondering if it is something to do with those or something else I should check? Noise is a bit irritating although tolerable.
super random question but does it seem connected to your throttle? I get a similar sounding noise if I push on the throttle and within 10 seconds of not pushing on the throttle it will go away. It also seems to come and go once the car is warm. I sit in traffic a lot and have time to overthink about this.
Old 03-05-2022, 04:16 AM
donR
Pro

Received 202 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesinger
super random question but does it seem connected to your throttle? I get a similar sounding noise if I push on the throttle and within 10 seconds of not pushing on the throttle it will go away. It also seems to come and go once the car is warm. I sit in traffic a lot and have time to overthink about this.
Thanks for the thought but it is a constant sounds regardless of any changes and sounds like it is coming from the back of the car. As mentioned goes away when I put the stock controller back in so does suggest the DSC is doing something to make the noise. I don't remember it happening with the OEM PASM dampers so it is something to do with the tractive dampers. I think.
Old 04-04-2022, 02:30 AM
ROJOFRO
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by donR

Holy S*** I noticed the same high pitched sound recently! I Have a 996T with Tractive coilovers and DSC. *** and ** recently taken out a front headlight trying to fix a inoperable front left turn signal connection. Not sure if that is correlated, but the very interesting to say the least. I had a fault code of 1111 1111 1111 1111 which means everything was fault so "crashed". After taking the controller out, inspecting, and reinstalling the faults cleared and didn't come back. I get the high pitch when I establish usb connection (while car power on) to laptop. It goes away after a few seconds. Very weird.
Old 04-04-2022, 08:31 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,552 Likes on 4,167 Posts

Originally Posted by ROJOFRO
Holy S*** I noticed the same high pitched sound recently! I Have a 996T with Tractive coilovers and DSC. *** and ** recently taken out a front headlight trying to fix a inoperable front left turn signal connection. Not sure if that is correlated, but the very interesting to say the least. I had a fault code of 1111 1111 1111 1111 which means everything was fault so "crashed". After taking the controller out, inspecting, and reinstalling the faults cleared and didn't come back. I get the high pitch when I establish usb connection (while car power on) to laptop. It goes away after a few seconds. Very weird.
I thought you weren't supposed to power on the car and DSC box when connecting it to a laptop via the USB, just like it wouldn't be if doing it at your desk.

Quick Reply: DSC Sport - Tuning Software Discussion Thread