Fidelity Platinum Extended Warranty - Recent Prices Here

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 11:17 PM
starvational
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by radctt1
Starvational,

Sorry. I failed to mention that as I was still under 4 years and my factory warranty was soon to expire. Good luck
It’s all good...I’m sure some of the newer 911 peeps will still find the info useful.

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Got the same answer. He won't even write a policy for a 997 still under CPO coverage.
Especially when Michael from Mossy motors won’t even bat an eye to provide a quote.

Last edited by starvational; 10-27-2017 at 03:31 AM.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:44 PM
RodneyB
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default same here with Troy

Got the same answer. He won't even write a policy for a 997 still under CPO coverage.
Yup, same here. I did get a call from Troy 4-5 days after I sent him an email and left a phone message only to find he could not quote me due to age of my car and out of state etc. I had already closed the deal with Mike and like I said earlier, Mike was a great to work with.
I did notice on the policy it states "for vehicles with less than 35,000 miles"
I believe the VIN and low miles are the only thing they go by at Mossy Motors. No pre inspection or waiting period either. I got 6 years 60,000 miles peace of mind for $4K
Old 10-26-2017, 01:01 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,028 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by RodneyB
Yup, same here. I did get a call from Troy 4-5 days after I sent him an email and left a phone message only to find he could not quote me due to age of my car and out of state etc. I had already closed the deal with Mike and like I said earlier, Mike was a great to work with.
I did notice on the policy it states "for vehicles with less than 35,000 miles"
I believe the VIN and low miles are the only thing they go by at Mossy Motors
. No pre inspection or waiting period either. I got 6 years 60,000 miles peace of mind for $4K
I have a quote from Mike for $5,800 for a 3 year 36,000 mile platinum policy and my car is approaching 55,000 miles. So I guess higher miles is not a deal breaker but the price goes up.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:58 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

Subscribing. Has anyone with a car out of CPO warranty (i.e 6 or more years old and with less than 25K miles) had an issue getting warranty coverage? And I assume Fidelity comes highly recommended?

Those of you getting quoted $3-$4K for 6 year coverage, I assume this means 6 years *from the date you purchase the warranty*? Of course, 6 years from when the car is new would mean most of your cars wouldn't be eligible?
Old 10-30-2017, 01:39 PM
heatz
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by heatz
Seems like it would cover engine and transmission for catastrophic failures. I have reached out to Mike and hope to learn more about it.
did you get any info on this?. Mike referred me to Fidelity but I have not spoken with them yet. I'm looking at a powertrain warranty on a '06 C2S with 39k mi.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:42 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
Subscribing. Has anyone with a car out of CPO warranty (i.e 6 or more years old and with less than 25K miles) had an issue getting warranty coverage? And I assume Fidelity comes highly recommended?

Those of you getting quoted $3-$4K for 6 year coverage, I assume this means 6 years *from the date you purchase the warranty*? Of course, 6 years from when the car is new would mean most of your cars wouldn't be eligible?
It is from the date of purchase of warranty.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:41 PM
K-A
Drifting

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
It is from the date of purchase of warranty.
Thanks. Any of you guys opting for the Gold or Gold Plus package?

I’m looking through the Platinum and even Gold Plus package details, and it seems for the *average* 911, Gold should be sufficient?
Old 10-30-2017, 08:24 PM
heatz
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A

I’m looking through the Platinum and even Gold Plus package details, and it seems for the *average* 911, Gold should be sufficient?
I'm looking at the powertrain plan as that will protect me against the most expensive repairs. IMS and waterpump failures are covered according to the rep I spoke with at Fidelity. The difference in price between powertrain and Platinum is more than the cost of most other repairs - I think. Maybe I am wrong, but paying 10-15% of a car's value on bumper to bumper warranty isn't a good enough ROI. The car I am looking at is an '06 with 39k mi and platinum for 5 yrs is 20% price of car!

Last edited by heatz; 10-30-2017 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:43 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by K-A

Anything less than Platinum is a stated component policy where whatever is covered is specified. I've bought one of those policies in the past and swore never to do it again. The adjusters are extremely creative and skilled in coming up with excuses for not covering an item with the stated component policies. Much harder for them to wiggle their way out of an exclusionary policy. Besides it's not just the engine and transmission that's expensive to fix on these cars. I don't know that I ever had a repair bill for less than $1,000 for anything other than an oil change.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:46 PM
K-A
Drifting

Anything less than Platinum is a stated component policy where whatever is covered is specified. I've bought one of those policies in the past and swore never to do it again. The adjusters are extremely creative and skilled in coming up with excuses for not covering an item with the stated component policies. Much harder for them to wiggle their way out of an exclusionary policy. Besides it's not just the engine and transmission that's expensive to fix on these cars. I don't know that I ever had a repair bill for less than $1,000 for anything other than an oil change.
Hmm, interesting and I've heard the same.

That makes it a bit more difficult as the Platinum policy is considerably more expensive. But if it's let's say another $2K, what good is a $2-$3K Gold policy if it doesn't cover anything realistically likely to break (let's be honest, the catastrophic failures we all want to have covered so we can sleep well at night are highly unlikely to fail, while the little things are what could add up).

I contacted Michael and mileage plays a huge role in price difference. For example, if I buy now at almost 19K miles, it would be CONSIDERABLY cheaper than buying at 22K miles. Just 3K miles makes such a difference. So I have a decision to wait until my CPO is up in 7 months, or buy now and save chunk of cash, yet have some redundant overlap which basically loses 7 months of coverage on the account I'll be paying for. I guess I have to crunch some numbers.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:36 AM
K-A
Drifting

Curiously, those of you with several months left on your OEM warranty but likely noticed the significant savings of getting your aftermarket warranty now (with several months of overlap of your manufacturers or CPO warranty) due to the large effect mileage has on prices, how have you gone about it? Get the warranty now and lose some time on it but save hundreds or thousands, or wait it out and see?
Old 11-01-2017, 12:11 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by K-A
Curiously, those of you with several months left on your OEM warranty but likely noticed the significant savings of getting your aftermarket warranty now (with several months of overlap of your manufacturers or CPO warranty) due to the large effect mileage has on prices, how have you gone about it? Get the warranty now and lose some time on it but save hundreds or thousands, or wait it out and see?
I've discussed this with Mike. I have CPO until end of December 2017. Current mileage is 54,200. Trying to minimize the overlap I asked him what the difference would be in price if I bought today or a month from now with perhaps 55,000miles instead. Same exact price so who knows what the exact formula is.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:33 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

The prices of these warranties are based on mileage and if you are under the factory warranty.

In 2011 I paid $2300 for a 7 yr / 70K miles Platinum warranty (range of quotes were as high as $5K), $100 deductible. I had just under 10K miles and factory warranty was in place for another year.

Try to price shop these warranties. Prices do vary (significantly).

As for my claim experience, so far very good but limited to one claim for replacing the tire pressure monitors (dealer pricing is simply crazy for them).

I agree with above that you want an exclusionary policy (platinum) as there is no such thing as an inexpensive repair. The gold or below is very limited.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:52 AM
K-A
Drifting

I've discussed this with Mike. I have CPO until end of December 2017. Current mileage is 54,200. Trying to minimize the overlap I asked him what the difference would be in price if I bought today or a month from now with perhaps 55,000miles instead. Same exact price so who knows what the exact formula is.
Yeah, turns out the reason why I was seeing such a drastic change per only a few K miles was because we accidentally used a $100 deductible on one of them. I’m at 18.7K miles and Mike said that there is no change until I pass 25K miles. So it isn’t “prorated” on mileage, it just stays in one range until whatever the next key number is (25K appears to be one of them). I’m sure I’ll have well under that in June of next year, so I’ll get it just as the CPO runs out.

I was hoping to save a chunk by getting a Gold or Gold Plus, but if you guys say to get an exclusionary on this car, then it’s probably worth it.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:33 PM
upeshdesai
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[deleted]
Well, finally got my warranty purchase done from Mike! He was super helpful and the price was really the best I found! Papers on the way in the mail lol ��

Last edited by upeshdesai; 11-17-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Fidelity Platinum Extended Warranty - Recent Prices Here