Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My poor car

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 09:31 PM
GN2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lozzy, why are you e-mailing anyone with Porsche? Your attorney should be handling all communications at this point. Additionally, I agree with the suggestion to make a licensing related complaint. By the way, has your attorney discussed filing a criminal complaint for theft by fraud or whatever equivalent that exists in your state.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:39 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

By the way, has your attorney discussed filing a criminal complaint for theft by fraud or whatever equivalent that exists in your state.
+1 There has to be some statute that prevents straight out fraud. Especially here in California.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:36 PM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by eflight
Despite alll the statements by Porsche about the CPO process, at the end of the day CPO is really nothing but an extended warranty
That's because the dealer is responsible for the "process" of Certification. The dealer then pays PCNA for the CPO Warranty. PCNA is in turn on the hook for the repairs covered under the CPO Warranty. PCNA does have skin in the game and is on the hook for covered repairs under the CPO Warranty.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:42 AM
Kingspoke
2nd Gear

Default Yelp

Sorry Lozzy, but Yelp took down my post and sent me the following email;

We wanted to let you know that we've removed your review of Beverly Hills Porsche. Our Support team has determined that it falls outside our Content Guidelines (http://www.yelp.com/guidelines) because it lacks a firsthand customer experience.

We hope you will continue to participate on Yelp, while keeping in mind our Content Guidelines.

Removed Content:
I am strongly considering buying a Porsche, but having read about the unscrupulous business practices of Beverly Hill Porsche, I would never buy a Porsche from them, and in fact Porsche Cars of North America condones the practices of this unethical Porsche dealership. Therefore I'm steering away from the Porsche brand, since their ethical conduct does not meet my standards and they don't meet their own Certified Pre-owned Standards!

Read the details on Rennlist "My Poor Car". Beverly Hills Porsche, give the Porsche name, a bad stain! Berverly Hills Porsche - you fit the "old used car salesman" stereotype well!

Regards,
Rosaline
Yelp User Support
San Francisco, California

Perhaps BHP contacted them after reading it. I'll guess I get back to my Vette forum and check back often for progress in your case. Again, best wishes!

Last edited by Kingspoke; 07-24-2013 at 12:49 AM. Reason: type o
Old 07-24-2013, 12:45 AM
A4EP
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
Every email to PCNA gets bounced back. They insulate themselves well. I'm going to call again tomorrow, for what it's worth, maybe to just point out that the congratulatory letter was ill-judged lol.
In todays world it is too easy to ignore an email, send it to someone else who does not act on it or simply overlook it by mistake.

I suggest you go old school on them. Type up a very professional letter. List your vehicle history with the brand and even toss in Ferrari too. Include the Vins even to complete the profile. Address your complaint and leave an action point they can follow up with like call you or whatever. Sign the letter and include your business card.

Then, and here is the old school approach, Fedex overnight the letter the the entire executive group at PCNA. Or at least these specific people:

Tim quinn - vp aftersales
Andre Oosthuizen - vp marketing
Michael bartsch - coo
Detlev von platen - ceo

You can find the entire exec team here

http://press.porsche.com/more_about/...cna/platen.php

Heck, you may even want to do the same fedex overnight to Germany for Herr Müller.

Doing anything so the letter/email stands out from the crowd is necessary for a reaction. I have always found an extremely high response rate to this tactic in todays digital world.

One more suggestion for letter content: reference this thread and the impact it is getting against the CPO process and brand in Social Media. As a head of marketing for a major german manufacturer i can promise you this is important!

Good luck!

Last edited by A4EP; 07-24-2013 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 07-24-2013, 04:06 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

I still think you arent going to get anywhere with attorneys. Things never end well with attorneys -- other than subsidizing their summer home in Naples.

Attorneys can send a letter, the other side has 30 days, they send a letter. Things get turned over to counsel, they get time. Motions get filed. Courts move slowly. Injunctions to follow. Someone decides to actually sue. More injunctions and delays. A pretrial hearing. Arbitration. Motions to dismiss. More waiting. Takes months to get a court date. Motions to delay the court date. A year goes by -- maybe more. You finally show up in court. Evidentiary procedures not nearly done. More delays. Cpl months later back to court. Some day you actually have a trial. Takes 6-8 months to actually get a verdict from the judge. Judgement is appealed and tied up for many more months, and the nightmare goes on.

You need help now. This is not a 18-month problem, this is an 18-minute problem. If you want something solved efficiently and expeditiously, the judiciary is the last place Id be headed. Id be paying your attorney to just give you sound advice on how to raise the biggest Internet poop-storm you can. When you read about accounts of customer service gone bad and consumer activism winning, its not through a court or judge. Its through the exponential wildfire the Internet can bring.

Nothing moves faster than a poop-storm on the Internet. And nothing is more impossible to erase. Its public record. Its everywhere. Its in the cosmos forever. Businesses are far more worried about these immediate PR threats than they are an attorney letterhead. They can hide the court stuff from the public eye and tie it up for months or years. They have the big pockets. They have enough money to pay lawyers to lose the case just so you go broke winning the case.

Just my opinion.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:58 AM
JustinCase
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by A4EP
I suggest you go old school on them. Type up a very professional letter. List your vehicle history with the brand and even toss in Ferrari too. Include the Vins even to complete the profile. Address your complaint and leave an action point they can follow up with like call you or whatever. Sign the letter and include your business card.

Then, and here is the old school approach, Fedex overnight the letter the the entire executive group at PCNA. Or at least these specific people:

Tim quinn - vp aftersales
Andre Oosthuizen - vp marketing
Michael bartsch - coo
Detlev von platen - ceo
I emphatically agree. I had problems with a Hino (made by Toyota) delivery truck and their existing warranty. Wrote letter and copied CEO of Toyota (owner of Hino) in Japan, CEO of Hino (in Japan), and President of Hino USA. I didn't even FEDEX or register the mail. I got immediate reaction from the dealer (who was absolutely NOT at fault) in response to pressure from Hino USA and a telephoned apology from the head of Hino USA (with his personal contact information for future use). I have to say Toyota/Hino went well above the call of duty to make me happy -- I didn't even ask for anything, just gave them good data on a defective part and recommended that they change suppliers.

Another time I had serious order fulfillment problems from Delta Machinery, found out they were now owned by a company in Korea, sent letters to all pertinent parties regular mail. Got a telephoned apology from Delta's plant manager, who got my parts in the mail that day.

Top guys get things done when they know about problems. Middle guys get things done so they can look good at being proactive with a problem before their top guy boss asks them what the hell is going on. That's how big companies work.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:23 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have written letters to a number of Porsche execs, no response. I think the Porsche and the dealer are going to win. I'm getting a bit tired.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:02 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 669 Likes on 363 Posts

Have you considered a local television action reporter? Maybe in Atlanta where PCNA is headquartered?
Old 07-24-2013, 01:05 PM
manishdutta
4th Gear

Try filling out this form since you bought the car from BS BH California, make sure to add attachments and pictures http://www.dca.ca.gov/acp/capmotor.shtml - I had an issue with my car and PCNA surprisingly was more than receptive and not only reimbursed me but the issue was clearly sorted and clearly the dealer in NB was awesome to help out. Hope it all works out…
Old 07-24-2013, 01:07 PM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lozzy, as I already mentioned to you their goal is to tire you out, that's their game and they are very good at it, they practice for these events every day of selling cars to us. Be strong and hang in there let your attorney do all the work, you have a long road ahead but you will prevail. Guaranteed.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:59 PM
manishdutta
4th Gear

Lozzy, I found the person at PCNA who helped me. If you can IM me here I'll be happy to share the contact, she was rather helpful and hopefully still here. Furthermore, The Law Firm that PCNA used to mediate with me was DeMars & Associates, Ltd.
800-279-5343 x1200
Old 07-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Vancouver-BC
Instructor

And the CPO scam continues.

"End of the day, my tester was ready to drive off of the lot and have its Porsche magic enjoyed – on a long road trip or otherwise. Sometime after leaving my custody, a Porsche rep will sell this thing to some lucky person who can enjoy it for more than a week. And that person will be driving a machine that feels, by and large, like it did when it rolled out of the factory a few years earlier.

That person won’t have to book an appointment with a mechanic for an inspection, transport the car around, order tires, schedule maintenance, order a CarProof report or worry that they may have missed something, either.

With a CPO Porsche, it’s all about confidence, peace of mind, and access to a no-nonsense ownership experience. You’re covered, here – and left with nothing to do but hop in and drive off."

http://www.autos.ca/car-test-drives/...-911-targa-4s/
Old 07-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinCase
Top guys get things done when they know about problems. Middle guys get things done so they can look good at being proactive with a problem before their top guy boss asks them what the hell is going on. That's how big companies work.
Quoted for truth. I've seen people at my company ignore an issue until it became clear that someone on executive management was about to find out. At that point, the problem was handled, expeditiously and quietly.

...And anything that made it to executive management created a $hit-storm for the people downhill who allowed it to escalate to that point.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Vancouver-BC
And the CPO scam continues.

"End of the day, my tester was ready to drive off of the lot and have its Porsche magic enjoyed – on a long road trip or otherwise. Sometime after leaving my custody, a Porsche rep will sell this thing to some lucky person who can enjoy it for more than a week. And that person will be driving a machine that feels, by and large, like it did when it rolled out of the factory a few years earlier.

That person won’t have to book an appointment with a mechanic for an inspection, transport the car around, order tires, schedule maintenance, order a CarProof report or worry that they may have missed something, either.

With a CPO Porsche, it’s all about confidence, peace of mind, and access to a no-nonsense ownership experience. You’re covered, here – and left with nothing to do but hop in and drive off."

http://www.autos.ca/car-test-drives/...-911-targa-4s/
I replied to that article, thanks for posting

Quick Reply: My poor car